RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,689
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 512
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 6 2012, 04:11 PM   #901
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker
Re: Mass Effect 3

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Caretaker wrote: View Post
I'm trying to decide what system to buy the game for: PC, XBox or PS3.
Well, which one do you have the previous games for? Don't you want your saves to carry over?
Oh, I thought that was a rumor (that the saves carry over). Nice, Xbox it is.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 04:36 PM   #902
BigFoot
Admiral

My PS3 copy is downloading from the PSN store at the moment... 99% to go.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 04:42 PM   #903
ATimson
Rear Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
I should've preordered from the local GameStop instead of Amazon... I'm home all day, but FedEx tracking estimates my copy won't arrive until mid-afternoon. Sigh.
And that's why I had mine sent to work instead of my house - it's been sitting at my desk, taunting me, for the last hour...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 04:43 PM   #904
clint g
Admiral

Well, just picked up my copy of the collectors edition and have started to download the DLC. In what must truly have been a sign from the gods I have managed to get the next 3 days off from work. I'll see you folks when I'm done taking back earth
Old March 6 2012, 07:26 PM   #905
Mr Light
Admiral

Everytime I pre-order a game on Amazon, I don't get it until a week after it comes out. Is that because I'm using free shipping?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 07:30 PM   #906
clint g
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Everytime I pre-order a game on Amazon, I don't get it until a week after it comes out. Is that because I'm using free shipping?
Yup. If you pay extra, you get the release day shipping or some such
Old March 6 2012, 07:35 PM   #907
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I didn't have to pay for release date shipping for my copy of the collector's edition.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 07:59 PM   #908
clint g
Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
I didn't have to pay for release date shipping for my copy of the collector's edition.
I guess you got lucky?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200180350

Shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item and are displayed on the order confirmation page after you select Release-Date Delivery as your shipping option. If you're an Amazon Prime member, Release-Date Delivery is free when selecting Two-Day shipping.
Old March 6 2012, 08:03 PM   #909
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Since that FAQ says "shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item," Amazon must have been leaving off the charge when I preordered my copy. (I'm not an Amazon Prime member.) I guess I was lucky indeed!
Old March 6 2012, 08:30 PM   #910
Skywalker
Admiral

I have Amazon Prime, so I get free release day delivery. Well, it's technically not free, since I pay a yearly fee, but I save more than the fee by not paying shipping on anything (I use Amazon a lot ), so it's worth it.

The only problem is my copy still hasn't arrived yet!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 08:49 PM   #911
Garrett
Vice Admiral

I'm a prime member, too. I buy a lot through amazon, so I've ended up saving a ton on shipping, even when I use the one day option.

I've been migrating my gaming back to the PC, so I picked this up for Origin (paid through amazon, though. ). I put in a hour or so before going to bed last night, and then another hour this morning. I bought the first two games off of Steam during a sale way back when, but never really touched them until a week or so ago when I started a new playthrough to import to ME3. I used the comic for the decisions in ME1, just because I had never seen it before.

I'm somewhat torn so far. We've been given more choice back in leveling, and in weapon customization, but now Shepard runs his mouth continuously with very little input from me. I was hoping that was just going to be the case for the demo, but most of the interactions I've had have been similarly automated. To be fair, a lot of what Shepard says, like "I should go" doesn't really need to be selecting from a dialog wheel, but I find I'm having a hard time feeling as connected to what's going without me being in more control.

Other than that, I'm loving the game and looking forward to seeing the payoff from the previous two games.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 09:21 PM   #912
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

My copy just arrived. While the various pieces of DLC download and I install the game to my Xbox's hard drive, I'm continuing to watch the special features on my Game of Thrones Blu-ray copy. The narrated illustrations detailing the history of Westeros are pretty damn cool.
Old March 6 2012, 11:27 PM   #913
BigFoot
Admiral

I'm now about two hours into the game... so far it's totally awesome.
Old March 6 2012, 11:45 PM   #914
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I've just reached the Citadel, and have noticed what Garrett referred to re: automated dialogue interactions. I'm hoping that's just the nature of the early portion of the game, and that more choice will start being presented soon. Other than that, I'm having a great time just as expected from the past two games.
Old March 6 2012, 11:47 PM   #915
BigFoot
Admiral

^ I was picking my dialogue choices just fine... maybe you're playing the game in action mode or whatever it's called?