Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old February 16 2012, 04:36 PM   #31
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: TV Movies

LtChange wrote: View Post
... And I really think that a mixed crew adventure would work better than an unknown crew, and as much as I would love a Stargazer movie, fact is that returning mayb 6-7 characters from the TNG/DS9/VOY crew wouldn't be as costly as some might think, just think about the fact that some of them don't have any real jobs at all right now, but for a Star Trek fan seeing Harry Kim as Second in Command aboard the Defiant or Titan would be a pretty huge deal. But all remains a fan boy dream as CBS isn't showing moods to bring back Trek where it belongs: to the small screen.
I can think of numerous actors/characters that would be welcomed back: Kira, Odo, Garak, Jeffrey Combs, the EMH from Voyager, Connor Trineer, John Billingsly, a group of Surviving Romulans as regulars, etc. I just don't see Harry Kim as Second in Command generating any excitement from the fans, though.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 07:24 PM   #32
E-DUB
Captain

Three or four mini-series, or TV movies or straight-to vid productions. With the understanding that the one that got the most favorable reception could be the basis for a new series. I would be open as to subject/timeframe but always love to see "lost era" projects.

1. Between now and Cochrane.
2. Between Cochrane and Ent.
3. Between Ent and TOS.
4. Between TOS Movie era and TNG
5. Post Nemesis. (Although quite well covered in Lit.)
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 07:40 PM   #33
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

antiquityscion wrote: View Post
I would watch any post-Nemesis Trek miniseries, if it happened, but I don't think it ever will.

But here are the "dream" scenarios where I would most like to see a Trek Miniseries:

1. Post Enterprise series based, during the Earth- Romulan War, featuring hte crew of the NX-01. I think this would be something that would give that crew the proper send off they deserved, and would make up for These are the Voyages.

2. USS Stargazer series, based around young Captain Picard assuming command

3. Post Nemesis series, based on the Prime universe, after the destruction of Romulus, with a mixed cast including some TNG\DS9\VOY cast members
I would enjoy watching anyone of these ideas. I get the impression that they are not going to happen anytime soon though.
Old February 16 2012, 07:48 PM   #34
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

E-DUB wrote: View Post
Three or four mini-series, or TV movies or straight-to vid productions. With the understanding that the one that got the most favorable reception could be the basis for a new series. I would be open as to subject/timeframe but always love to see "lost era" projects.

1. Between now and Cochrane.
2. Between Cochrane and Ent.
3. Between Ent and TOS.
4. Between TOS Movie era and TNG
5. Post Nemesis. (Although quite well covered in Lit.)
I would love to see option #4. Wrath of Khan uniforms are awesome And the Excelsior/Ambassador class ships are great looking The Lost Era books are filling in this time period somewhat. But there is more back story for a TV show to develop.
Old February 17 2012, 07:36 AM   #35
LtChange
Commander

Sindatur wrote: View Post
... And I really think that a mixed crew adventure would work better than an unknown crew, and as much as I would love a Stargazer movie, fact is that returning mayb 6-7 characters from the TNG/DS9/VOY crew wouldn't be as costly as some might think, just think about the fact that some of them don't have any real jobs at all right now, but for a Star Trek fan seeing Harry Kim as Second in Command aboard the Defiant or Titan would be a pretty huge deal. But all remains a fan boy dream as CBS isn't showing moods to bring back Trek where it belongs: to the small screen.
I can think of numerous actors/characters that would be welcomed back: Kira, Odo, Garak, Jeffrey Combs, the EMH from Voyager, Connor Trineer, John Billingsly, a group of Surviving Romulans as regulars, etc. I just don't see Harry Kim as Second in Command generating any excitement from the fans, though.
It was just an example as Kim didn't get any promotion. But I can think a few more and more significant as well
LtChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2012, 07:54 AM   #36
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Generating excitement among the non-fans is more important for the success of any new incarnation of Star Trek on film or TV than generating excitement among the fans. Surprisingly, this can't be overstated, since the fans in these parts keep forgetting it.
Old February 18 2012, 09:25 PM   #37
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

for a Star Trek fan seeing Harry Kim as Second in Command aboard the Defiant or Titan would be a pretty huge deal.
If that Star Trek fan happens to be Garret Wang, then yes. If not... then I don't really foresee Beatle-mania-type scenes ensuing.
Old February 18 2012, 09:27 PM   #38
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

They're going to have to start over with a whole new cast of characters, mainly of the young and pretty type. Tho I would not be at all adverse to seeing actors like Nana Visitor or Jeffrey Combs again, most likely not reprising old roles.

Star Trek on cable (someplace respectable, eg, not SyFy) could be a prestigious enough name to attract some fairly big name actors. Folks like Kevin Bacon and Dustin Hoffman are making TV now. Let's get Meryl Streep to play an insane Starfleet admiral!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2012, 12:55 PM   #39
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ Admiral Thatcher?
Old February 28 2012, 09:56 AM   #40
xortex
Commodore

I could see TNT doing a sober, tasteful, artistic and serious take on another Trek pre-prequil with a more 2001/The Right Stuff kind of approach assuming there's another Arther C Clarke out there willing to call his thing Star Trek and have it used as a possible back door pilot. Problem with that is the loss of power and control. GR was kicked off of TOS third season so what hope would any showrunner/recreator have of maintaining creative control under such a greedy umbrella's shadow saturated by predatorial hired guns and the slick suits that hire them to do their dirty work?
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2012, 04:14 PM   #41
AviTrek
Fleet Captain

xortex wrote: View Post
I could see TNT doing a sober, tasteful, artistic and serious take on another Trek pre-prequil with a more 2001/The Right Stuff kind of approach assuming there's another Arther C Clarke out there willing to call his thing Star Trek and have it used as a possible back door pilot. Problem with that is the loss of power and control. GR was kicked off of TOS third season so what hope would any showrunner/recreator have of maintaining creative control under such a greedy umbrella's shadow saturated by predatorial hired guns and the slick suits that hire them to do their dirty work?
Let' see, maybe because TV productions are very different in 2012 than they were in 1970. Matt Wiener seems to have no problem staying on Mad Men. Or maybe because a young eager producer just wants to get his show made.

But hey, corporations are evil, so please continue your mindless babbling to bash everything they touch.
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2012, 06:49 PM   #42
xortex
Commodore

That's like saying an evil mindless corperation is going to continue on the work of Beethoven and Irving Swartz and co. are going to carry on the tradition of Beethoven by writing symphonies in his style, etc., etc.. Now that would be bashing Beethoven.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2012, 09:32 PM   #43
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Corporations own Star Trek. Always have, always will. If corporations can't produce anything good, then Star Trek can never be good.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2012, 11:20 PM   #44
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

And, Socrates is mortal!