New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 12 2012, 06:50 AM   #1246
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Sindatur wrote: View Post
It's great for those who can appreciate it, but, someone, for example who loves the show (but has to watch it late at night), and wants the DVD set, but, has young children they wouldn't want to expose to that Box, it might make them decide not to get the DVDs, if there isn't a "typical" packaging available.
Yeah, I wouldn't get it for that reason. That packaging looks like is was designed specifically for dorm rooms.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 07:10 AM   #1247
scnj
Captain

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
But maybe the most interesting thing from this episode for me at least was the weird flashes we saw from Shane as he died and turned into a zombie. Looks like zombies have some kind of minimal collective borg-like consciousness almost. That's probably why they're all suddenly descending on the barn.
I believe in the comic, the explanation for a herd is that they are directionless until something gets their attention, then they'll head towards that sound or smell until something new catches their attention.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 07:42 AM   #1248
Borgminister

Ooo--Shiny Red Ball!

What a shocker. The season finale ought to be very interesting.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 08:07 AM   #1249
pork3
Commander

I have to ask, is anyone else sexually aroused by the walkers? There's something about them that gives me a fear boner.

-Jamman
pork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 08:25 AM   #1250
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

I must say it's a great credit to the show that I wasn't sure at the end there if Shane or Rick were going to die, or neither, or both.

I'm glad Shane is gone. I thought they were starting to rehabilitate him but clearly not, and I couldn't take any more of his insanity.

I do wish there was more acknowledgement that they were friends and partners in that last scene, instead of just one man killing another man.
Old March 12 2012, 12:04 PM   #1251
the G-man
Commodore

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Holy shit, Rick is so fucked in the head now and so is Carl. I cannot wait to see what effect his has on Rick next season. This was the last episode for season 2, no?
One more next week
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 01:23 PM   #1252
Disruptor
Commodore

But maybe the most interesting thing from this episode for me at least was the weird flashes we saw from Shane as he died and turned into a zombie. Looks like zombies have some kind of minimal collective borg-like consciousness almost. That's probably why they're all suddenly descending on the barn.
That was strange. If it were just gunshots, why didn't the first one get their attention ? Maybe it did, but they seemed to be aimless before the second shot at undead Shane. Also, Shane "came back" as a walker fast...much shorter time than it took Andrea's sister.

We see again at the beginning, the walkers will stop eating to attack humans. It seems to go beyond hunger and into attacking whatever is alive.

Did Shane get infected from bashing himself against the tree? ARE TREES THE BLAME. Is this The Happening 2?

It seems like they could still deal with that herd...unless its bigger next week. Just gotta knock some of the walker down, then finish them. They really need some sort of zombie crushing machine.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 01:24 PM   #1253
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Is tonight's episode confirmation of what Rick WASN'T TOLD as the final words in the CDC bunker by the scientist guy? If he was told everyone is already infected and when they die they come back as a zombie shouldn't he have known Shane was going to come back to life?
I think he was distracted by Carl, and didn't want Carl to see his surrogate father's body; he was too emotional to think fast enough in the moment.
Old March 12 2012, 02:00 PM   #1254
McDuff
Lieutenant Commander

They should call the series: The Watching Dead. This series is as redundant and boring as they come. A soap opera with Zombies. Hard not to be put into comatose state when you watch that boring series.

Lame-o.
McDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 02:02 PM   #1255
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
I must say it's a great credit to the show that I wasn't sure at the end there if Shane or Rick were going to die, or neither, or both.

I'm glad Shane is gone. I thought they were starting to rehabilitate him but clearly not, and I couldn't take any more of his insanity.

I do wish there was more acknowledgement that they were friends and partners in that last scene, instead of just one man killing another man.
I thought it was a great episode too. I mean wow. Lots of developments. With regard to Shane, I think Lori's little, "thank you," speech pushed him over the edge and gave him a false sense of hope about a relationship with her. She really has been the focal point in terms of creating trouble in the group.

Did they mean to imply the zombie virus is airborne now? If not they sure did send that message.

Question: does everyone who dies become a zombie in this new world, because Shane turned into one without being bit?

How did Randall become infected?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 02:21 PM   #1256
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I took it that everyone is infected and when you die you come back as a zombie. It explains why the guards were zombies but did not have bites. Randall re-animated after Shane broke his neck. Shane came back once Rick killed him.

I am glad that Dale's death finally drove those people to move into the house. The house provides protection and pulls them all together in a somewhat definsible location.

At least in this ep they used the buddy system and did not go off into the woods alone. I was beginning to think they were the dumbest bunch on God's planet.

Saw this on another board and it made me giggle.

[SIZE=4]I've got an hour till I have to kick some zombie ass![/SIZE]

Last edited by Kosh Naranek; March 12 2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: add photo
Kosh Naranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 03:53 PM   #1257
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I think shane was goading rick into killing him. His whole basis of continuing on with Lori was that she wouldn't admit she had feelings for him. Then she did and it didn't matter, she was still going to be with rick. That and he realized he wasn't going to get away with killing randall.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 04:04 PM   #1258
Agent Richard07
Admiral

- First Dale and now Shane. No one is safe, except Rick. Two of the big characters are gone. I wonder how that'll affect the show.

- I wish we got to see more of Shane as a zombie.

- I was wondering why Dale wasn't a walker, but remembered that he was shot in the head.

- Funny how Carl was able to follow the gang through the woods at night and not get caught.

- Having zombies sneak up on people without being heard isn't totally believable.

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I think shane was goading rick into killing him.
That's what Lauren Cohan suggested on Talking Dead.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 04:12 PM   #1259
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

Randall's final dialogue with Shane seems to indicate that Randall was a willing participant in his "wild bunch" harsh activities. Randall was a threat.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 04:16 PM   #1260
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I don't get where that whole army of walkers came from. My understanding of the farm was that it's completely encircled by a fence, far enough from the house and other places that walkers wouldn't be attracted by sight or sound. (This was the fence we actually saw them checking this very episode.) Yes, gunshots and the like would be enough to attract them, but the group doesn't fire guns that often. If a walker happened to come upon the fence, or was attracted by gunfire, he'd shamble around it for a while and eventually leave. The watcher on the RV was just in case one of them happened to get through the fence.

Now we see there's a whole army of walkers ready to converge on the place?? Yes, they were attracted by the shots, but they were already right there and practically within sight of the house! Is the place not as secure as I thought?

And Shane sure reanimated fast compared to Amy.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote