RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,376
Posts: 5,446,728
Members: 24,972
Currently online: 617
Newest member: Tom Sawyer

TrekToday headlines

Crowded Coop Trek-Themed Bags and Wallets
By: T'Bonz on Oct 31

Original Series Hoodies
By: T'Bonz on Oct 31

Star Trek-Planet Of The Apes Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Oct 31

November-December 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Oct 31

Kruge Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 1 2012, 11:43 PM   #211
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral
 
Ar-Pharazon's Avatar
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Ian Keldon wrote: View Post

Actually, the phasers were coming out of the lower planetary sensor dome, as seen here:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...a_2367_aft.jpg
With the angle of that particular shot, it could be a phaser bank right in front of the dome.
Better angle (from a second or so before the first cap)

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...missary005.jpg
OK, that one's a little more obviously wrong. Still not as bad as the phaser-from-photon-tube shot.
__________________
Rimmer, on what period of history to live in-
“Well, It’d be the 19th century for me, one of Napoleon’s marshals.
The chance to march across Europe with the greatest general of all time and kill Belgians” - (White Hole).
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 03:42 AM   #212
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Ok my break didn't turn out to be as long as I'd really planned...

Pilgrim-class transport


Aristotle-class scout
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 04:05 AM   #213
Kaiser
Rear Admiral
 
Kaiser's Avatar
 
Location: Boyertown, PA as of July 2011
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Nice new ships

and Welcome back

and i just noticed the side and top views dont match a bit.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112860258811333/ For all your Sci-fi ship model and mini goodness 3DS Friend code: 0731-4800-6817
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 05:26 AM   #214
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. I also didn't do enough to indicate the "cutout" in the upper surface of the saucer. So:

Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 06:36 AM   #215
Kaiser
Rear Admiral
 
Kaiser's Avatar
 
Location: Boyertown, PA as of July 2011
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

ahh ok looks much better now
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112860258811333/ For all your Sci-fi ship model and mini goodness 3DS Friend code: 0731-4800-6817
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 10:13 PM   #216
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

That squished secondary hull you turned into a smaller pod ( a small NX-01 refit look) looks nice. It might be good to try to squish your Valhalla super saucer and stretch it out (smaller scale) but keep the nacelles at full size and see how that works out...

The saucer cut-outs on the octagonal saucer I liked to might make for some nice weapon ports, though they might have to be squished to fit too.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 11:28 PM   #217
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Slight mod on the Aristotle


and the Victoria-class light cruiser
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 12:44 AM   #218
The Castellan
Commodore
 
The Castellan's Avatar
 
Location: The Plains of Cydonia
Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

How does one get to the secondary hull on the Aristotle?
__________________
The meaning of the apocalypse is the opposite of what most people think. It does not mean the end of the world; it means the revealing of hidden secrets and the beginning of a heaven on earth. The apocalypse is starting now.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 01:10 AM   #219
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

The Castellan wrote: View Post
How does one get to the secondary hull on the Aristotle?
Do you have all of Vance's ship parts pages?

If so, go to the one with all the nacelle pylons on it (Toolkits Freebies 8) and select the profile view of the "mini secondary" in the lower right corner. Open a new window with just that part. Paste it in the new window. Now go to Resize Image (or the equivalent in whatever program you are using) and reduce the height of the hull 50% but leave the length the same as it already is.

Now paint out all the now squished windows and the segment-lines on the shuttlebay doors. Isolate the shuttlebay doors with a mask (Magic Wand in PdN) and use a linear gradient fill from left to right (the lightest part should end up on the far right).

Now go back to Vance's page 8 and Isolate and copy the airlock door on the un"squished" mini-hull. Go to your "squished" hull and put it where you want it to go.

To do the front, go back to page 8 and copy the front view of the mini-hull. Paste it into it's own window and again reduce the height ONLY by 50%

The top view is the easiest. Select the mini-hull top view and paste into new window. DO NOT ALTER either width or height. Paint out the connection lines on the shuttle bay door. Mask off the doors with Magic Wand as on the side view. Now use a CONE gradient fill with the center starting underneath the aft formation light above the shuttle bay (the little round feature) and go from left to right (again, the lightest part of the fill should be to the right).

