Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 19 2012, 05:53 PM   #1501
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

davejames wrote: View Post
Plus, sometimes people just get angry and act in strange, irrational ways. Or lash out for no reason. Especially when it's the end of the freakin world. I hardly expect everyone to be charming and likeable in that situation, and find it strange that somehow fans expect that she SHOULD be.
However, in one episode she basically begs Rick to handle Shane and then gets pissed last night when he did.

Perhaps she didn't expect him to murder him but she essentially set the whole situation in motion by:

1. Telling Rick that Shane was becoming a huge problem and telling Rick to handle it

2. Giving Shane a false sense of hope about their relationship with that apology in the prior week's episode.

Was she being manipulative of both of them or just plain stupid?

In any case, for her to get angry at Rick for handling the problem with Shane and that he did try to kill him I think it's bizarre for her to react in the way she did.

Also for the writers to explain her behavior as, "Lori being angry at herself,' was just idiotic.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 06:00 PM   #1502
Roshi's bone
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roshi's bone

Lori's irrationality is largely due to her being pregnant.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Roshi's bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 06:00 PM   #1503
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Plus, sometimes people just get angry and act in strange, irrational ways. Or lash out for no reason. Especially when it's the end of the freakin world. I hardly expect everyone to be charming and likeable in that situation, and find it strange that somehow fans expect that she SHOULD be.
However, in one episode she basically begs Rick to handle Shane and then gets pissed last night when he did.

Perhaps she didn't expect him to murder him but she essentially set the whole situation in motion by:

1. Telling Rick that Shane was becoming a huge problem and telling Rick to handle it

2. Giving Shane a false sense of hope about their relationship with that apology in the prior week's episode.

Was she being manipulative of both of them or just plain stupid?

In any case, for her to get angry at Rick for handling the problem with Shane and that he did try to kill him I think it's bizarre for her to react in the way she did.

Also for the writers to explain her behavior as, "Lori being angry at herself,' was just idiotic.
Look at it this way. She may be used to nagging and manipulating to get her way-- yes, partly due to conflicting emotions-- but it never got anyone killed before. She should be angry at herself. That was a major wakeup call. Maybe now she'll realize what she's doing.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 06:04 PM   #1504
Tom
Rear Admiral

Green Shirt wrote: View Post
Disruptor wrote: View Post
8. Ted McGinley, to ruin the show.
Too soon for the shark??
Married, with.. Walkers! Even Peggy Bundy is better than Lori lol

Speaking of Lori, she has no right to get mad at Rick because Carl shot Shane, if she was a competent mother she would not have allowed Carl to sneak out again!
Old March 19 2012, 06:15 PM   #1505
davejames
Vice Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
It sounded to me like she was genuinely sorry for putting Shane through all the pain and anguish he was feeling. After initially wanting Rick to off Shane, it's possible she had a change of heart and was trying to diffuse the situation instead.

Of course obviously it didn't work, and only made Shane even more crazy.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 06:20 PM   #1506
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Plus, sometimes people just get angry and act in strange, irrational ways. Or lash out for no reason. Especially when it's the end of the freakin world. I hardly expect everyone to be charming and likeable in that situation, and find it strange that somehow fans expect that she should be.
I agree with this, admittedly as someone who thinks the character is written very badly. The problem for me is that in a world like this one, most people would be off their rockers by now - wildly inconsistent, irrational etc (with the fact that nobody will have their meds anymore being only a small part of it). Yet narrative - actual story - needs to be consistent and organized and coherent; it can only pretend to be chaotic or it loses the audience, who need the comfort of narrative organization.
Old March 19 2012, 06:54 PM   #1507
davejames
Vice Admiral

Derishton wrote: View Post
I agree with this, admittedly as someone who thinks the character is written very badly. The problem for me is that in a world like this one, most people would be off their rockers by now - wildly inconsistent, irrational etc (with the fact that nobody will have their meds anymore being only a small part of it). Yet narrative - actual story - needs to be consistent and organized and coherent; it can only pretend to be chaotic or it loses the audience, who need the comfort of narrative organization.
Agreed, but I don't really see that happening here. Even if Lori is acting a bit strange and conflicted, it's just one character. I don't really see her behavior affecting the story as a WHOLE in any way.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 07:01 PM   #1508
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Agreed, but I don't really see that happening here. Even if Lori is acting a bit strange and conflicted, it's just one character. I don't really see her behavior affecting the story as a WHOLE in any way.
My gripes are generally very small with this show. I guess because the acting and writing has been so incredibly strong thus far my expectations are very high on the writing and the people who act out the parts.

Lori's behavior IMO didn't fit the circumstances and their explanation of it was odd on the Talking Dead immediately after the show.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 07:05 PM   #1509
Derishton
Vice Admiral

I laughed at the moment where she finally pulls a gun and shoots a zombie in the head: one, because it meant she finally realised there was a freaking zombie attack occurring and that shouting for Carl might not be the best strategy; and two because the producers were so clearly, if lamely, trying to redeem her. "See? She's like a good shot and sometimes, rarely, actually tries to help. See?!?"
Old March 19 2012, 07:09 PM   #1510
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

"Look, there's Andrea! Quick, drive away so I don't have to admit she was right."
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 07:46 PM   #1511
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

timothy wrote: View Post
now this is where season 1 should've ended. and Michonne with the two zombies in chains is awesome. now the helicopter I believed is controlled by the govener so I hoping he will show up next season. now we are up to the prison being in season 3 which will be awesome and new characters to come.

now season 3 will be a whole lot darker than season 2. and for those who have not read the comic DO SO NOW.
No the helicopter is something else but it is connected to the governor.
Old March 19 2012, 07:51 PM   #1512
sojourner
Admiral

I know the prison storyline in the comics is great, but is anyone worried about a general backlash against it in regards to the show? I can see a lot of reviews to the effects of "great, they finally get off the farm and now they're going to sit in a prison all season".
Old March 19 2012, 07:58 PM   #1513
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

well hopefully we will have a full 25 ep for the next season.

and for the lori haters don't for get she has'nt told Rick that shane tried to rape her at the s.e.c back in atlanta. but she is over protective of carl big time.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 08:00 PM   #1514
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
I know the prison storyline in the comics is great, but is anyone worried about a general backlash against it in regards to the show? I can see a lot of reviews to the effects of "great, they finally get off the farm and now they're going to sit in a prison all season".
That's possible, but I think - even excluding my personal knowledge of the comics - that a prison setting presents more obvious storytelling opportunities than a farm. Securing parts of the prison, exploring, finding people who may have been left behind, and so on. I think most reviewers would look at the prison as a more "exciting" or "interesting" setting than the farm.

timothy wrote: View Post
well hopefully we will have a full 25 ep for the next season.
Won't happen. Ever. Stop posting about this wish for a "full" season in threads devoted to cable shows. 13 episodes is cable standard; anything more, such as the 16 total we'll be getting for this show next season, is a bonus.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 08:01 PM   #1515
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Someone needs to put a bell around that kid's neck. Or duct tape him to a chair.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote