Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 5 2012, 09:20 PM   #871
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

She isn't tweeting - she's using a text-only quantum entanglement communicator.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 09:38 PM   #872
Skywalker
Admiral

Yeah, but such advanced technologies are beyond the grasp of our primitive minds, so to us it just looks like she's tweeting.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 11:36 PM   #873
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Skywalker wrote: View Post
They should have Khalisah al-Jilani try to interview a Reaper.
Not before my renegade Shepard gets to punch her in the face one more time.
Old March 6 2012, 12:54 AM   #874
Steven
Admiral

Have gotten food, feeling better. Reaper "horn" blaring, making it hard to think. #solcomms
Hmm... first stage of indoctrination? Earth is screwed...
Old March 6 2012, 03:09 AM   #875
throwback
Captain

In this game, war assets and reputation add to a score that determines your choice of endings. You can play the single player, but you will find that meeting your desired score is more difficult. However, if you play the multiplayer, reaching the score becomes easier. I don't like that I have to play this game with a calculator and a notepad, and I don't like that I am hobbled as a player if I choose not to play multiplayer.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 03:37 AM   #876
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

throwback wrote: View Post
In this game, war assets and reputation add to a score that determines your choice of endings. You can play the single player, but you will find that meeting your desired score is more difficult. However, if you play the multiplayer, reaching the score becomes easier. I don't like that I have to play this game with a calculator and a notepad, and I don't like that I am hobbled as a player if I choose not to play multiplayer.
So how about you leave the calculator and notepad behind and just enjoy the story and game itself no matter what the ending is?

You can always calculate the game in subsequent replays and try other choices and approaches or simply go watch Youtube after a while to see the different endings (no matter how good a game is i rarely ever replayed a story driven game.. especially not something so big like Mass Effect that takes days or weeks of continuous play).
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 03:39 AM   #877
ATimson
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
When I play ME3 I'm going to go in blind and I'm going to make decisions based purely on instinct. I'm going to screw up on some of those decisions and I'm not going to achieve a perfect victory with my main Shepard, but I'll own the consequences of those choices. In the future I may read up on the mechanics and pull off a perfect victory, but I certainly wont be doing that with my first Shepard, that would defeat the purpose of playing the game to me.
As long as the game is fair, I agree.

I don't think that all of the choices in ME2 were fair. At least one choice during the suicide mission had your team lying to you about their capabilities.

I suspect that the "get a good ending" system will be more straightforward this time - just do all the quests & don't be a dick...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 03:47 AM   #878
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Alliance forces have not hurt Reaper ship. No damage. It's coming straight for us. Straight for ME
This signal, going out and being rebroadcast everywhere… I think they picked it up. I led them here

Uh oh. Sounds like Emily is in trouble.
Old March 6 2012, 03:52 AM   #879
HotRod
Commander

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Alliance forces have not hurt Reaper ship. No damage. It's coming straight for us. Straight for ME
This signal, going out and being rebroadcast everywhere… I think they picked it up. I led them here

Uh oh. Sounds like Emily is in trouble.
Indeed! It's actually very interesting, this whole twitter thing that is. I find myself sitting here waiting to see what happens next. Kudos to you Bioware! For actually making me give a crap about Twitter.
HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 04:05 AM   #880
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I know! I've never even once sat here and stared at a Twitter feed like this. They're actually telling a story here that's relevant to the game. I wonder if they're actually gonna kill Emily off, here.
Old March 6 2012, 04:18 AM   #881
Skywalker
Admiral

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda wish we could have actually seen this happening, rather than just reading the story through Twitter. It's pretty entertaining.
Old March 6 2012, 04:21 AM   #882
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Looks like it may be nearing its conclusion. Noooooo!
Old March 6 2012, 04:25 AM   #883
Skywalker
Admiral

Is anyone going to watch the midnight launch? It starts streaming on BioWare TV in half an hour. I'm still trying to decide if I want to or not.
Old March 6 2012, 04:35 AM   #884
HotRod
Commander

Nah. I don't wanna see all those happy people with their copies when I have to wait till I get home from work tomorrow at 4. On a plus note, my girlfriend is awesome! She's driving 2 hours to pick up my collectors edition while I'm at work and she has the day off. Plus, she surprised me with my very own N7 curtains shes in the middle of making me for my gaming den. Real keeper this one, I love her!
HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 04:39 AM   #885
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Same here. Work until 4 tomorrow, but should come home to my collector's edition on my doorstep.

Also, anyone not reading the Alliance News Network twitter feed needs to do so, right now. I don't care if you don't like Twitter. This is plot relevant stuff, and it's getting intense. Holy hell, Emily. Don't do it! Don't do it!