Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 5 2012, 08:32 AM   #1831
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Brandonv wrote: View Post
I just started playing Alan Wake for the PC. Currently at the second chapter. The gameplay is just average, but otherwise I am really enjoying it. The story has done a good job of pulling me in to the game. The graphics are quite good too, with the only problem being the face animations - the lips don't sync with the dialogue very well.
That sucks. Must be a PC issue. I remember them syncing fine on the Xbox. I really enjoyed that game. Glad to see it getting some more interest lately

Currently playing:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance- PSP - Trying to beat it on hard. Kind of a nice dumb evolution of the beat em up

Technically playing but probably wont finish due to boredom:

LA Noire -xbox 360 - This game really lost steam after I stopped solving murders. Also did the conversation trees become more non sensical?

Half Life - PC - Yeah the original. I guess some things get better with sequels.....
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 04:36 AM   #1832
Lowdarzz
Captain

I pulled out my copies of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Star Trek: Shattered Universe for the Xbox.
Lowdarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 05:02 AM   #1833
Smellincoffee
Commodore

View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile

Right now I'm in one of my moods for Civilization III. Last week I played a game as the English and, thanks to early wars, had an abundance of luxuries to sell. I also found out where Captain Picard is from:

Eventually the Vikings (lavender) and Indians (purple) declared war on another, and it turned into a global conflict -- with the notable exception of the English, who continued selling luxuries. I even took advantage of a razed city to obtain my own source of ivory. The French stayed out for a while. They turned out to be my late-game rivals (I'd expected India to prevail), but their only allies were the Spanish so I won diplo thanks to my frequent trading. The Germans were irritated about my having reduced them to a single city-state, though.
DS9 CapCon #98: Hell to the Chief!
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 07:45 AM   #1834
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Is Civ 3 the best version of the game?
Old March 6 2012, 10:32 AM   #1835
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander

stonester1 wrote: View Post
Is Civ 3 the best version of the game?
Debatable. Do you mean the newest?

Really I feel like Civ always takes two steps forward and one backward. Some times I still like to bust out Civ II cuz it just has a light hearted "fun" aspect to it I cant explain. I am digging Civ 5 but sometimes I misss the stack o' doom.
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 11:52 AM   #1836
stonester1
Rear Admiral

No, I know it isn't the newest. There's been at least two iterations after. I'm looking to pick up one. Just one. And am looking for the "best". Opinions, please.

Based on what reviews I've read so far, Civ3 seems to have the most love directed at it.

I do know that further iterations of some games result in diminishing returns. One of my all time favs, for example, is Heroes of Might and Magic. The first game was great. The second is a classic. But after that, only 3 is worth following at all.

Jagged Alliance, great. The new version? Teh suk.
Old March 6 2012, 02:42 PM   #1837
Smellincoffee
Commodore

View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile

The community at Civilization Fanatics seems to prefer Civilization IV over Civ3 and Civ5. I for one would LIKE to like it, but despite all the interesting elements I just can't get into it. I haven't tried Civ5 five yet, but its relative simplicity (compared to Civ4) is appealing.
DS9 CapCon #98: Hell to the Chief!
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 05:07 PM   #1838
clint g
Admiral

MASS EFFECT 3!!!!!
Old March 6 2012, 07:19 PM   #1839
John Clark
Commodore

clint g wrote: View Post
MASS EFFECT 3!!!!!
That'll be my next game to play. Just counting down the days.
Old March 11 2012, 04:23 AM   #1840
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Me, too. I partially filled the gap with a first time run through of another Bioware rpg, Jade Empire. Fun eastern flavored fantasy adventure, with some steampunk elements as well, with a Chinese flavor.

Favorite fighting styles? That Tiger Claw thing, Mirabelle (that blunderbuss I took off that mouthy Conquistadore played by John Cleese. Nothing like having some martial arts expert running at you and you introduce him to 4th degree GUN), and Jade Golem (you transform into a giant magical robot and squash dudes).
Old March 11 2012, 04:36 AM   #1841
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Starting playing StarCraft II again after a lengthy break. You take a break for a month or two and it feels like you've lost all the skill you've accumulated over the years. I'm just trying to claw my way back into Masters.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2012, 05:17 AM   #1842
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

stonester1 wrote: View Post
Me, too. I partially filled the gap with a first time run through of another Bioware rpg, Jade Empire. Fun eastern flavored fantasy adventure, with some steampunk elements as well, with a Chinese flavor.
Ah, Jade Empire... An often overlooked title when people talk about BioWare games, but I still wish earnestly for a sequel. I still have my Xbox copy around here somewhere, I think.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2012, 05:26 AM   #1843
stonester1
Rear Admiral

It does deserve one. And apparently it did sell well.
Old March 11 2012, 06:46 AM   #1844
T.Geiger
Lieutenant Commander

Currently working through the achievements for Metal Gear Solid 2 on the Xbox 360. I am not loving it. The forced perspective is really annoying. Playing Peace Walker before it has really messed me up.

Interesting though to see just how much of MGS4 was set up in this game. I had forgotten the vast majority of the details.
T.Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2012, 08:33 AM   #1845
captcalhoun
Admiral

whillst still playing MW2, i have also begun playing MW3. did SP campaign yesterday in under 12 hours on 'regular'. i'll go back and do it in veteran and pick up the other 43 Intel items later. also started on Spec Ops.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote