Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 1 2012, 11:43 PM   #211
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post

Actually, the phasers were coming out of the lower planetary sensor dome, as seen here:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...a_2367_aft.jpg
With the angle of that particular shot, it could be a phaser bank right in front of the dome.
Better angle (from a second or so before the first cap)

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...missary005.jpg
OK, that one's a little more obviously wrong. Still not as bad as the phaser-from-photon-tube shot.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 03:42 AM   #212
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Ok my break didn't turn out to be as long as I'd really planned...

Pilgrim-class transport

Aristotle-class scout
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 04:05 AM   #213
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Nice new ships

and Welcome back

and i just noticed the side and top views dont match a bit.
Old March 4 2012, 05:26 AM   #214
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. I also didn't do enough to indicate the "cutout" in the upper surface of the saucer. So:

Old March 4 2012, 06:36 AM   #215
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

ahh ok looks much better now
Old March 4 2012, 10:13 PM   #216
publiusr
Commodore

That squished secondary hull you turned into a smaller pod ( a small NX-01 refit look) looks nice. It might be good to try to squish your Valhalla super saucer and stretch it out (smaller scale) but keep the nacelles at full size and see how that works out...

The saucer cut-outs on the octagonal saucer I liked to might make for some nice weapon ports, though they might have to be squished to fit too.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 11:28 PM   #217
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Slight mod on the Aristotle

and the Victoria-class light cruiser
Old March 5 2012, 12:44 AM   #218
The Castellan
Commodore

Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan

How does one get to the secondary hull on the Aristotle?
The meaning of the apocalypse is the opposite of what most people think. It does not mean the end of the world; it means the revealing of hidden secrets and the beginning of a heaven on earth. The apocalypse is starting now.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 01:10 AM   #219
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

The Castellan wrote: View Post
Do you have all of Vance's ship parts pages?

If so, go to the one with all the nacelle pylons on it (Toolkits Freebies 8) and select the profile view of the "mini secondary" in the lower right corner. Open a new window with just that part. Paste it in the new window. Now go to Resize Image (or the equivalent in whatever program you are using) and reduce the height of the hull 50% but leave the length the same as it already is.

Now paint out all the now squished windows and the segment-lines on the shuttlebay doors. Isolate the shuttlebay doors with a mask (Magic Wand in PdN) and use a linear gradient fill from left to right (the lightest part should end up on the far right).

Now go back to Vance's page 8 and Isolate and copy the airlock door on the un"squished" mini-hull. Go to your "squished" hull and put it where you want it to go.

To do the front, go back to page 8 and copy the front view of the mini-hull. Paste it into it's own window and again reduce the height ONLY by 50%

The top view is the easiest. Select the mini-hull top view and paste into new window. DO NOT ALTER either width or height. Paint out the connection lines on the shuttle bay door. Mask off the doors with Magic Wand as on the side view. Now use a CONE gradient fill with the center starting underneath the aft formation light above the shuttle bay (the little round feature) and go from left to right (again, the lightest part of the fill should be to the right).

If you want to add a sensor dome to the UNDERside of the squished hull, just take a 2 pixel curved line and start at the left end of the undercut and connect the other end to the little "lip" underneath the shuttlebay. Tweak the curve until you get the shape you want. Mask off the interior as you did the shuttlebay doors and use LINEAR gradient to fill going left to right.

Hope this helps
Old March 5 2012, 01:58 AM   #220
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Good new ships
Old March 5 2012, 02:21 AM   #221
Wingsley
Commodore

The Pilgrim-class transport is a really neat idea, but I think it needs longer nacelles.
Old March 5 2012, 07:18 AM   #222
Albertese
Commodore

The Castellan wrote: View Post
Do you have all of Vance's ship parts pages?

If so, go to the one with all the nacelle pylons on it (Toolkits Freebies 8) and select the profile view of the "mini secondary" in the lower right corner. Open a new window with just that part. Paste it in the new window. Now go to Resize Image (or the equivalent in whatever program you are using) and reduce the height of the hull 50% but leave the length the same as it already is.

Now paint out all the now squished windows and the segment-lines on the shuttlebay doors. Isolate the shuttlebay doors with a mask (Magic Wand in PdN) and use a linear gradient fill from left to right (the lightest part should end up on the far right).

Now go back to Vance's page 8 and Isolate and copy the airlock door on the un"squished" mini-hull. Go to your "squished" hull and put it where you want it to go.

To do the front, go back to page 8 and copy the front view of the mini-hull. Paste it into it's own window and again reduce the height ONLY by 50%

The top view is the easiest. Select the mini-hull top view and paste into new window. DO NOT ALTER either width or height. Paint out the connection lines on the shuttle bay door. Mask off the doors with Magic Wand as on the side view. Now use a CONE gradient fill with the center starting underneath the aft formation light above the shuttle bay (the little round feature) and go from left to right (again, the lightest part of the fill should be to the right).

If you want to add a sensor dome to the UNDERside of the squished hull, just take a 2 pixel curved line and start at the left end of the undercut and connect the other end to the little "lip" underneath the shuttlebay. Tweak the curve until you get the shape you want. Mask off the interior as you did the shuttlebay doors and use LINEAR gradient to fill going left to right.

Hope this helps
I suspect he's asking how crewpersons would get from the Saucer to the secondary hull, rather than how did you draw it.

Though I may be wrong...

--Alex
Old March 5 2012, 07:45 AM   #223
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Albertese wrote: View Post

I suspect he's asking how crewpersons would get from the Saucer to the secondary hull, rather than how did you draw it.

Though I may be wrong...

--Alex
In that case, I would posit via a Jeffries tube in all likelihood.

The Oberth class has the same issue.
Old March 5 2012, 12:45 PM   #224
arthur2sheds
Lieutenant

Wingsley wrote: View Post
The Pilgrim-class transport is a really neat idea, but I think it needs longer nacelles.

I like the Pilgrim class, but agree, it needs the larger PB32 nacelles.
Old March 5 2012, 04:12 PM   #225
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

arthur2sheds wrote: View Post
Wingsley wrote: View Post

I like the Pilgrim class, but agree, it needs the larger PB32 nacelles.
Those ARE standard-size nacelles. The ship is just that darn big.