RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,689
Posts: 5,430,894
Members: 24,827
Currently online: 493
Newest member: Spectral


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 2 2012, 05:00 AM   #556
zar
Captain
 
zar's Avatar
 
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

exodus wrote: View Post
So support of those that go thru the educational system to earn a credible degree in their career is being bitter?
Nice backpedal, but you didn't say anything about the education system until after someone mentioned Ebert. Remember your argument was that sfdebris was "no more credible than Snooki". So what are you proposing now? That everyone who lacks a degree is equally unworthy of respect regardless of how well they back up and present their views?
zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 05:01 AM   #557
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

THE BORG HAVE BEEN WEAKENED!!!

And all you people care about is how important someone's soapbox is or isn't. This is why the Federation is fail.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 05:02 AM   #558
zar
Captain
 
zar's Avatar
 
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

teacake wrote: View Post
This is why the Federation is fail.
I'll get back to you on that once I finish analysing your soapbox.
zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 04:48 PM   #559
sonak
Vice Admiral
 
Location: in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

teacake wrote: View Post
THE BORG HAVE BEEN WEAKENED!!!

And all you people care about is how important someone's soapbox is or isn't. This is why the Federation is fail.
no, the Federation fails because its soft citizens take soft vacations on soft planets like Risa!
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 10:58 PM   #560
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

You prefer painsticks on your holidays?
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 11:06 PM   #561
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

teacake wrote: View Post
You prefer painsticks on your holidays?
They'd fit right in with Ramadan
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 03:30 AM   #562
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

zar wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
So support of those that go thru the educational system to earn a credible degree in their career is being bitter?
Nice backpedal, but you didn't say anything about the education system until after someone mentioned Ebert. Remember your argument was that sfdebris was "no more credible than Snooki". So what are you proposing now? That everyone who lacks a degree is equally unworthy of respect regardless of how well they back up and present their views?
This is just arguing for the sake of argument and I'm not going to to clutter up this thread doing so.
I've explained myself.
You have the choice to agree, disagree or be indifferent to it.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 04:20 AM   #563
zar
Captain
 
zar's Avatar
 
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

^ I don't see how referencing your own statements and questioning their implications qualifies as "arguing for the sake of argument", unless you want to accuse yourself of the same thing and that I've inadvertently fallen into your trap.

I also don't see how repeating yourself almost verbatim qualifies as "explaining yourself", but I suppose you have the choice to agree, disagree or be indifferent to that.
zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 04:26 AM   #564
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

zar wrote: View Post
^ I don't see how referencing your own statements and questioning their implications qualifies as "arguing for the sake of argument", unless you want to accuse yourself of the same thing and that I've inadvertently fallen into your trap.

I also don't see how repeating yourself almost verbatim qualifies as "explaining yourself", but I suppose you have the choice to agree, disagree or be indifferent to that.
Give it a rest.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 10:25 PM   #565
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Sector 001
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

I don't care about soapboxes. I could care less about the recent, off-topic rant going on in this thread or others like it.
I just want to say the Borg were not weakened by VOYager. They did, however, show the Queen more than perhaps they should have. But no, VOYager did NOt weaken or ruin the Borg as a viable threat to the Federation. No more than TNG did.
CaptainMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 02:35 AM   #566
jpch
Commander
 
jpch's Avatar
 
Location: Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

CaptainMatt wrote: View Post
I don't care about soapboxes. I could care less about the recent, off-topic rant going on in this thread or others like it.
I just want to say the Borg were not weakened by VOYager. They did, however, show the Queen more than perhaps they should have. But no, VOYager did NOt weaken or ruin the Borg as a viable threat to the Federation. No more than TNG did.
yes Matt you are the Voice of reason i agree
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 02:40 AM   #567
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

If they were so weakened and ruined why have they eaten half the Alpha quadrant in the post series novels, LOL.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 10:22 PM   #568
jpch
Commander
 
jpch's Avatar
 
Location: Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

teacake wrote: View Post
If they were so weakened and ruined why have they eaten half the Alpha quadrant in the post series novels, LOL.
the novels are not canon,anyway they didn't seem like the strongest enemies even in TNG.tho they are an amazing well written villains.the threat of the Borg was countered by the Fed like when shelby announces new weapons and defenses vs the Borg in BOBW to be added to the fleet in 2 years...or the DEFIANT project as an anti-Borg ship etc...many new ships were designed with combat ability in mind to counter the Dominion/borg Threats like The Prometheus/Sovereign/Intrepid... the FED learned from its previous mistakes at wolf 359.
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 11:31 PM   #569
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Sector 001
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

And yet they still got their butts kicked in Star Trek: First Contact before Picard turned up to save the day.
CaptainMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2012, 12:04 AM   #570
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

One thing the Borg have going for them is sheer numbers to overwhelm a whole planet. They don't need to precisely destroy anything as destruction is not their agenda. If they rely on numbers they will be weaker when they don't have those numbers available. The Borg "fleet" seen in VOY was very impressive, but these numbers are in the DQ not the AQ. Yet.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
borg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.