Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 4 2012, 12:46 AM   #841
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Apparently the ending has been leaked and many of the Bioware/ME boards are in a uproar.. have any of you guys heard anything? Is there anything we should be concerned about?
No and I don't want to thanks! In fact let's have a show of hands. Who here wants to discuss spoilers?

Seriously mate, if you want to talk about that stuff then please go start a ME3 spoiler discussion thread.

[Edit] Actually, I'm not sure I even want to take the chance that some idiot or troll will just go ahead and spill the beans. I'm going into blackout mode now folks, see you on the other side!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 12:49 AM   #842
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

No. No spoilers whatsoever in here. I haven't even played the demo. I want my experience to be fresh.
Old March 4 2012, 01:04 AM   #843
Skywalker
Admiral

Ixnay on the oilerspay, thank you very much. If you're that curious about what happens, go and look it up. But if you do, then please keep it to yourself.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 01:26 AM   #844
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

You know what would make this 4½ year wait for the end of the trilogy perfect? If someone would tell me the ending in this thread before I had a chance to play the game. That would be great.

Wait, no, that would suck.
Old March 4 2012, 01:43 AM   #845
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Apparently the ending has been leaked and many of the Bioware/ME boards are in a uproar.. have any of you guys heard anything? Is there anything we should be concerned about?
I haven't heard any details, and I don't particularly want to. I do know that the Bioware forums are full of the worst examples of sci-fi fandom that seem to hate the very thing they claim to be fans of and are looking for any excuse to complain about it. I doubt that there's any ending that would please them.

Not saying that they're definitely wrong, but I don't think their complaints by themselves are any particular cause for concern.

Last edited by -Brett-; March 4 2012 at 06:13 AM.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 02:45 AM   #846
Skywalker
Admiral

So I'm still playing the multiplayer demo, and after only having the salarian Infiltrator and turian Sentinel for all these weeks, I finally unlocked the asari Adept and the quarian Engineer last night. The quarian's okay, but holy crap is the asari awesome. I outfitted her with a sniper rifle, and leveled Stasis up all the way, and it's headshot city with her!

ETA: And, not more than two minutes after I posted this, I just unlocked the krogan Soldier. At last!
Old March 4 2012, 04:26 AM   #847
superdeluxe
Captain

Oh I wasn't looking for spoilers, I guess I just wanted my fears reduced, no more talk about this

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 04:33 AM   #848
Skywalker
Admiral

Sorry, didn't mean to snap. We're just very protective about spoilers, is all. For what it's worth, a lot of the posters at the BioWare forums are super negative about every little thing they don't like. So take their complaints with a grain of salt.

If anyone here visits the BioWare forums, DO NOT GO THERE in the next few days if you want to avoid being spoiled. A friend of mine was just telling me how she accidentally read what she called two major spoilers because people put them in their thread titles. And this was in what's supposed to be the "No Spoilers Allowed" forum. So it's not really safe anywhere over there right now.
Old March 4 2012, 05:00 AM   #849
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Thanks for the warning!

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 05:04 AM   #850
Steven
Admiral

For what it's worth, a lot of the posters at any forum are super negative about every little thing they don't like.
Fixed that for you.

Sadly.

Can't wait for ME3 to arrive! I have 2 Shepards ready to go, one male and one female and I think I'll start with FemShep first since that's a more complete game than the other one. Missed a lot of the side-missions in ME2 with my first Shepard, so I'm probably going to go back and finish those up before loading it into 3.

Also have a 3rd Shepard in the works, but he's still stuck in ME1.
Old March 4 2012, 06:00 AM   #851
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Yeah, but have you been to Bioware's forum? Obi-Wan's description of Mos Eisley could as well apply to the Bioware forum.

I have three Shepards that are ready to go, myself. One male paragon who is the pinnacle of virtue, and frankly a little insufferable. One male renegade, who is just a dick. Then I have a female that is mostly paragon, but not afraid to make renegade choices when the situation calls for it. I think I'm gonna start with the male paragon, as he was my first Shepard, so shall he be the first whose story I complete.
Old March 4 2012, 11:41 AM   #852
John Clark
Commodore

Yeah, I'm pretty much avoiding bioware's forum. There are some threads where it's not too bad, but spoilers are getting posted everywhere. I saw one or two and that's way too much.

I probably won't get to play the game til next friday or saturday, but my mostly paragon Shep will be first up. She didn't do every mission in the first game, but I think I've covered most in the second (even if quite a few of the non-essentials were done after the last mission)
Old March 4 2012, 11:28 PM   #853
throwback
Captain

Amazon has shipped my game guide, but is holding back on shipping the game. Does anyone know why they would do this? (I didn't order the CE.)
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 11:37 PM   #854
bullethead
Fleet Captain

throwback wrote: View Post
Amazon has shipped my game guide, but is holding back on shipping the game. Does anyone know why they would do this? (I didn't order the CE.)
Probably to avoid breaking the street date.
Old March 5 2012, 12:08 AM   #855
ATimson
Rear Admiral

throwback wrote: View Post
As bullethead said, they don't want to break street date on the game - publishers get tickly about that. If you ordered it with release-date shipping, don't expect it to ship until Monday.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote