RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,723
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 767
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 21 2012, 06:35 AM   #1126
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Posted in the spoiler thread:

Amazon is allowing people who bought ME 3 from them to be able to send the game back for a full refund, even if the game was opened!

http://igogaming.net/2012/03/19/fans...-full-refunds/
I was very tempted to try to get my money back, even though I bought retail.

Decided not to. Fact remains that I enjoyed the hell out of it until the last ten minutes. I suppose I'll just have to settle for not doing business with Bioware again.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 02:18 PM   #1127
Jeyl
Commodore

Bioware worked on Jessica Chobot's likeness for a character who is not even slightly essential to the game. They put more work into her character than they did for Tali. Bosh'tets.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 02:29 PM   #1128
superdeluxe
Captain

-Brett- wrote: View Post
superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Posted in the spoiler thread:

Amazon is allowing people who bought ME 3 from them to be able to send the game back for a full refund, even if the game was opened!

http://igogaming.net/2012/03/19/fans...-full-refunds/
I was very tempted to try to get my money back, even though I bought retail.

Decided not to. Fact remains that I enjoyed the hell out of it until the last ten minutes. I suppose I'll just have to settle for not doing business with Bioware again.

Yup, holding onto my copy for the *slight* hope that we get a endings DLC. I've stuck with Sheppard for 5 years, I can wait another year to see if we get some closure.

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 05:18 PM   #1129
bullethead
Fleet Captain

One of Bioware's co-founders speaks out about the ME3 end controversy.

Supposedly some new content that'll be announced in April will clarify things and give more closure.
Old March 21 2012, 05:41 PM   #1130
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

bullethead wrote: View Post
One of Bioware's co-founders speaks out about the ME3 end controversy.

Supposedly some new content that'll be announced in April will clarify things and give more closure.
From the comments I wouldn't expect much their busy clinging to critic reviews (which don't mean jack if the customer base doesn't give you money becuase they think it sucks) and are being defenseive about it.

Seriously is it that hard to consider that they screwed up.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 06:12 PM   #1131
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

They don't owe us anything. They made a great game that we bought, enjoyed the hell out of, and in some cases didn't like the ending.
Old March 21 2012, 06:16 PM   #1132
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

^ It's more than in some cases, and given how important Fan feedback has been in the development of the games for something as important as the conclusion of the trilogy, I think it's perfectly acceptable for people to sound their opinion.

It would be different if the endings weren't all variations on the same theme, but they are.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 02:06 AM   #1133
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Geoff Keighley's The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3 is now available for PC/Mac and Amazon Kindle (iPad version was the first to come out). I have yet to start reading the content about ME3 itself, but I am really enjoying reading about the early days of the universe, how big a gamble it was for BioWare at the time, and how the team came together to hash out story ideas.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 02:23 AM   #1134
ATimson
Rear Admiral

I've read the Final Hours story; unfortunately I thought the ME3 coverage was a bit shallow. It covered the what, but it didn't seem to go that deep into the why.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 06:37 AM   #1135
stonester1
Rear Admiral

I've just started a third run through the whole series, this time with a hardass, attitudinal FemShep...who I made to look like a certain similar female soldier I went through Afghanistan with.
Old March 22 2012, 11:32 AM   #1136
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Quick question

I hear that if you do the Galaxy at War on the PC it will raise the Galactic Readiness Level on the Xbox as well and vice versa. Does this work for the PS3 as well?
Old March 22 2012, 12:41 PM   #1137
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Quick question

I hear that if you do the Galaxy at War on the PC it will raise the Galactic Readiness Level on the Xbox as well and vice versa. Does this work for the PS3 as well?
I'm pretty sure it's linked to your origin or xbox account, so there's probably no crossover between the two.
Old March 22 2012, 12:54 PM   #1138
ATimson
Rear Admiral

backstept wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure it's linked to your origin or xbox account, so there's probably no crossover between the two.
It's linked to your Origin account, which is why there's crossover between PC and Xbox - even if you're on 360 EA makes you have one to play. It should cross over with PS3 as well.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 04:16 PM   #1139
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
backstept wrote: View Post
It's linked to your Origin account, which is why there's crossover between PC and Xbox - even if you're on 360 EA makes you have one to play. It should cross over with PS3 as well.
Well I hope so becuase then I can basically just use multiplayer on the PS3 which I do better on and reap the benefits on both the PC version which I can carry over stuff from both ME and ME 2 on and the PS3 version.
Old March 23 2012, 03:07 AM   #1140
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I just noticed something , On the PS3 version I loaded a save from ME 2 that had Mass Effect: Genesis to cover ME and apparently despite meeting her during Garrus' recruitment mission in Mass Effect aparently My Shepard has never met Dr. Michel before Mass Effect 3 weird.