IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 1 2012, 02:13 AM   #106
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: All my ships in 1 place

Heres a ship i made for my Friend on another forum

Old March 8 2012, 06:39 AM   #107
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Just a lil test of a Idea before i do the same with Excelsior class type parts from a different style of Parts

Old March 8 2012, 09:00 AM   #108
Albertese
Commodore

I really like the Pip-class. But I have reservations about the Seaduck-class. If those structures beneath the saucer are pontoons for water landings, won't the nacelles be totally submerged? Is that okay for them? Also, it's been said that about a quarter of a starship's overall tonnage is its warp engines, so, would that make this thing a bit aft-heavy in the water? Seems like it's be dragged down by the engines and the bow would point more or less at the sky...

(Love the name though...I loved Tailspin since I was a kid! Best show on the Disney Afternoon!)

--Alex
Old March 8 2012, 10:01 AM   #109
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Albertese wrote: View Post
I really like the Pip-class. But I have reservations about the Seaduck-class. If those structures beneath the saucer are pontoons for water landings, won't the nacelles be totally submerged? Is that okay for them? Also, it's been said that about a quarter of a starship's overall tonnage is its warp engines, so, would that make this thing a bit aft-heavy in the water? Seems like it's be dragged down by the engines and the bow would point more or less at the sky...

(Love the name though...I loved Tailspin since I was a kid! Best show on the Disney Afternoon!)

--Alex
Thanks for the Comments and yes TailSpin is a good Cartoon Well id assume the weight of the 2 Oberth Class pods would be enough to level it out + the Warp nacelles would never be active in water id make sure theres a failsafe built in so the ship doesnt create a warp field in the water or the ship doesnt accidently go to warp in it.
Old March 9 2012, 02:03 PM   #110
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell

Kaiser wrote: View Post
Well id assume the weight of the 2 Oberth Class pods would be enough to level it out + the Warp nacelles would never be active in water id make sure theres a failsafe built in so the ship doesnt create a warp field in the water or the ship doesnt accidently go to warp in it.
Either that, or saucer separation, somehow. (Need ventral, aft and fore veiws to be sure though.)
USS Fardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2012, 10:35 PM   #111
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

USS Fardell wrote: View Post
Well id assume the weight of the 2 Oberth Class pods would be enough to level it out + the Warp nacelles would never be active in water id make sure theres a failsafe built in so the ship doesnt create a warp field in the water or the ship doesnt accidently go to warp in it.
Either that, or saucer separation, somehow. (Need ventral, aft and fore veiws to be sure though.)
Nope No Saucer sep in this one But if enough people i'll do a Front view of this later
Old March 9 2012, 11:28 PM   #112
Terror Grin
Captain

Interesting and somewhat funky designs. I like the Pug. Lots of potential in that one...
Old March 10 2012, 01:08 AM   #113
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

BK613 wrote: View Post
Interesting and somewhat funky designs. I like the Pug. Lots of potential in that one...
Thank you
Old March 21 2012, 05:33 AM   #114
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

I made this for a Friend on a Tiny Toons / Animaniacs Forum

Im doing the top view later ^_^
Old March 21 2012, 08:09 AM   #115
YARN
Fleet Captain

Needs more guns...
YARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 08:16 AM   #116
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

YARN wrote: View Post

Needs more guns...
It has enough ^_^ my next design will have more guns though
Old March 24 2012, 09:11 PM   #117
publiusr
Commodore

I like that double saucer about midway down there with two stacked gangway ramps...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2012, 11:54 PM   #118
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

publiusr wrote: View Post
I like that double saucer about midway down there with two stacked gangway ramps...
Thanks
Old May 12 2012, 02:36 AM   #119
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Just a lil something i made for fun
Old May 12 2012, 07:51 PM   #120
publiusr
Commodore

Use the pointed saucer and you have the galactica. I dig the broad arms.

Now I have often liked the idea of multi-bridge designs on really large craft. That aft refit-era bridge assembly is atop an extension. I'd like to see more of that.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote