Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 21 2012, 09:48 AM   #1591
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

AvBaur wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
And Rutina Wesley? Sweet.
It's not Rutina Wesley. I don't even know where that came from; the official casting announcement is here: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...s-michonne.php
Aw, too bad. I like Rutina Wesley. I've never seen this other actress before, but she'll probably be good; they've done a good job with the casting so far.
Old March 21 2012, 10:03 AM   #1592
the G-man
Commodore

In regards to the theory that Lori is zombie chow, I have a feeling that-all things being equal and regardless of what did/does or did/doesn't happen in the book- the perceived need for a female lead on TV and the inability to prevent child actors from aging mean we'll lose Carl before we lose Lori.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 10:41 AM   #1593
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Depends on the story they want to tell. A female lead may be necessary, but Lori certainly isn't and hasn't been. The most important thing she has done all season is run off and crash a car and need rescuing. Made for a cool scene when she was escaping the car, but added nothing to the story.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 12:52 PM   #1594
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I saw it last night and liked it. I enjoyed the beginning sequence, and it was nice to see the helicopter and have a reminder that there's a bigger world out there.

But seriously, what is with the women? Suddenly Carol and Maggie are whispering to their men that they'd be better off on their own. Daryl seems pretty unimpressed and it looks like he's with Rick pretty much no matter what which is fine by me.

Rick probably should have told them about the infection but I can understand why he didn't. The rest of the group should cut him some slack, he's had to try and hold the group together while the rest of them have been wandering around bitching.

Lori...ugh.

I figured the red shirts were going to die and we didn't know them well enough for their deaths to have any real impact.

I kinda wish T-Dog had just kicked Lori and Beth out and continued driving to the coast. He's done absolutely nothing this season, I'd love a little bit at the start of next season just seeing him chilling out on the beach drinking a mojito.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 05:20 PM   #1595
Disruptor
Commodore

Will we ever find out how the Latino family did after they went their own way last season?

I want them to find Jim, alive and well. Turns out he just had food poisoning.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 05:32 PM   #1596
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Disruptor wrote: View Post
LOL.. yea, he had a bad reaction to the fish Andrea and Amy caught.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 05:51 PM   #1597
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Depends on the story they want to tell. A female lead may be necessary, but Lori certainly isn't and hasn't been. The most important thing she has done all season is run off and crash a car and need rescuing. Made for a cool scene when she was escaping the car, but added nothing to the story.
I was thinking of Lori's odd behavior form another angle that may come across as sexist but I don't mean it that way.

How many times in real life have men interacted with women who beg them to, "tell them the truth," only in reality to regret doing so.

In the Walking Dead Lori and Rick seem to have come to a footing of truth telling in their relationship.

Lori essentially begs Rick to 'handle Shane,' only in the last episode to freak out when Rick does.

So I was thinking in real life how this happens on a different level:

Woman tells man to tell her the, "truth."

Woman to man: "Does this dress make me look skinnier, and I want you to tell me the truth?"

Man: "You sure you want me to tell you the truth?"

Woman: "Yes"

Man: "No actually you don't look any skinner in that dress."

Woman: Cry, cry, cry, whine, whine, whine, "Why doesn't it? Do I look fat? Is that what you meant?"

Man: slaps his forehead and wishes he hadn't told the truth.

So in the season finale, Rick told Lori the truth and she acted as many women and for that matter men do when they don't really mean they want to hear the truth and react badly despite demanding it in the first place.

This is how people in real life interact unfortunately.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 06:02 PM   #1598
Derishton
Vice Admiral

That's an interesting way to look at it. The word "truth" itself has a long history in which it carries two meanings: factual accuracy, the more common definition in our scientific age; and that which should be true, often in a spiritual sense. I think when people ask for the "truth" they are often asking for validation of something they believe should be "true" in the sense that it goes beyond facts, and that turns into "truth" being what you want to believe very quickly.

So maybe it does make sense for Lori to have reacted this way, having wanted to hear something else; and maybe, further, Lori has discovered what many peopele have discovered: that you can't see a person the same way when you know they've killed, especially if it was someone they knew rather than anonymous threats in an abandoned bar.
Old March 21 2012, 06:17 PM   #1599
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Derishton wrote: View Post
So maybe it does make sense for Lori to have reacted this way, having wanted to hear something else; and maybe, further, Lori has discovered what many peopele have discovered: that you can't see a person the same way when you know they've killed, especially if it was someone they knew rather than anonymous threats in an abandoned bar.
Exactly. In the dialog she almost gives Rick an "out," by asking specifically if Shane was killed by the walkers. He tells the truth. BTW his son asked the same question and he didn't lie to him either.

It probably in real life would have been smarter to tell the truth about the zombie virus when Jenner first told him but kept the details of Shane's death to himself.

But the way they set it up creates better drama for television.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 08:41 PM   #1600
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Disruptor wrote: View Post
Will we ever find out how the Latino family did after they went their own way last season?

nonononono, bites kill. They give you the fever, the body's temperature goes way up and then you die. And then you return. There's no retcon here.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 08:54 PM   #1601
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

That doesn't automatically mean "kill". The fact that you have a fever means your immune system is trying to fight it off. It's entirely possible that someone could survive under the right circumstances.

Assuming, of course, they were suffering a zombie bite and not just food poisoning.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 09:14 PM   #1602
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I kept wondering how the zombies got to Jimmy - I was so tense and it did not all register. I will rewatch tonight.

It all did make him seem quite the dolt. But in his defense Jimmy never really had to deal did he? He was on that farm in Herschel's insular little bubble. Plus, I figured that Randall and Patricia would bite it or get bit in this case. So his death registered but I did not really analyze it.

Of the farm crowd I thought that Maggie had the best shot of making it out alive for Glenn's sake. I was suprised that Herschel and Beth survived.

I also felt that T-Dawg would be a goner. Of the main cast he is the least developed.
Old March 21 2012, 09:25 PM   #1603
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Some memes.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 09:34 PM   #1604
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

you know after they meet at the sophia spot then start driving till they run out of gas? did they mention where they were going?

heading to the coast is actually not a bad idea. The zombies have one less direction to come at you from. If they could find a large barge or even an island, clear it of zombies, and live there it would be pretty safe. Though a prison works too. As long as you were sure all the actual inmates were gone.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 09:36 PM   #1605
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
I kept wondering how the zombies got to Jimmy - I was so tense and it did not all register. I will rewatch tonight.

It all did make him seem quite the dolt. But in his defense Jimmy never really had to deal did he? He was on that farm in Herschel's insular little bubble. Plus, I figured that Randall and Patricia would bite it or get bit in this case. So his death registered but I did not really analyze it.

Of the farm crowd I thought that Maggie had the best shot of making it out alive for Glenn's sake. I was suprised that Herschel and Beth survived.

I also felt that T-Dawg would be a goner. Of the main cast he is the least developed.
Yea, I figured Jimmy, Patricia and beth were all toast, surprised they let Beth survive, but, maybe they plan to do something with her next season.

Herschell, I saw it as a possibility he might die, but, I felt with Dale gone, there was an older wisdom role left empty, so I was hoping they let him survive.

T-Dawg, yea, they've done almost nothing with him through 19 episodes (What, has he had, about 20 lines total, I think?), so, I'm surprised he survived

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote