Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 13 2012, 07:58 AM   #1291
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Zombies should remain an environmental threat, but to focus on zombie-centric storys rather than the human drama makes no sense whatsoever. The zombies are there to challenge the characters and occasionally force their hand to change up the dynamic. Nothing more.
Yes, but every now and then a good Zombiefest is a good time. Like in Battlestar Galactica, having an all out space-battle extravaganza now and then.
Old March 13 2012, 08:14 AM   #1292
Dream
Admiral

Amazing episode.

I loved how Rick took down Shane. The entire scene was perfected shot, written and acted by the two actors. You could see how conflicted Shane was during the whole thing. It was brilliant how Rick was trying to talk Shane down, but in the end it was simply a distraction so he could stab a knife through the other man's heart. Rick's break down after killing Shane was really well acted by Andrew Lincoln. It was all over for Shane the moment he pointed the gun in Rick's face. You don't mess with Rick when he is protecting his family and himself.

Rick being the one to kill Shane never happened in the books, but this was a good change. The show has built up the whole Rick and Shane rivalry too much this season and it would have been a copout to have Shane die any other way. Carl also got to be badass shooting walker Shane. That was perhaps some redemption after being responsible for happened to Dale in the previous episode.

Great cliffhanger at the end. Next week's season finale looks like it is going to be epic!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 08:44 AM   #1293
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Last night's score was very reminiscent of BSG's score. I enjoyed it greatly.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 10:31 AM   #1294
Caliburn24
Commodore

Yeah, they let Bear finally slip some music into an episode, and it was very nice. Hopefully they let him continue to do that.

So, we have 13 characters on the farm now going into the season finale. Without any knowledge of spoilers, I am going to guess that at least three characters die next episode. Anyone else want to take a stab at guessing? Am I over/under? Is no one going to buy the farm(ha!) in the finale?

Rick (safe)
Carl (safe)
Lori (safe for now I think)
Andrea (possible)
Daryl (possible)
Glen (safe)
T-Dog (likely)
Carol(likely)
Hershel(likely)
Maggie (safe)
Beth (likely)
Patricia (likely)
Jimmy (likely)

I think it is entirely possible that only a half dozen survive next week.
Caliburn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 01:04 PM   #1295
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

I LMAO'd when T-Dog said: "Yo Randy, Governor called. You're off the hook!"

Nice name-dropping!

Old March 13 2012, 03:28 PM   #1296
Dream
Admiral

Looks like everyone's favorite redneck will finally be appearing in The Walking Dead comics!

http://www.skybound.com/skybound/201...g-to-fear.html
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 03:48 PM   #1297
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

I enjoyed it. Shane and Rick scene was great, and the twist (of the knife) was shocking and surprising.

Regarding the complaints of the Zombie herd coming out of nowhere, I don't understand this complaint. Herschel mentioned the danger of the drying up swamp, Shane and Karl both fired off a shot, and there was alot of noise in the woods from the search for Randall and the showdown between Shane and Rick. It's not surprising at all to me, that this all drew a horde of Zombies in on them.

Heh, Temis, they've been reading your posts, they actually mentioned "Ringing the Dinner Bell" in this episode.

Regarding surviving the Season Finale:

1. T-Dogg, seems to still be pretty expendable, they don't seem to know what to do with him, he may not survive.
2. Herschel - Since Dale was lost last week, I think there's a hole in the cast, that Herschel can easily fill, so, I'm leaning towards Herschel surviving
3. Herschel's Family - They're all pretty expendable except for Maggie at this point. Glen and Maggie haven't had an opportunity to get close enough, for the show to get a major dramatic payoff if Maggie gets killed right now, IMHO, so, I think Maggie is safe for now, if/when she is killed, there will be a major drama for Glen. I don't really see any reason for the rest of Herschel's family to survive.
4. Rick, Lori, Darryl, Andrea, Carol, Glen - I think they're all safe for now. Karl on the other hand will start visibly aging quickly during the gaps between seasons, I think he's safe for now, but, I wouldn't be surprised if S3 is his last season, by the start of S4, he will be very visibly older than he was in S1, and I believe that was only a month or so ago (It doesn't seem likely we'll see a time jump and also doesn't seem likely they'll ignore how quickly the actor is aging, compared to how much time has passed for the character)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; March 13 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 03:51 PM   #1298
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I think Daryl is safe. I also think that Rick, Glenn and Carl are safe. Anyone else is probably up for grabs.
Old March 13 2012, 04:28 PM   #1299
SG-17
Commodore

Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
Yeah, they let Bear finally slip some music into an episode, and it was very nice. Hopefully they let him continue to do that.

So, we have 13 characters on the farm now going into the season finale. Without any knowledge of spoilers, I am going to guess that at least three characters die next episode. Anyone else want to take a stab at guessing? Am I over/under? Is no one going to buy the farm(ha!) in the finale?

Rick (safe)
Carl (safe)
Lori (safe for now I think)
Andrea (possible)
Daryl (possible)
Glen (safe)
T-Dog (likely)
Carol(likely)
Hershel(likely)
Maggie (safe)
Beth (likely)
Patricia (likely)
Jimmy (likely)

I think it is entirely possible that only a half dozen survive next week.
Assuming they are going where I think they are going Andrea, Daryl, Herhsel, and T-Dog should be safe. I expect most of Hershel's family except for Maggie to die. In fact I bet that Beth will be the first to go during the siege.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 05:06 PM   #1300
Ryan8bit
Commodore

I don't get why a 'sudden' army of walkers seems so improbable to people here. Earlier in the season along the highway, all of a sudden a big horde of them passed through. I'd imagine this is a similar situation, where for some reason the zombies aggregate and take on a direction.

At least in this situation they were likely attracted by the loud noises that have been occurring over time, and the gunshot that killed Shane was their final lure.

Aside from that, I'm not even sure there needs to be a strong reason.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 05:19 PM   #1301
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

My only objection was how they were able to approach the house so easily, but I didn't take the drying swamp into account. Otherwise, I'm fine with it.

MPH said earlier that there's a credible explanation for their appearance. Probably what we'll see in the last ep is a quick flash of various events over the last month, such as gunshots going off, and in each case, we see a few walkers turn and start shuffling toward the noise. And that pyre. Anyone notice they made a big point of showing the column of pyre smoke rising into the sky?

This is where a whole bunch of little things come together ... resulting in a whole bunch of walkers coming together.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 05:30 PM   #1302
scnj
Captain

I'm going to take a bet that they'll kill off the Greene family except for Hershel and Maggie. Apart from that one Beth episode, they haven't really had anything to do.

Incidentally, I'd be okay with Hershel sticking around in the Dale slot. The actor who plays him is great.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 05:34 PM   #1303
sojourner
Admiral

So, one gunshot starts the herd on the way. Seems like the smart thing to do would be to blackout the house and have someone lure the herd away with more gunshots and maybe use one of the vehicles. But no, we all know they're gonna be stupid and let the herd come right up to the house and trap them.
Old March 13 2012, 05:44 PM   #1304
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

This morning a friend of mine texted me this:
"yay! Shane of the Dead!"

Old March 13 2012, 05:46 PM   #1305
Disruptor
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
So, one gunshot starts the herd on the way. Seems like the smart thing to do would be to blackout the house and have someone lure the herd away with more gunshots and maybe use one of the vehicles. But no, we all know they're gonna be stupid and let the herd come right up to the house and trap them.
They need is an ice cream truck, playing the muzak...that would work.

That would an awesome way to end next week. Merle shows up in an ice cream truck and pied pipers away the zombies. Why Merle? Why not?
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote