Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 6 2011, 11:12 AM   #1696
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Yeah, was wondering if it was just me. The weird thing is, it seems to happen in particular spots. Your treehouse station for instance. I have trouble getting down that ladder due to the hatch.
Yeah, I had trouble with that one too and ended up just breaking it off. The glitch is sporatic though, so I replaced it later. Feel free to take your pick to it if it gets to be a pain.

I've also run into it in the underground chamber at the town square, and even the shutters at the cactus tree farm (which now has a stop and a branch line to my tree).
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; December 7 2011 at 03:27 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2011, 08:13 PM   #1697
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I wonder what's causing it? We haven't had trouble with them until recently.

Oh and I noticed the new stop. Took a ride on it and noticed it was another one to your house
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2011, 09:58 PM   #1698
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

If anything is causing the glitch, it would be the test build we're running. I intend to try to upgrade it tonight, although it's going to be touch-and-go since we still don't have a recommended Bukkit build.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2011, 05:35 AM   #1699
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

SHEEP FANS REJOICE!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/3...ased/#comments
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old December 9 2011, 07:38 AM   #1700
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Well hell, that might make sheep farming more efficient. What I'm not clear on is if you grow wheat in their pen and they eat it, making the cycle more automatic, or if you have to feed them wheat manually.

Btw, do note blocks work anymore? One thing I've noticed while taking a ride on the rail is that it no longer chimes like it used to.
Old December 9 2011, 08:51 AM   #1701
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Well hell, that might make sheep farming more efficient. What I'm not clear on is if you grow wheat in their pen and they eat it, making the cycle more automatic, or if you have to feed them wheat manually.

Btw, do note blocks work anymore? One thing I've noticed while taking a ride on the rail is that it no longer chimes like it used to.
Dunno about wheat. We'll have to wait for the official update I guess.

I think one of the updates changed the physics of redstone. I'll need to go digging and see whats going on under the stations.
Old December 19 2011, 03:05 AM   #1702
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

With Christmas right around the corner, I decided to look for a Christmas themed texture pack. I found two. The current one I'm using now is HerrSommer - A Christmas Carol, which can be seen in Yogcast. It can be found here:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/textu...ristmas-carol/

Of course, if anyone prefers the default, someone's made a festive variation of that too:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...now-festivity/
Old January 13 2012, 02:00 AM   #1703
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

And the updates continue with 1.1.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/

No need to ever kill a sheep again.

Of course now to wait for the Bukkit update. Which I sppose is okay. I've been needign to go into my SP maps and update them with all the new features.
Old February 20 2012, 04:10 AM   #1704
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I came across this today and thought some of you might be interested. There's a guy creating 1:1 scale models of ships from Star Trek with fully explorable interiors using the official deck plans. They're not perfect, although that's to be expected given Minecraft's blocky nature, and most of the rooms are empty, but all of the important areas are detailed. An incredible amount of work has gone into these and they really give a proper sense of just how massive these ships are, even a small ship like the Defiant feels like a giant 3D labyrinth.

Constitution class
Defiant class
Intrepid class
All Atrocities' Ships

Sadly, there's no Galaxy class, but given the scale of that ship that would probably be asking for too much.
Old February 20 2012, 06:59 PM   #1705
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Well, there is this...
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 04:44 AM   #1706
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Looking at those makes my head hurt. It took me a week just to do a simple airship.
Old February 21 2012, 05:38 AM   #1707
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Just started playing again for the first time in several weeks. God, but I had forgotten how cathartic it could be just to survive the first night in a new world. Glad to be back
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 04:25 PM   #1708
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Looking at those makes my head hurt. It took me a week just to do a simple airship.
Yeah, but they build all those crazy things in creative mode, with some help from mods. It's much more work to build stuff like that in survival mode with no blueprint mods!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 04:28 PM   #1709
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
^Well, there is this...
That's an amazing piece of work, but you can't download it because it was built in the old creative mode, so you can't add stripper poles to the bridge.

Itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
Just started playing again for the first time in several weeks. God, but I had forgotten how cathartic it could be just to survive the first night in a new world. Glad to be back
I haven't played the game properly since 1.8 came out, but a few weeks ago I decided to give one of Vechs' Super Hostile maps a try and that was a fun challenge.
Old February 21 2012, 11:46 PM   #1710
Iasius
Rear Admiral

I've been playing with Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders lately. It's renewed my interest in Minecraft mostly by how unbelievably pretty it is now.

That said, I've recently upgraded to an i5 2.5k and an nvidia 560 and I get about 40 fps. Talk about taxing your system!