If you want to add a sensor dome to the UNDERside of the squished hull, just take a 2 pixel curved line and start at the left end of the undercut and connect the other end to the little "lip" underneath the shuttlebay. Tweak the curve until you get the shape you want. Mask off the interior as you did the shuttlebay doors and use LINEAR gradient to fill going left to right.

Hope this helps
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 01:58 AM   #220
Kaiser
Rear Admiral
 
Kaiser's Avatar
 
Location: Boyertown, PA as of July 2011
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Good new ships
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112860258811333/ For all your Sci-fi ship model and mini goodness 3DS Friend code: 0731-4800-6817
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 02:21 AM   #221
Wingsley
Commodore
 
Wingsley's Avatar
 
Location: Wingsley
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

The Pilgrim-class transport is a really neat idea, but I think it needs longer nacelles.
__________________
"The way that you wander is the way that you choose. / The day that you tarry is the day that you lose. / Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder / Where the fair wind blows ..."
-- Lyrics, Jeremiah Johnson's theme.
Wingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 07:18 AM   #222
Albertese
Commodore
 
Albertese's Avatar
 
Location: Portland, OR
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
The Castellan wrote: View Post
How does one get to the secondary hull on the Aristotle?
Do you have all of Vance's ship parts pages?

If so, go to the one with all the nacelle pylons on it (Toolkits Freebies 8) and select the profile view of the "mini secondary" in the lower right corner. Open a new window with just that part. Paste it in the new window. Now go to Resize Image (or the equivalent in whatever program you are using) and reduce the height of the hull 50% but leave the length the same as it already is.

Now paint out all the now squished windows and the segment-lines on the shuttlebay doors. Isolate the shuttlebay doors with a mask (Magic Wand in PdN) and use a linear gradient fill from left to right (the lightest part should end up on the far right).

Now go back to Vance's page 8 and Isolate and copy the airlock door on the un"squished" mini-hull. Go to your "squished" hull and put it where you want it to go.

To do the front, go back to page 8 and copy the front view of the mini-hull. Paste it into it's own window and again reduce the height ONLY by 50%

The top view is the easiest. Select the mini-hull top view and paste into new window. DO NOT ALTER either width or height. Paint out the connection lines on the shuttle bay door. Mask off the doors with Magic Wand as on the side view. Now use a CONE gradient fill with the center starting underneath the aft formation light above the shuttle bay (the little round feature) and go from left to right (again, the lightest part of the fill should be to the right).

If you want to add a sensor dome to the UNDERside of the squished hull, just take a 2 pixel curved line and start at the left end of the undercut and connect the other end to the little "lip" underneath the shuttlebay. Tweak the curve until you get the shape you want. Mask off the interior as you did the shuttlebay doors and use LINEAR gradient to fill going left to right.

Hope this helps
I suspect he's asking how crewpersons would get from the Saucer to the secondary hull, rather than how did you draw it.

Though I may be wrong...

--Alex
__________________
Check out my website: www.goldtoothstudio.squarespace.com
Albertese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 07:45 AM   #223
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Albertese wrote: View Post

I suspect he's asking how crewpersons would get from the Saucer to the secondary hull, rather than how did you draw it.

Though I may be wrong...

--Alex
In that case, I would posit via a Jeffries tube in all likelihood.

The Oberth class has the same issue.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 12:45 PM   #224
arthur2sheds
Lieutenant
 
arthur2sheds's Avatar
 
Location: Alderley Edge, Cheshire, England
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

Wingsley wrote: View Post
The Pilgrim-class transport is a really neat idea, but I think it needs longer nacelles.

I like the Pilgrim class, but agree, it needs the larger PB32 nacelles.
__________________
People should not be affraid of their governments. Governments should be affaid of their people.
arthur2sheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:12 PM   #225
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: My homebrew kitbashes

arthur2sheds wrote: View Post
Wingsley wrote: View Post
The Pilgrim-class transport is a really neat idea, but I think it needs longer nacelles.

I like the Pilgrim class, but agree, it needs the larger PB32 nacelles.
Those ARE standard-size nacelles. The ship is just that darn big.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.