Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old February 20 2012, 04:27 PM   #751
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

This fan film is pretty cool, even including Paragon and Renegade choices.

PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 04:44 PM   #752
Camren
Commodore

ATimson wrote: View Post
Camren wrote: View Post
Speaking of Miranda, it seems she might not be a squad member in ME3, which would be odd considering the emphasis attached to her character in the previous game.
The Alliance isn't exactly going to forgive-and-forget Miranda working for the most notorious terrorist organization in Council space. Shepherd at least has the "I'm a Spectre" excuse, and as we can see in the demo even that seems to have only saved him from summary execution; he's still jailed & awaiting trial...
Well Miranda can join the "good" side by quitting Cerberus at the end of ME2 depending on the choices Shep makes. Also it's known that Cerberus has some level of support within the Alliance military so I'm sure the Alliance would overlook her previous allegiance if it meant stopping the Reapers.
Camren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 05:26 PM   #753
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Miranda is never going to join the Alliance military, it's not her style. The most likely scenario if she leaves Cerberus is that she becomes a free agent or is recruited into some kind of intelligence gathering unit. I could definitely see her as a secret agent, but never as a soldier.

She will make an appearance though, one way or another.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 04:49 AM   #754
throwback
Captain

I will have to say I am a little disappointed that most of the squadmates that I spent so much time in recruiting and gaining their loyalty are pushed to the side for the next game.

I am looking forward to exploration. I like visiting the systems, and reading about the planets and moons. If I had a wish, I would hope that they have more planet models. However, after playing the first two games, I don't expect to see that wish fulfilled.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 05:28 AM   #755
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

throwback wrote: View Post
I will have to say I am a little disappointed that most of the squadmates that I spent so much time in recruiting and gaining their loyalty are pushed to the side for the next game.
Not me. I'm glad to have the old ME1 crew back. The only ones from ME2 I'd really like to see as full companions are Mordin, Legion, Jack, and Grunt. I'm either indifferent towards the rest of the ME2 team, or I just don't like them much.

I'm just happy I'll be able to have my Shepard/Ashley/Garrus squad again.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 07:12 AM   #756
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'm happy to have Ashley back in the squad as well. As long as they bring back Miranda in some capacity they will have done right in ME3.
Old February 22 2012, 12:27 PM   #757
Camren
Commodore

I'm not that partial to the original ME1 squad. Ashley is okay as is Wrex. But I'm totally indifferent to Garrus, Kaidan, Tali and Liara. I found them to be quite dull (although Tali improves in ME2).
I prefer the new crew members from ME2 and it's disappointing none of them will be available as squad members - if the reports are true.
Camren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 02:06 PM   #758
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Well given that any and all of the ME2 squadmates can be killed off in ME2, it's a bit much to expect too many of them to be back as permanent squadmates in ME3. Even as it stands, I imagine anyone who managed to loose Garrus and Tali will be missing out on a fair bit on content when they import their save. Add to that the Ash/Kaiden & Wrex/Wreav situations and that's already quite a bit of redundant memory used up.

Anyone caught the extended version of the cinematic trailer yet?

I like how they've integrated shots from the original 'Big Ben' cinematic.

Oh, and it looks like the daily news thing is coming back, this time on twitter. It's a bit confusing though since there's also a weekly one too.

Last edited by Reverend; February 22 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old February 22 2012, 02:24 PM   #759
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Trubinator wrote: View Post
I'm happy to have Ashley back in the squad as well. As long as they bring back Miranda in some capacity they will have done right in ME3.
Only if I can shoot her.

(I'm trying to decide whether I want to get her and Mordin killed in my import-for-ME3 run of ME2 I'm doing... though I suppose that might be harder now that both are loyal.)

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 02:33 PM   #760
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Get Mordin killed? That, sir, is blasphemy!
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 03:17 PM   #761
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Get Mordin killed? That, sir, is blasphemy!
He deserves it, for what he did to Wrex and Grunt.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
Old February 22 2012, 03:23 PM   #762
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Trubinator wrote: View Post
Only if I can shoot her.

(I'm trying to decide whether I want to get her and Mordin killed in my import-for-ME3 run of ME2 I'm doing... though I suppose that might be harder now that both are loyal.)
You can definitely get a loyal Mordin killed, simply by sending him into the vent. A loyal Miranda on the other hand is surprisingly difficult to kill. I think you'd pretty much have to leave her to hold the line all on her lonesome, which would also require killing just about everyone else.

If you're desperate then you could always reload a save from before her loyalty mission, or just used the gibbed save editor to make her disloyal again...actually, have you done Jack's mission yet? If not, then all you need do is take Jack side in their little catfight and pick Miranda as a squadmate for the final boss.
Old February 22 2012, 03:49 PM   #763
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
...actually, have you done Jack's mission yet?
Unfortunately at this point I've done everything except a half-dozen N7 missions, and Legion/the relay.

Old February 22 2012, 03:52 PM   #764
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

I will be disappointed if Zaeed doesn't show up . . . he's a total BA
Old February 22 2012, 05:38 PM   #765
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
...actually, have you done Jack's mission yet?
Unfortunately at this point I've done everything except a half-dozen N7 missions, and Legion/the relay.
Then I'm pretty sure you're stuck with her. While it is possible to kill off some loyal sqaudmates, I don't think it's possible to kill off enough for Miranda to be killed holding the line.

On the up side, at least you can do away with Mordin if you like.