Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 19 2012, 03:12 AM   #931
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

just five episodes left for this season. good news is that it has been picked up for a third and with an extra 16 episode which would make it the longest season yet for the WD & amc. awesome..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2012, 03:19 AM   #932
Dream
Admiral

timothy wrote: View Post
just five episodes left for this season. good news is that it has been picked up for a third and with an extra 16 episode which would make it the longest season yet for the WD & amc. awesome..
I'm just glad AMC has decided not to rip of TWD fans, by splitting the second season into two dvd sets like what SyFy did with BSG.
Old February 19 2012, 05:40 AM   #933
the G-man
Commodore

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
All the nice Latino lads and nurses who stayed behind in Atlanta to look after the elderly people at that nursing home/hospital are in for a nasty surprise...

Yeah, I've been thinking that ever since we saw them in that nursing home. But, as others have noted, there seems to be exceptions to the 'everyone becomes a zombie' rule so I'm not sure it's going to be a problem.

But speaking of people who might become a zombie, one thing has been bugging me about last week's episode, namely, that Hershel's daughter (the one who isn't Maggie) is attacked by a zombie, later collapses, is burning up with fever and no one seems to be even considering that possibility she got bit?
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2012, 06:28 AM   #934
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure that someone mentioned that she had no scratches.
Old February 19 2012, 06:52 AM   #935
the G-man
Commodore

Possibly. I didn't hear it if they did. At the same time, however, she was fully clothed and wearing (I think) socks and shoes. You'd think theyd be checking every inch of her for a bite just to be safe, given her symptoms.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2012, 03:04 PM   #936
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain

timothy wrote: View Post
Good news, unless they waste 10 of those extra 16 episodes dragging out 1 episode's worth of storyline.
Old February 20 2012, 12:30 AM   #937
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I'm confused. is it getting 16 episodes total for next season or 16 episodes more than it had for this season next season?
Old February 20 2012, 12:40 AM   #938
Dream
Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
I'm confused. is it getting 16 episodes total for next season or 16 episodes more than it had for this season next season?
16 episodes total next season

It originally had 13 episodes
Old February 20 2012, 02:23 AM   #939
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Ah, so Timmie meant to say 3 extra episodes.
Old February 20 2012, 04:39 AM   #940
Disruptor
Commodore

Tonight's episode SPOILERS

Kudos to Rick and co. picking up the dead guys' guns and ammo.

Hershell mans up while Glenn mans down.

Suddenly the town is crawling with walkers...they must lie dormant until guns are fired...how video gamey.

Shane's white lie to Lori made sense, and we all know it.

Daryl being a dick....meh.

They had to set up another ethical crisis, didn't they? Thanks, Rick!

Lori whispering negative things in Rick's ear like some seductive siren...made me laugh.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 05:23 AM   #941
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Well, the 2 Rick killed in the bar didn't reanimate, so there goes the "everyone has the virus" idea.

Shane lying to Lori was awesome. I think almost everyone would have done the same thing.

I really think Lori is the root of all contention. Kill her and Shane will be "right as rain".

ETA: Oh yeah, "Hey everyone, I think Lori's missing. We need to search the farm!". Um, yeah maybe she took that Ford Taurus that's been missing since noon.

Last edited by sojourner; February 20 2012 at 06:48 AM.
sojourner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 06:58 AM   #942
Caliburn24
Commodore

Fantastic first half to the episode, plodding heavy handed character drama in the second half.

Was it wrong that I wanted the girl at the farm to wake up as a zombie and chow down on all the female characters on the show?

If it were just the male characters tromping about together as a band of brothers the writers wouldn't have the means to create such contrived drama.
Caliburn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 06:58 AM   #943
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Not everyone reanimates quickly. It took Amy all night long and into the morning before she came back as a walker. The guys in the bar may well stagger back to life.

Actually, Lori plotting against Shane is the first thing she's done that makes sense. It may be sneaky and underhanded, but she isn't that far out in left field to be worried about Shane's possessiveness. And he did leave Otis behind to die a horrible death. Shane's a ticking time bomb. Still, they needed a different actress for Lori. Another actress would have elicited more sympathy. I like the actresses for Andrea, Maggie and Carol. I didn't feel the Carol/Daryl scenes were "meh." She gets him. After all the abuse she took from Ed, Daryl lashing out for more understandable reasons is a piece of cake for Carol with the shitty life she's had. I like Daryl, even though he was being a mouthy mofo.

Also, appropos of nothing, with the whole group of them there in the house and concerned about whatshername who's sick....it's not entirely unrealistic that they wouldn't have noticed one of the cars was gone.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 07:40 AM   #944
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Well, the 2 Rick killed in the bar didn't reanimate, so there goes the "everyone has the virus" idea.
They were shot in the head. Hasn't the show established that keeps them down? Suddenly I can't remember.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 09:14 AM   #945
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post

Also, appropos of nothing, with the whole group of them there in the house and concerned about whatshername who's sick....it's not entirely unrealistic that they wouldn't have noticed one of the cars was gone.
It's unrealistic that a paranoid like Shane didn't notice it. Or for any of them to notice it first thing when they started looking for her.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
They were shot in the head. Hasn't the show established that keeps them down? Suddenly I can't remember.
Were they shot in the head? pretty sure the fat one died pretty slowly for a head shot.