Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old March 7 2012, 01:26 AM   #1426
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Oh, I swear, I love my T5 Excelsior, but I'd drop it in a heartbeat for an Ambassador class ship, T5 or no.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 02:32 AM   #1427
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I'll third that. An Ambassador class would complete the Enterprise progression.
Old March 7 2012, 08:35 AM   #1428
JRS
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JRS

intrinsical wrote: View Post
I just wish that the Ambassador class would come with a bridge pack of its own, looking similar like the Enterprise-C bridge but with more modern looking displays( and maybe an option to choose the more retro look also).
And I believe the Excelsior-class does not have her own bridge yet either.

Speaking of the special Jem'Hadar BOFF..it is a pity that one cannot even customize the look or even change him to a SF uniform. Takes a lot of value away from it IMHO, since the guy would look very much out of place. So I personally decided not to include one to my crew, at this time anyway.
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 11:13 AM   #1429
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Oh, I swear, I love my T5 Excelsior, but I'd drop it in a heartbeat for an Ambassador class ship, T5 or no.
I would keep the Excelsior on my main character (it's my favorite ST ship of all time). I would love to use the Ambassador on my alt though. It is a great looking ship with classic Trek design. I saw some great new art for the Ambassador posted by Doug Drexler in his blog on July 3, 2011. You can check it out here http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/
Old March 7 2012, 12:04 PM   #1430
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I'd love the Ambassador to be in game (the Vesta on the other hand leaves me cold).
Just to have the Enterprise line complete.

At the moment I don't see myself giving up my Sovereign, even as teh stock variant that it is, it is exactly what I need to fit my playstyle.
Sometimes I would like it to turn a little faster and sometimes I miss the signature quad torpedo volley. At the moment I spit out single plasma torps for gameplay purposes (to get DoT damage ticks on my enemies to keep aggro and because another beam array doesn't seem add esignificant extra energy damage).
But it isn't canon at all and I would rather have weaker Quantum torps with some plasma properties.
Maybe this is a nice addition for a +1 Sovereign? Quad Quantum Launcher instead of a console, that always fires 4 quantum torps in quick succession where the yield is lower than standard quantums per torpedo but adds a nice DoT damage?
May have to suggest that on the STO forums...

Also the ship should be touched up visually and perfected to match what was on screen.
Captain Logan has by now gained the skill to do is, he is just missing the time.
And then of course it needs a nice interior like the Constitution and the Defiant.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 03:26 PM   #1431
Trek
Fleet Captain

I am completely with you on the Sovereign. I think that ship very much needs some love.
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 03:29 PM   #1432
apostle83
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to apostle83 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to apostle83 Send a message via Yahoo to apostle83

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Of course, all we need is your name@handle to invite you to the fleet.
I am Trill Ambassador@trillambassador
Old March 7 2012, 03:48 PM   #1433
apostle83
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to apostle83 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to apostle83 Send a message via Yahoo to apostle83

And.... I just cancelled a recruiting assignment about 5 seconds before it finished. **smashes head into desk**
Old March 7 2012, 04:26 PM   #1434
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

JRS wrote: View Post
I just wish that the Ambassador class would come with a bridge pack of its own, looking similar like the Enterprise-C bridge but with more modern looking displays( and maybe an option to choose the more retro look also).
And I believe the Excelsior-class does not have her own bridge yet either.

Speaking of the special Jem'Hadar BOFF..it is a pity that one cannot even customize the look or even change him to a SF uniform. Takes a lot of value away from it IMHO, since the guy would look very much out of place. So I personally decided not to include one to my crew, at this time anyway.
In officer exchange programs in Science Fiction, it's not at all unusual for the officer to retain the uniform of his home fleet. A Trek example would be when Riker served on a Klingon ship. So it's perfectly natural for your Jem'Hadar officer to be in his own uniform.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 05:05 PM   #1435
Scout101
Admiral

Would be nice as an option, though, to be able to use the regular StarFleet uniform options in addition to whatever bonus costume pieces you get for that particular species. With all the special BOFFs we've got, I have very few BOFFs left that can actually wear the uniform I'm trying to put on my characters. Breen, Reman, Jem'Hadar, HoloDoc, Borg Science Off, Borg Eng. Can't think of any others off the top of my head, but that's already 6 of the 10 BOFF slots where I can't do much (if any) customization, so more than half my ship's compliment is out of uniform.

Plus just kinda boring when it sets to default, you can't personalize it, and everyone that has these BOFFs has them all look exactly the same. Not a huge gripe, just a small disappointment that doesn't seem like it would be too hard to correct. What's the harm in having my Reman BOFF wearing the team uniform rather than his sparkly cape?

Perfectly reasonable that he should be able to wear his cape if he wants, but not all that unreasonable to allow him to toss on a Star Fleet uni once he joins my crew, either.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2012, 09:50 AM   #1436
Rocketeer
Captain

Ambassador - I've never really liked the ship for role-playing or otherwise. However, I think it needs to be in the game to complete the Enterprise line.

Sovereign - I love the ship (and own it), but the Excelsior Refit is my baby. Whoever put that into the game has my eternal gratitude. Perhaps they should come out with a tier 6 Sovereign for when Cryptic raised the current rank cap.

BOFF uniforms - I also wish that you had the option to use a special BOFF's uniform or change to match your away team. I think that's a nice option on the Borg Engineer.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2012, 02:57 PM   #1437
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I just learnt today that a science officer with a medic kit can easily trivialize Infected Ground missions. My science officer's aoe heal boost the team's damage resistance by 25 and I can apply a dampening field on the boss, causing her damage to be reduced by 66%.

It got to the point where the chain lightning only dealt 50 points of damage, which I can easily heal.
Old March 8 2012, 04:32 PM   #1438
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Sometimes I would like it to turn a little faster
If you aren't already using one I've found the mk XI RCS console helps with that.

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Sovereign - I love the ship (and own it), but the Excelsior Refit is my baby. Whoever put that into the game has my eternal gratitude. Perhaps they should come out with a tier 6 Sovereign for when Cryptic raised the current rank cap.
I would rather they just keep 5 tiers, theres really no point to raising it plus the Odessey which is the new flagship is T5, it makes no sense to add news ships that are better than it especially one its replaced as the flagship class.

I just learnt today that a science officer with a medic kit can easily trivialize Infected Ground missions. My science officer's aoe heal boost the team's damage resistance by 25 and I can apply a dampening field on the boss, causing her damage to be reduced by 66%.

It got to the point where the chain lightning only dealt 50 points of damage, which I can easily heal.
This is why I like having a well rounded team of different classes instead on the majority of one class. I was on an all tac team that tried to do infected ground on elite and it wasn't pretty.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2012, 05:21 PM   #1439
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Or, you could break line of sight with her when you're the target (light blue circle around your character). No dmg at all.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2012, 09:28 PM   #1440
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Well crap now I have to use my C-point stash on the +1 Odyssey since it comes with this http://aw3d.weebly.com/environment--...ey-bridge.html

Damn you Cryptic for selling stuff in the C-store I actually want to buy.

[Looks at linked pics again]

Wait a minute that looks like a transporter pad ON THE BRIDGE

You mean I can beam up and down from the bridge AWESOME!
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote