Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 15 2012, 12:09 PM   #1081
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

ATimson wrote: View Post
With spoilers, I guess - as in, "here's all the choices & the numbers for each". I hit 3800-something, and the one or two detracting choices in ME3 that I'm aware of wouldn't have hit 4000 for me...
Your best bet then is to check out the wiki as I'm sure there will be a page dedicated to the war assets. Otherwise, it's probably better to discuss the details over on the endings spoiler thread.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
So, what if you didn't import your save from ME1 and ME2? 'Cause my 360 died on me after I played those two, so I'm on a new system. I feel like I'm being punished for things that aren't my fault here
Unlike ME2, if you start a new game in ME3 Bioware have pre-crafted the a background story for with the plot flags. I don't know if changes depending on which combination background/service history you pick (though that would be cool), or if it's the same regardless. Either way, I'm sure they've left players with a fair chance at still getting 4000 points.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 01:36 PM   #1082
Mr Light
Admiral

I think the only thing I really picked was my background (war hero / sole survivor / by any means necessary), I picked war hero, and who you sacrificed (Ashley / Kaiden / Various), I picked Kaiden.

So far, apparently I've gotten random characters instead of

Last edited by Mr Light; March 15 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 01:39 PM   #1083
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Mate, you might want to put that in spoiler tags.
Old March 15 2012, 02:08 PM   #1084
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
Unlike ME2, if you start a new game in ME3 Bioware have pre-crafted the a background story for with the plot flags.
That's how it worked in ME2 as well, if you don't download the "Mass Effect: Genesis" DLC comic for making the choices.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 02:34 PM   #1085
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Yes and no. Starting a new game sans 'Genesis' gives you a state where all the plot flags are basically set to null. So Wrex dies on Virmire, the council isn't saved, Shi'ala isn't spared, none of the sidequests are done etc. etc... I think the only exception is with the VS and who that is is determined by which gender you choose for Shepard. The result was fairly unbalanced towards the renegade end of things.

In ME3 they actually went through all the plot flags and hand picked all the different options to give a more balanced and deeper backstory for new players. That's why some ME2 squadmates are still alive while others aren't.
Old March 15 2012, 03:57 PM   #1086
clint g
Admiral

So, what if you didn't import your save from ME1 and ME2? 'Cause my 360 died on me after I played those two, so I'm on a new system. I feel like I'm being punished for things that aren't my fault here
I don't know exactly what your game is going to look like, but I do know that an imported game states exactly what you missed and didn't miss and modifies your military strength accordingly. For example, since I didn't play the arrival dlc for ME2 my military strength was lower than someone who did. Furthermore, since I fully upgraded my ship in ME2 I gained some additional points in ME3. My character also started out at a higher level as a result.

Last edited by clint g; March 15 2012 at 06:11 PM.
clint g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 05:54 PM   #1087
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

I noticed this too.. i played ME1 on a friends' 360 and ME2 on my PC and only now have my own 360 so i don't have any saves to import (and definitely don't have the time to replay 1 and 2 prior to the game).

It seems that apart from the choice who to leave behind in ME1, Alenko or Williams, the game made its' own choices what happened in previous games or i didn't notice the changes through my actions. For example a buddy of mine met Jack on a side mission and i never did whereas i had a side mission where i met Jacob and he didn't.

Edit:

Just tried a MP match at gold level and my god that was hard.. way too hard for my taste but the rewards are big. Lasted to wave 8 and it's incredible what get's thrown at you at this level. And Cerberus Phantoms are most likely the hardest enemy to fight.. extremely agile and very hard hitting (every character goes down after 2-3 strikes at most).

Last edited by FPAlpha; March 15 2012 at 07:45 PM.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 08:41 PM   #1088
BigFoot
Admiral

Emergency induction port
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 03:18 AM   #1089
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

The multiplayer portion of this game was originally being developed by BioWare Montreal as a separate multiplayer FPS, titled Mass Effect Team Assault during its four-month development period before retooled into the ME3 multiplayer.

BigFoot wrote: View Post
Emergency induction port
Oh, I had forgotten that bit! Thanks for reminding me. Drunk Tali is hilarious.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 07:04 AM   #1090
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Yeah that whole scene was hilarious.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 12:30 AM   #1091
Mr Light
Admiral

Spoilers for the ending of Priority Tuchanka:

Old March 17 2012, 12:58 AM   #1092
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 01:46 AM   #1093
Mr Light
Admiral

^

Ugh. I really hate the way I'm being penalized for not having my old hard drive. They seriously should have had an option for people who played the game but on a different hard drive, to input the choices they made back in the day.

I mean seriously, with all the RRODs out there, how many people are going to have their original 360 from 2007????

Old March 17 2012, 01:59 AM   #1094
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

^

Ugh. I really hate the way I'm being penalized for not having my old hard drive. They seriously should have had an option for people who played the game but on a different hard drive, to input the choices they made back in the day.

I mean seriously, with all the RRODs out there, how many people are going to have their original 360 from 2007????
That's something i talked about with a friend of mine who finished his game too today but who got previous saves (at least ME2, his first Box RRO'ed). We agreed that there should have been an option for people who only played ME3 to have personal choices done at the start of the game.. maybe with a special Spoiler mention to people who want to play 1 and 2 after they have finished ME3.

Have short cutscenes explain key plot points from the first games and then make a choice what you want to happen and incorporate these choices in ME3.

However it is as it is.. i just don't have the time as a man with a job and other interests to replay 3 extensive games just to see some different cutscenes in a game.. for that there's Youtube
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 02:06 AM   #1095
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I don't, but I just transferred the saves from ME2 with a USB stick.