To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 14 2012, 02:48 PM   #1351
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Loved that episode. It almost feels like a different show compared to the first half of the season. So much seems to have happened!

I thought this was the best-looking episode as well. I liked the shot of Rick and Carl sat on top of the barn, but the field scene was just gorgeous. The silhouettes under the moonlight was so beautiful.

Hopefully Daryl will get promoted to second in command now, he's my favourite character and reminds me of Sayeed from Lost.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 03:32 PM   #1352
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Rick was so distraught about killing Shane that he forgot Shane would re-animate?
You ever had to put a knife in your life long best friend's stomach and then had your son show up out of the blue to witness it? Yes, it's conceivable he would get distracted enough to forget for a few moments.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 04:00 PM   #1353
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Servo wrote: View Post
Rick was so distraught about killing Shane that he forgot Shane would re-animate?
And his son was holding a gun to his head. Or do you have a better explanation?

On your other points, totally agree.
Old March 14 2012, 04:05 PM   #1354
SG-17
Commodore

He turned his back to Shane first, I think.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 06:01 PM   #1355
Servo
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Servo wrote: View Post
And his son was holding a gun to his head. Or do you have a better explanation?
Aye, I do have a better explanation; "everyone is infected, and you'll all reanimate no matter how you die" wasn't what the CDC guy told Rick. That's why Rick turned his back on Shane, because he wasn't expecting him to come back. Nothing to do with being distraught or Carl being there. He simply didn't know it was going to happen.
Old March 14 2012, 06:27 PM   #1356
zephramc
Commodore

^ That's certainly possible. I wish the writers would have shed some light on what the CDC guy really did say to Rick.

In the bar fight a few episodes back, did Rick shoot both of the bad guys in the head or elsewhere? I need to go back and re-watch that episode. If he shot them in the chest and called it a day, there's a good chance that Rick doesn't know that everyone's infected.
zephramc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 06:46 PM   #1357
Tom
Rear Admiral

He shot the one at the bar in the head outright, and then shot fat guy in the chest but them deliberatly walked up to him and shot him in the head, that would indicate that he knows the fat guy could have come back a zombie
Old March 14 2012, 06:47 PM   #1358
SG-17
Commodore

zephramc wrote: View Post
^ That's certainly possible. I wish the writers would have shed some light on what the CDC guy really did say to Rick.

In the bar fight a few episodes back, did Rick shoot both of the bad guys in the head or elsewhere? I need to go back and re-watch that episode. If he shot them in the chest and called it a day, there's a good chance that Rick doesn't know that everyone's infected.
He shot the skinny guy in the head and the fat man twice in the chest and once in the head.

Of course though that is just how police are trained to shoot assailants.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 06:54 PM   #1359
zephramc
Commodore

Tom wrote: View Post
He shot the one at the bar in the head outright, and then shot fat guy in the chest but them deliberatly walked up to him and shot him in the head, that would indicate that he knows the fat guy could have come back a zombie
SG-17 wrote: View Post
zephramc wrote: View Post

He shot the skinny guy in the head and the fat man twice in the chest and once in the head.

Of course though that is just how police are trained to shoot assailants.
Thanks for clearing that up.
zephramc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 06:55 PM   #1360
Servo
Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure Rick shot the fat guy in the head to put him out of his misery. I'd have to watch the scene again to be 100%, but I'm quite sure he was moaning or gargling on the floor, and Rick walked over and finished him off with a headshot.
Old March 14 2012, 07:17 PM   #1361
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
Last night's score was very reminiscent of BSG's score. I enjoyed it greatly.
I thought the same thing. That orchestra with lots of percussion is signature.
Of course they sound similar, Bear McCreary composed both shows.

Check his site to learn more, he already has his behind the scenes video out for the past episode, would love to get the WD soundtrack when ever he releases it.

http://www.bearmccreary.com/#blog/
Um, duh! I'm pretty sure WeAreTheBorg knew it too.

btw, I've rewatched the episode and I've noticed Carl was wearing the same T-shirt as in the comics when he shot Shane.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 07:29 PM   #1362
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post

btw, I've rewatched the episode and I've noticed Carl was wearing the same T-shirt as in the comics when he shot Shane.
Wow, someone in wardrobe or even the director has a flair for an attention to details.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 07:37 PM   #1363
pork3
Commander

Silent_Bob wrote: View Post
pork3 wrote: View Post
But what if it's a higher power at play here?
Could the Walking Dead actually be angels trying to deliver a message from God?
Has all of this happened before and will it happen again?

-Jamman
Unless God's message is "Grr...arg", Zombies really aren't the best way to deliver it. Nothing so far in the series has indicated the supernatural exists, beyond the zombies, so ascribing it to a deity doesn't seem that logical.
Admittedly, I was being facetious, but what if zombies are basically God's way of raising the middle finger to mankind and telling them it's time for some house cleaning.

-Jamman
pork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 07:53 PM   #1364
Ryan8bit
Commodore

At the same time, he's tried to have hope for things like the winter putting a stop to the existing zombies. It doesn't really matter if winter kills the zombies if come spring new ones will just be created, especially in your own group. Who knows, at some point Hershel could die in his sleep, and with everybody in the house now he could pretty much take the whole place down. Or if Beth actually did go through with slitting her wrists completely, she could have taken out everyone in the house at the time.

If the CDC guy really told Rick this, he's a dick for not telling the others. Sure, he might be trying to protect them from hopelessness, but they're going to find out eventually, possibly with worse consequences.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 08:17 PM   #1365
Disruptor
Commodore

pork3 wrote: View Post
Admittedly, I was being facetious, but what if zombies are basically God's way of raising the middle finger to mankind and telling them it's time for some house cleaning.

-Jamman
A lethal airborne virus/bacteria/fungus would accomplish the same thing, no zombies...everyone just dies.

And if god wanted the worthy survive...well, the bigger jerks and predators would survive...not the meek.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote