Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 10 2012, 03:00 AM   #976
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

They look like a near rip off of my own uniforms I designed over a decade ago

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 03:09 AM   #977
Mr Light
Admiral

Just finished the Prologue. Very cool stuff. The music at the ending was really cool too, with the piano and the blaring Inception fog horns. I'm excited

Old March 10 2012, 03:19 AM   #978
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Last edited by ThunderAeroI; March 10 2012 at 02:21 PM.
ThunderAeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 03:23 AM   #979
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Just finished the Prologue. Very cool stuff. The music at the ending was really cool too, with the piano and the blaring Inception fog horns. I'm excited
Just don't get used to that style, Clint Mansell did that and half of one other track.

Seeing as how he did almost nothing, and Bioware reused a bunch of tracks from the first two games in thematically-inappropriate ways*, I think that he didn't deliver and they had to patch things up at the last minute.

* And in thematically-appropriate ways too, I should add. "From Ashes" gets bonus points for its reuse of ME1 music in parallel scenarios. But random use of "Battle for Eden Prime", especially when fighting non-geth, doesn't.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 04:28 AM   #980
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

I just finished the story . . . WOW
I don't think I got a very good ending, but it was still a "HOLY MOSES!!!!" type of ending

now I have to do a femshep playthrough
Old March 10 2012, 05:35 AM   #981
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

WOW as in bad if you ask me. utterly pointless really.
Old March 10 2012, 06:25 AM   #982
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

ThunderAeroI: For your spoiler tag, could you change the warning to something less vague than "My thoughts," or at least specify before the code that the contents deal with the end of the game?

As for the endings...
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 07:48 AM   #983
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Old March 10 2012, 08:45 AM   #984
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
I know you need MP or the iOS game to get "Defender" (100% all areas of the galaxy).

Do you know the number of how many readiness point are needed for that achievement?
It's some number over 4000. For reference, I got it at 4400.

You're SOL, much like the other games EA has done that to.
Yup. Hopefully they can just patch it out of the game entirely, but I doubt they'll do that.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 09:47 AM   #985
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Still think the MP is the weakest part of the entire thing and is badly designed.

In theory a good idea.. Multiplayer is big these days and EA/Bioware apparently want to cash in on that, no gripe here from me but if you do a MP in an otherwise Single Player story game please do it right.

Loading times are abysmal but the worst part is the Ready button.. i got frustrated with that in the Demo and am frustrated by it in the game. If you have a single player who's not paying attention you can't start the game. Sure you can kick him but that either leaves you with a man short in the game or the others don't use that feature.

Seriously.. did anyone think this through? I'm used to the MW3 system.. 60 seconds to get your shit together before the game starts automatically if you're ready or not. If players drop out and the lobby isn't full the game starts too but the system populates the running game automatically if people are looking for that game type so teams can be evened out.

Simple, elegant and it works.. the way it is now with ME3 is a pain in the ass (but otherwise the MP is quite fine.. no technical or otherwise design issues).
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 08:04 PM   #986
Steven
Admiral

It's here, it's here!

So... this issue with having to re-do the facial customization, does it happen all the time, or only in certain cases? And have they released a patch for it?
Old March 10 2012, 09:03 PM   #987
Lookingglassman
Admiral

I am going to grab a copy of ME3, but I gotta finish playing the first two first!
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2012, 10:58 PM   #988
Mr Light
Admiral

This is annoying. In the old games I would read the subtitles then hit A to skip to the next line, cutting my sitting time in half. This game doesn't let me do that. Is that because I picked "RPG Mode" and not Action mode or something?

Old March 10 2012, 11:45 PM   #989
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

The correct command has been X on all three games.

Steven wrote: View Post
this issue with having to re-do the facial customization, does it happen all the time, or only in certain cases? And have they released a patch for it?
BioWare is working on a fix, but it's not released yet. See the link for a couple of suggestions for PC and Xbox 360 players on recreating faces (there's also a suggestion here, which is a slightly different take on the second suggestion at the BioWare Social Networks).

If you imported an ME1 character into ME2 and did any editing to your character's face in ME2, then you should be able to import into ME3 without issue. The problem appears to be ME1 imports into ME2 that were not edited in ME2 (ME1 face codes do not transfer directly into ME3, and ME1 face codes would not have been updated to ME2 face codes unless one opened the customization editor in ME2).

Last edited by PsychoPere; March 11 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Added reply to Steven's post.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2012, 02:04 AM   #990
Mr Light
Admiral

Aaaaah, thanks!

I finished the Earth-Mars-Citadel opening and can free explore now. I recall reading somewhere that the new planet scanning thing can prevent mini-missions from being played, how does that work? I do the scan pulse, it shows me which planet has something, I scan it, I pick something up. Where does this lead into mini-missions?