Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 25 2012, 07:19 PM   #1066
sojourner
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

^Yeah, the long sleeve shirt gag can only go so far.
Old February 25 2012, 07:24 PM   #1067
the G-man
Commodore

Yep. A couple of episodes of hiding, for example, Michael Rooker's arm are going to be hard enough on a show that had to reportedly cut the zombie budget already.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 06:53 AM   #1068
Disruptor
Commodore

Everyone watched the Oscars instead?

Pretty good episode tonight, though one that really didn't resolve anything...except maybe that blonde girl...who was annoying.

Why they hell were they cutting themselves? Rick is getting nutzoid. Walkers are going come to the fence regardless. I notice in movies and tv people cut their hands, too. Just cut the one of the most used parts of your body...great idea. Why not the soles of your feet, too?

A pike or sorts would be better, you have to get close with a knife, you don't want to get close to walkers.

The punk kid is an idiot. "I know Maggie" = "Kill me!" Shane is right, not cuz his ruthlessness is always correct, but because that kid is too stupid to deserved to be saved.

Lots of cast members were absent tonight, didn't afffect much...but it noticable.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 06:56 AM   #1069
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Nobody discussing tonight's episode? Did everyone watch the Oscars instead? Great episode. So--will they end up killing the kid or not? I can't see Rick putting a bullet through his brain. I just can't see it. Not if he isn't directly threatening them.

I can't say, even though her remarks to Lori about Lori were essentially correct, that I agree with Andrea's nonchalant attitude about letting Beth kill herself. Sometimes people are able to come through these things because someone was there preventing them from jumping off a cliff until they could come through. If she has Jimmy, she has a reason to go on. A partner, if you will. Sometimes you have to hold on tight to whatever you have. I understand Maggie telling her to fuck off and get out of the house.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 07:09 AM   #1070
Disruptor
Commodore

I agree. I've never bought into that type of thinking about suicide in real life. Some people have to watched until they realize they have things/people to live for.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 08:17 AM   #1071
sojourner
Admiral

I'm a little hazy, but is Jimmie married to Beth? If so, where the hell was he while she was playing suicide girl?

Lori getting called on her bullshit by Andrea = priceless.

Also, was this one week later? Rick made a comment at the beginning of the episode that sounded as much. If so, are we to believe that punk kid had never talked in that entire time?

This episode was a trainwreck.
Old February 27 2012, 08:18 AM   #1072
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

The tension's getting a bit much, sort of like Sophia, I'm just waiting for this Shane business to come to a head.

And I was checking out some of the actors work on IMDB and well, click this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc&t=3m26s

Last edited by Mr. Adventure; February 27 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 09:03 AM   #1073
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

When Shane was in the bus and he saw Rick and Randall take off in the car I thought "Hey, Shane...how does it feel like to be on the other end of how you think people should deal with things in this new world? Feels good, don't it?".
Old February 27 2012, 04:26 PM   #1074
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

What is the deal with Randall's leg? I thought they cut it off.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 04:31 PM   #1075
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Derishton wrote: View Post
I'd add again that human societies adapting to a zombie apocalypse are actually very nearly the norm right now: there are fewer and fewer films/books about the actual apocalypse, and more and more about how we'd manage to survive. It's a really interesting phenomenon. I only listed a few in the post above, but there's far more than that. The tagline for Walking Dead is something about it taking the end of the world to learn how to live; that alone implies that the series is about survival and adaptation.
I wonder how much of our real life economic disaster plays into people's appetite for fictional disasters and how to adapt and survive?

On topic: I as well that it was a great episode.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 04:31 PM   #1076
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

No, Hershel went in and patched it up, apparently, but there's nerve damage from it being impaled. They were only going to cut it off to get him off the fence because the clock was ticking and walkers getting close.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 04:40 PM   #1077
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
No, Hershel went in and patched it up, apparently, but there's nerve damage from it being impaled. They were only going to cut it off to get him off the fence because the clock was ticking and walkers getting close.
Plus if he's going to be a regular character, the CGI and/or camera tricks to make him the one legged warrior would have been very expensive.
Old February 27 2012, 04:45 PM   #1078
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
I'm a little hazy, but is Jimmie married to Beth? If so, where the hell was he while she was playing suicide girl?

Lori getting called on her bullshit by Andrea = priceless.

Also, was this one week later? Rick made a comment at the beginning of the episode that sounded as much. If so, are we to believe that punk kid had never talked in that entire time?

This episode was a trainwreck.
Train wreck? Are you kidding? Thought it was great.
Old February 27 2012, 05:00 PM   #1079
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

^^ Agreed... Rick has just about had enough and by kicking the crap out of Shane, we can tell that he's the one who actually fighting for something besides himself. I actually didn't hate Lori in this episode, and I liked the fact that she agreed with Andrea (while not agreeing with her methods) regarding the suicide issue.
Old February 27 2012, 05:16 PM   #1080
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

marillion wrote: View Post
^^ Agreed... Rick has just about had enough and by kicking the crap out of Shane, we can tell that he's the one who actually fighting for something besides himself. I actually didn't hate Lori in this episode, and I liked the fact that she agreed with Andrea (while not agreeing with her methods) regarding the suicide issue.
Andrea also had a great point. Why would women automatically be the one's to wash clothes and cook the food? It's sexist to assume that women would automatically fall back into that roll in this situation.