Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 6 2012, 11:50 PM   #916
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Nope, my narrative option is set to Full Decisions, and I am making my own choices during dialogue interactions - but, like Garrett observed, it feels like I'm presented with choices less often in conversations than during the first two games.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 11:51 PM   #917
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Aha, I see what you're saying.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 11:54 PM   #918
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

You replied too damn quickly; I was just about to come back and edit that post.

I just ran into an old friend on the Citadel, and I was presented with dialogue choices for almost every time Shepard needed to say something, so it looks like perhaps the frequency of choices is on an increase.
Old March 7 2012, 02:13 AM   #919
clint g
Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Nope, my narrative option is set to Full Decisions, and I am making my own choices during dialogue interactions - but, like Garrett observed, it feels like I'm presented with choices less often in conversations than during the first two games.
Its funny, because I feel the same exact way. Its good to hear the rate of choices picks up though. The reviews also say there are plenty of choices so I guess it just rail roads you in the begging
Old March 7 2012, 06:05 AM   #920
Garrett
Vice Admiral

I just ran into an old friend on the Citadel, and I was presented with dialogue choices for almost every time Shepard needed to say something, so it looks like perhaps the frequency of choices is on an increase.
Yep. It looks like I spoke too soon. There's quite a few dialogue choices opening up now.

Has anyone played the DLC missions yet? I'm trying to decide if I want to pick it up.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 06:36 AM   #921
clint g
Admiral

Garrett wrote: View Post

Yep. It looks like I spoke too soon. There's quite a few dialogue choices opening up now.

Has anyone played the DLC missions yet? I'm trying to decide if I want to pick it up.
I'm playing the the DLC mission right now. Without getting into spoilers, yes. Pick it up. It's pretty awesome, though it's also very apparent that it should have been a part of the main game. Day One DLC for the loss.
Old March 7 2012, 06:55 AM   #922
DarkHorizon
Captain

Right, I think it's time for me to avoid this thread until my copy arrives, hopefully on Friday...
Old March 7 2012, 08:28 AM   #923
clint g
Admiral

You know what I find interesting is that while many people thought that Mass Effect 3 was going even further into the cover based shooter direction, I find that in many games the game has picked up on some of the RPG elements that I missed from ME1. Character customization is much improved when compared to ME2 and yet doesn't feel as overly clunky or time consuming as it did in ME1. It seems to me that the really hit the sweet spot this time.
Old March 7 2012, 08:40 AM   #924
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

Not exactly an auspicious start. The game wouldn't import my Shepard's face correctly. Had to remake her from scratch.

It was all uphill from there, though. So far it has the makings of a better story than ME2 had, although I suppose I'd better hold off on saying that until the end.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 10:23 AM   #925
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

-Brett- wrote: View Post
Not exactly an auspicious start. The game wouldn't import my Shepard's face correctly. Had to remake her from scratch.
Yeah, makes me glad that I wrote down all of my custom Shepards' face codes back when I was playing through ME2. My current Shepard uses the Sheploo face, but all my other ones have custom faces. It would have sucked having to do them all over again from scratch. I'll probably have to edit them a bit like I did for the demo, but that's not as big a deal.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 01:59 PM   #926
clint g
Admiral

13 hours in and I think I've run into my first broken quest. Bleh.
Old March 7 2012, 03:24 PM   #927
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

The first broken quest I thought I came to had to do with Colonel Tie and the Blue Suns, but I was able to figure that out after exploring more....and more.

I'm only bout 5 and a half hours into it right now though. But its been fun. The changes to the combat mechanic dont bother me at all as it playes similar to how i played the second one.
Old March 7 2012, 03:29 PM   #928
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
Right, I think it's time for me to avoid this thread until my copy arrives, hopefully on Friday...
In this thread, you should be safe. There was a consensus a couple days ago to keep this thread spoiler-free, which is why I've kept my posts about my play experience as free of specific details as possible (using a vague phrase like "an old friend," for example).

clint g wrote: View Post
If it involves not being able to speak to someone after being told to go to them, save your game, then load that same save. That situation has happened to me, and doing so allowed me to talk to the NPC after loading.
Old March 7 2012, 04:17 PM   #929
clint g
Admiral

In this thread, you should be safe. There was a consensus a couple days ago to keep this thread spoiler-free, which is why I've kept my posts about my play experience as free of specific details as possible (using a vague phrase like "an old friend," for example).

If it involves not being able to speak to someone after being told to go to them, save your game, then load that same save. That situation has happened to me, and doing so allowed me to talk to the NPC after loading.
Nah, mine involves
Old March 7 2012, 04:19 PM   #930
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Nah, mine involves