Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 12 2012, 09:18 AM   #556
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

^^ It looks like it was supposed to continue, but there hasn't been a new episode in months. I don't know if they ceased production or it's just another one of those long cable hiatuses. I've never seen any news about it.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Anyway, it looks like low-rent Game of Thrones. Not really interested.
I'm only minimally interested, but the quality looks pretty good.
Old March 12 2012, 09:40 PM   #557
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Have you watched GoT?
Not yet, waiting for Netflix.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 08:49 PM   #558
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Alexa Davalos cast as female lead in LA Noir. (Great looks for the role, kind of a cross between Joan Crawford and Ava Gardner).

The Dark Tower
project may still be alive, at least for the movie part of it. There's some talk of HBO...

Warner Bros is now very close to a deal that will give Ron Howard the chance to direct at least the first feature, potentially with Javier Bardem starring as gunslinger Roland Deschain.
Cute blond guy cast in The Selection's love triangle.

So, we have Team Maxerica vs Team Asperica?

EDIT: Alaric cast as Alaric Pt 2 on CW's Cult.

This one should be fun, because the cult leader will be played by Robert Knepper, who has chemistry with anything onscreen, including furniture.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; March 14 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old March 14 2012, 02:55 AM   #559
JD
Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Have you watched GoT?
Not yet, waiting for Netflix.
If you mean streaming, at this rate it's pretty much not going happen. HBO refuses to give them stream rights for any of it's stuff. As far as I know, they've been one of the companies fighting it the hardest. The discs are available though, I already got Disc 1 before I decided to buy it. It's seriously amazing stuff, but then again AGOT is one of my favorite books, so I was pretty much guaranteed that I'd love the show.
Old March 14 2012, 03:17 AM   #560
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

If you mean streaming, at this rate it's pretty much not going happen.
No, I'm sticking with DVDs because I've been skeptical about how long it's going to take the industry to come up with a sensible, coherent, comprehensive and fairly priced streaming system.

HBO not allowing Netflix streaming rights is the kind of thing that will cause the transition to streaming to stagnate. When this situation starts to change, there will be plenty of advance warning, but I think we're in for a period of confusion and chaos for the foreseeable future. Cooperation among all the parties like Netflix, HBO, etc could change this but I am definitely not holding my breath waiting for them to stop fighting, being greedy and trying to trip each other up.
Old March 14 2012, 04:01 AM   #561
stonester1
Rear Admiral

I'm always going to want a locally based, physical library, both of my own and the public kind. And people are tactilly oriented and like to touch. So I don't see traditional mediums just going away.
Old March 14 2012, 08:52 AM   #562
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

‘Vampire Diaries’ Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot ‘Cult’

Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life.
Old March 14 2012, 04:38 PM   #563
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
‘Vampire Diaries’ Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot ‘Cult’

Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life.
So, Alaric may end up dying for keeps then before the end of the season? Too bad, I really like Alaric

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 07:00 PM   #564
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

More "Revolution" casting

Rescue Me alumna Andrea Roth and JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2) have been cast in NBC’s JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke drama pilot Revolution, directed by Jon Favreau.
Old March 14 2012, 09:45 PM   #565
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

stonester1 wrote: View Post
I'm always going to want a locally based, physical library, both of my own and the public kind. And people are tactilly oriented and like to touch. So I don't see traditional mediums just going away.
That's a good point. I don't think personal DVD libraries, with nicely designed covers that you can put on a shelf, will ever vanish.

And you can't really give gifts that are nothing but virtual goods. Well, you can, but it's not really the same as getting something wrapped up with a bow, is it?

I don't like collecting stuff, so I'd be fine to jump to streaming, but I insist they do it my way, and that's not something I see emerging soon, maybe not at all. Till then, I'll stubbornly stick with the status quo as the next best thing.

So, Alaric may end up dying for keeps then before the end of the season? Too bad, I really like Alaric
Well, the showrunners claim that Alaric will be back as a guest star next season, but this song and dance seems awfully familiar. Wasn't there another recent case just like this one that didn't turn out so well for the character whose actor was jumping ship to a new show, despite official assurances to the contrary...?

I like Matt Davis a lot but I've pretty much given up on TVD (they keep going over the same stuff, two seasons of that is enough for me), so I'm happy to see him get his own series.
Old March 14 2012, 09:59 PM   #566
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Well, the showrunners claim that Alaric will be back as a guest star next season, but this song and dance seems awfully familiar. Wasn't there another recent case just like this one that didn't turn out so well for the character whose actor was jumping ship to a new show, despite official assurances to the contrary...?
Heh, yea, in that case, with the short seasons, it seemed totally believable the actor could do both series, so, I was surprised by the death

I like Matt Davis a lot but I've pretty much given up on TVD (they keep going over the same stuff, two seasons of that is enough for me), so I'm happy to see him get his own series.
Yea, I'm still hanging in, but, my interest has been waning a bit this season too

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2012, 10:56 PM   #567
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

It's possible the actor could be back for flashbacks, so in that sense, maybe the producers were telling the truth?
Old March 14 2012, 11:24 PM   #568
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Simon Pegg may join LA Noir as guest star.

(I know it's not sf/f, but I like the concept and there are plenty of genre connections.)

Pegg would be great as some weasley little character in the Peter Lorre or Elisha Cook Jr. mold, who rats on the mob and gets whacked in the premiere. It would be unimaginative of them to cast him as comic relief.
Old March 14 2012, 11:53 PM   #569
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

According to this if the CW picks up Cult to series it will most likely only have about 13 episodes per season:
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...or-alaric.html
Old March 15 2012, 06:58 AM   #570
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Scott Wolf joins Joey Dakota, Zak Orth joins the Revolution

Scott Wolf will play the mysterious Franklin, who seems to know a lot about Maya’s situation, may have been dabbling with time travel himself, and could be the key to Maya’s returning to the past and the man she loves.
Zak Orth will play Aaron, a brilliant scientist left in in a world where physics no longer follows the same rules.