Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 21 2012, 12:50 AM   #1246
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
syberghost wrote: View Post

You get to sunrise the same way you do in the real world; wait.

Bajor has new game tech.
I know that. The forklift truck only gets me on that one building.
The catwalk then gets me to the sunset side.
However, I have no clue how to get to the opposite edge of the city in order to watch the sunrise from there.
you don't... go to the edge of the building and watch it... the rendering will disappear from most angles and you get a clear view of it.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 01:18 AM   #1247
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Ayelbourne wrote: View Post

You get to sunrise the same way you do in the real world; wait.

Bajor has new game tech.
I know that. The forklift truck only gets me on that one building.
The catwalk then gets me to the sunset side.
However, I have no clue how to get to the opposite edge of the city in order to watch the sunrise from there.
you don't... go to the edge of the building and watch it... the rendering will disappear from most angles and you get a clear view of it.
Yep. Like so:

Also, planking in Hathon!
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 04:11 AM   #1248
CorporalClegg
Admiral

I have an in-game stalker.
Old February 21 2012, 04:14 AM   #1249
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
I have an in-game stalker.
Seriously? If so, have you put them on ignore and reported them?
Do you need me to show up in game and beat the crap out of them?
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 04:21 AM   #1250
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Sure.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the person's name. The character's name was Ahsoka spelled wrong, but I forgot to write down the handle.

And never actually said anything to me just put me on follow, and when I changed zones, they'd somehow find me and do it again. After about the third time I confronted them, but got no reply. Eventually I just got mad and logged out.
Old February 21 2012, 10:14 AM   #1251
Rocketeer
Captain

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Sure.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the person's name. The character's name was Ahsoka spelled wrong, but I forgot to write down the handle.

And never actually said anything to me just put me on follow, and when I changed zones, they'd somehow find me and do it again. After about the third time I confronted them, but got no reply. Eventually I just got mad and logged out.
Try putting them on ignore, then changing instances. That seems to work in other games. You can also change your privacy settings so that only friends can see you.

If you see me online while they're stalking you, give me a shout. If nothing else, I'll blast them with tribbles.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 01:05 PM   #1252
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

An in-game stalker? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Let us know if it happens when we're online. I can understand how frustrating that must have been.

I must say I had a rather good weekend, stf loot wise. Picked up my first piece of mk XI Maco ground gear (for 40 edc's), got the mk XII Maco space shields and deflector, and a Mk XI Maco ship shield (before I got the mk XII). Now I have to grind the Cure space elite stf to complete the set with Mk XII Maco impulse engine.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 01:08 PM   #1253
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

sonn wrote: View Post
Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Trek wrote:

I've been looking over the F2P matrix trying to work out if it's better to keep subscribing or just go free. What's stopping me really is the veteran rewards (particularly the loss of the Veteran ship token, although both toons that would need it so have an unused Bortas each).

The inventory and bank slots are an issue too (it would cost several monthly's subs to replace them on all my toons), but the respec isn't really an issue as I don't use them that much.

Yeah, most of my chars have the Odyssey or Bortas, but not everyone is an Engineer.

Does anyone know if you actually lose bank/inventory slots? Based on what I've read on the F2P FAQ, it doesn't look like they would be taken away. I'd like to talk with someone that has converted from active subscriber to f2p to see how it affected them.

I've come back since its gone F2P and I've still got all my inventory/bank slots from before.

I haven't noticed any big differences since I've come back other then not getting a VA ship token. Only time I've been in a queue was on Saturday after the new FE came out.
Bird of Prey wrote: View Post
An in-game stalker? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Let us know if it happens when we're online. I can understand how frustrating that must have been.

I must say I had a rather good weekend, stf loot wise. Picked up my first piece of mk XI Maco ground gear (for 40 edc's), got the mk XII Maco space shields and deflector, and a Mk XI Maco ship shield (before I got the mk XII). Now I have to grind the Cure space elite stf to complete the set with Mk XII Maco impulse engine.
You got 2 Prototype techs already?
Did you bribe Gozer or something?
Old February 21 2012, 02:23 PM   #1254
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

sonn wrote: View Post
Rocketeer wrote: View Post

Yeah, most of my chars have the Odyssey or Bortas, but not everyone is an Engineer.

Does anyone know if you actually lose bank/inventory slots? Based on what I've read on the F2P FAQ, it doesn't look like they would be taken away. I'd like to talk with someone that has converted from active subscriber to f2p to see how it affected them.

I've come back since its gone F2P and I've still got all my inventory/bank slots from before.

I haven't noticed any big differences since I've come back other then not getting a VA ship token. Only time I've been in a queue was on Saturday after the new FE came out.

If so how much should you bribe him for.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 02:55 PM   #1255
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
5,000,000 energy credits and some blood wine. I guess it was just luck. I only ran about 7 STF's over the past 4 days, and I picked up 2 prototype and 1 rare tech (along with some rare salvage that got me MkXII ship weapons). They weren't kidding when the devs said they increased the drop rate for STF loot. I hope my luck holds out and I can get the engine prototype tech from the Cure without having to repeat it too much. Perhaps a few fleet runs are in order?

For the most part, I was in STF's with some PUGs, so it became a bit of a grind - but the rewards were worth it. After getting the second MACO XII component, I ran Infected space normal to test it out and we had it finished in under 15 minutes. It was the quickest I have ever done that STF with a random group of people.
Old February 21 2012, 03:14 PM   #1256
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

There is one thing about STF looting that I have come to be annoyed about and that is the Need or Greed system which means I can see an EDC or Rare or Prototype drop, but I can't get the drop unless I have the better roll.
Old February 21 2012, 03:28 PM   #1257
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

There is one thing about STF looting that I have come to be annoyed about and that is the Need or Greed system which means I can see an EDC or Rare or Prototype drop, but I can't get the drop unless I have the better roll.
I've never seen a prototype drop in the need/greed loot - only EDC's and other tech (and lock boxes... so many lock boxes). The prototypes I received were all in the individual loot drops at the end of the mission.
Old February 21 2012, 04:01 PM   #1258
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I've never seen a prototype drop in the need/greed loot - only EDC's and other tech (and lock boxes... so many lock boxes). The prototypes I received were all in the individual loot drops at the end of the mission.
Well I haven't seen a protoype in the need/greed loot, I was in a pug that managed to get the optional on Cure normal and in the loot thing was a rare tech, WHCIH I DIDN'T GET
Old February 21 2012, 04:18 PM   #1259
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

If you're planning to bribe Gozer, he likes hand-made gifts a lot. Especially if they involve Klingons in some manner.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 04:50 PM   #1260
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

If you're planning to bribe Gozer, he likes hand-made gifts a lot. Especially if they involve Klingons in some manner.
One of these days you must pm me your actual connection to Cryptic. I will keep it completely confidential of course and only exploit it for completely selfish reaso.. I mean, no way would I exploit that.