IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 19 2012, 04:54 AM   #1456
the G-man
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Rick explained himself...poorly. He should've said he thought Jenner was mental. Also, that Shane was gonna shoot him.
Rick did say he thought Jenner was mental. Twice.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 04:59 AM   #1457
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Nice how they were able to put off choosing an actress for Michonne until next season.

It's nice that we can finally put to rest all of the conjecture about what Rick knew.
they revealed her on Talking Dead -- Rutina Wesley of True Blood
I always thought Christine Adams had Michonne written all over her.

As per someone else's request for the Michonne screencap:
http://i.imgur.com/E54oL.jpg
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 04:59 AM   #1458
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

HO.LY. SHIT.

My thoughts

1.) Lori is a bitch

2.)I can't believe Herschel survived but I'm awfully glad he did; I think Rick is going to need him as a mentor and a comfort

3.)Lori is a bitch

4.)Daryl is going to become Rick's best friend and right hand man; he realizes that Shane's story didn't add up. He's a savvy cookie

5.)Lori is a bitch

6.)Rick did explain himself poorly, but I feel for him because the guilt of having to kill Shane is eating him alive and his ungrateful family is turning on him. Rick's falling apart because he has a conscience, and it's not like he's forcing them to stay. Not one of them left, did they?

7.)Lori is a bitch

8.)Hopefully Daryl can swing Carol to his side

9.)Lori is a bitch

10.)They need to find a prison to protect themselves

Oh and LORI IS A BITCH!!!

Shane tried to RAPE YOU, you stupid fucking cow! You whined to your friend in the flashback that your husband didn't yell at you enough and now that he's asserting himself, you're pissed off. You are every woman that whines that there are no good men but you reject a man who loves you because he's "too nice" and "not exciting enough." I no longer care that people call her WHORI. God, she is a terrible person. Have an affair with Andrea, Rick. Hook up with Michonne. Hell, hook up with Daryl. Anyone is better than that cow, Lori.

Lori is a bitch.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:00 AM   #1459
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

StarTrek1701 wrote: View Post
Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Nice how they were able to put off choosing an actress for Michonne until next season.

It's nice that we can finally put to rest all of the conjecture about what Rick knew.
they revealed her on Talking Dead -- Rutina Wesley of True Blood
I always thought Christine Adams had Michonne written all over her.

As per someone else's request for the Michonne screencap:
http://i.imgur.com/E54oL.jpg

see here for the correct casting
http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/the-...michonne-role/
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:01 AM   #1460
Ryan
Commodore

It's nice to finally see kick-ass Andrea make an appearance. That's a woman who definitely wants to live (though please, Andrea, stop wasting all your ammo on the zombies behind you).

I'm kinda surprised how fast they turned Rick into an asshole. I guess without Shane to deflect that all onto it automatically reverts back to him.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:03 AM   #1461
the G-man
Commodore

Yes, Lori is a bitch. But her revulsion wasn't at Rick killing Shane. It was at the realization her 11 year old son is turning into a stone cold killer
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:05 AM   #1462
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Rick isn't an asshole. I know he's fucked up by not telling them, but he's got reason to lose it. It's a fantastic set up, though for season 3--Rick's tenuous hold on sanity. This is the man who wouldn't initially leave Shane behind on that bus. Is he good? Is he bad? How will he react to that ungrateful cow Lori turning on him. Will he become a dictator? I can't imagine him going completely Shane.

He's made mistakes, but Rick's earned some good will and I do think that Daryl will have his back. Fascinating, fascinating set up. Andrew Lincoln really impressed me tonight. You notice that Rick didn't totally lose it until Lori stopped believing in him.

But her revulsion wasn't at Rick killing Shane. It was at the realization her 11 year old son is turning into a stone cold killer
Perhaps, but are we sure? That look on her face when Rick admitting killing him--before he told her about Carl. She broke physical contact with him. That's telling. Ohhhhh, I just wanted to smack her. Carl becoming a stone cold killer isn't exactly Rick's fault. Was it better if he let Shane take a bite?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old March 19 2012, 05:05 AM   #1463
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Quite hot, I like her, but unfortunately, she isn't anything like Michonne. We'll see though I guess.
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:10 AM   #1464
Ryan
Commodore

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Rick isn't an asshole.
I'm pretty sure declaring yourself a despot makes you an asshole.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:21 AM   #1465
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Eh, there are mitigating circumstances. None of them are stepping up. Maybe it's because you can see the effect having to kill Shane had on him, as well as Lori's rejection. I'm not saying it's a good idea what he's doing, but if an actor is skilled enough (unlike poor Sarah Wayne Callies) you can find ways to empathize if not necessarily agree with the character.

Old March 19 2012, 05:28 AM   #1466
the_wildcard
Rear Admiral

Great finale. I am glad they all found each other back at the highway (minus Laurie).
the_wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:37 AM   #1467
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

now this is where season 1 should've ended. and Michonne with the two zombies in chains is awesome. now the helicopter I believed is controlled by the govener so I hoping he will show up next season. now we are up to the prison being in season 3 which will be awesome and new characters to come.

now season 3 will be a whole lot darker than season 2. and for those who have not read the comic DO SO NOW.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse

Last edited by timothy; March 19 2012 at 05:50 AM.
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 05:47 AM   #1468
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I never thought of that--the Governor maybe being responsible for the helicopter. All I know is that I'm pumped for season 3. It's been set up so deliciously. I've got to get back into Mad Men mode now. How am I going to rachet down? I love both shows, but they're sooooo different.

I could transfer my Lori hate back to Don Draper. Still, I could handle Lori's behavior if the narrative would simply cut the bull shit and acknowledge that she's a bad person. That Lady MacBeth routine she pulled whispering into Rick's ear about Shane thinking he couldn't protect them and now she gets high and mighty because Carl had to shoot him? How about watching your son once in a while, woman? Apparently Kirkman was asked about what Lori did, and his response was, "She's mad at herself." Just admit she's worthless and embrace it for her character, Kirkman. I'm team Andrea from now on.

I would expect the rest of the group to be thrown off by Rick's admission of what Jenner whispered and angry for awhile, but....he was hoping it wasn't true and he didn't have proof. It doesn't excuse Rick but makes it a little more understandable. Still, Lori should have stood up for him. She won't, though.

Old March 19 2012, 06:28 AM   #1469
sojourner
Admiral

I hate to say it, but if I had been part of the group and just heard Rick's tirade at the end of the episode, I would have slipped off quietly in the night. He came off as worse than Shane.
Old March 19 2012, 06:40 AM   #1470
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Yeah, but who's gonna do that without a car? Daryl's the only one with wilderness survival skills, but he knows that Rick was telling the truth because he figured out that Shane was lying about Randall from the tracks. Woods are full of walkers. No one wants to face that. Plus, as Andrea said, Shane's "presentation" was off. The group perceived him as more dangerous. Hasn't Rick earned a little good will once they've had a good night's sleep and maybe the shock wears off? Just playing devil's advocate. I love the dynamic the show has set up for next season.

I have a hard time believing that the writers won't temper Rick just a little bit. The television audience isn't the comics audience. A long term protagonist can't be pushed competely past the point of no return and keep a huge portion of audience. I could be completely wrong, but does anyone else agree? I'm curious. If Rick's pushed past the point of no return morally, then they've written themselves into a real corner.