RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,056
Posts: 5,431,562
Members: 24,924
Currently online: 612
Newest member: luisgarcia

TrekToday headlines

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

View Poll Results: Rate Cast No Shadow.
Outstanding 20 32.79%
Above Average 31 50.82%
Average 9 14.75%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 28 2011, 05:43 PM   #91
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Really loved this, I voted Outstanding.

One thing I might have missed:

__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2011, 03:23 AM   #92
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Mage wrote: View Post
Really loved this, I voted Outstanding.

One thing I might have missed:

Google it!:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22reindeer+flotilla%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2011, 11:06 AM   #93
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post
Really loved this, I voted Outstanding.

One thing I might have missed:

Google it!:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%2...ient=firefox-a



Cool, thanks for explaining that part, but what I ment was:

__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 02:31 PM   #94
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Mage wrote: View Post
Really loved this, I voted Outstanding.
I loved it too and also voted outstanding Great back story and follow up to a movie I enjoyed.
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 08:26 PM   #95
WarsTrek1993
Captain
 
Location: The Final Frontier, TX
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

I liked it a lot! Great sequel to TUC, I liked a lot of the detective work that went on, and Elias Vaughn is always a badass!
Plus I like seeing Sulu take the Excelsior out for a ride, even if it is only a few pages.

Oh, and I absolutely love this bit:

"Next time, Elias, write a goddamn memo!" Especially since The Hunt For Red October is my favorite Clancy book/Movie.
WarsTrek1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 10:26 PM   #96
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

WarsTrek1993 wrote: View Post
I liked it a lot! Great sequel to TUC, I liked a lot of the detective work that went on, and Elias Vaughn is always a badass!
Plus I like seeing Sulu take the Excelsior out for a ride, even if it is only a few pages.

Oh, and I absolutely love this bit:

"Next time, Elias, write a goddamn memo!" Especially since The Hunt For Red October is my favorite Clancy book/Movie.
Agreed, Elias Vaughn is a great character Nice to see how he got his feet wet with SI.
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 01:30 AM   #97
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Have you read Serpents Among the Ruins, and The Art of the Impossible yet? They also both deal with Vaughn's history.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 01:38 AM   #98
WarsTrek1993
Captain
 
Location: The Final Frontier, TX
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

JD wrote: View Post
Have you read Serpents Among the Ruins, and The Art of the Impossible yet? They also both deal with Vaughn's history.
I have, indeed! Serpents is one of my favorite Star Trek novels, actually! Art of The Impossible is also a damn fine book.
WarsTrek1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 09:48 AM   #99
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

JD wrote: View Post
Have you read Serpents Among the Ruins, and The Art of the Impossible yet? They also both deal with Vaughn's history.
Yes, I have read and enjoyed them both too. The Lost Era books are great. Is there a review thread for the series?
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 10:26 AM   #100
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Patrick O'Brien wrote: View Post
Yes, I have read and enjoyed them both too. The Lost Era books are great. Is there a review thread for the series?
Ha! If there was, I'm sure that it's long since gone to thread heaven.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 01:16 PM   #101
James Swallow
Writer
 
James Swallow's Avatar
 
Location: UK
View James Swallow's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

WarsTrek1993 wrote: View Post
Oh, and I absolutely love this bit: "Next time, Elias, write a goddamn memo!" Especially since The Hunt For Red October is my favorite Clancy book/Movie.
Glad you guys liked the book. The whole "Elias Vaughn as Jack Ryan" moment was quite deliberate!
James Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2012, 01:27 AM   #102
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

James Swallow wrote: View Post
WarsTrek1993 wrote: View Post
Oh, and I absolutely love this bit: "Next time, Elias, write a goddamn memo!" Especially since The Hunt For Red October is my favorite Clancy book/Movie.
Glad you guys liked the book. The whole "Elias Vaughn as Jack Ryan" moment was quite deliberate!
Nice touch! Thanks for a great book I look forward to your next one
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2012, 11:45 AM   #103
Relayer1
Commodore
 
Relayer1's Avatar
 
Location: The Black Country, England
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

I liked this A LOT !

Do you think we will see Valeris again ? Any ideas for a follow up James ?
__________________
Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...
Relayer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2012, 12:40 PM   #104
James Swallow
Writer
 
James Swallow's Avatar
 
Location: UK
View James Swallow's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

Patrick O'Brien wrote: View Post
Nice touch! Thanks for a great book I look forward to your next one
Thanks.

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Do you think we will see Valeris again ? Any ideas for a follow up James ?
No plans to revisit Valeris at present; but she's out in the world after CNS, and Vulcans live a long time...
James Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2012, 02:32 PM   #105
Relayer1
Commodore
 
Relayer1's Avatar
 
Location: The Black Country, England
Re: Star Trek: Cast No Shadow Review Thread

James Swallow wrote: View Post
Patrick O'Brien wrote: View Post
Nice touch! Thanks for a great book I look forward to your next one
Thanks.

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Do you think we will see Valeris again ? Any ideas for a follow up James ?
No plans to revisit Valeris at present; but she's out in the world after CNS, and Vulcans live a long time...
Fingers crossed then !

Off on a tangent, in one of the other threads I raised an idea re the feasability of one of the convention groups getting some Trek authors together in the UK. For a start there's you, David A. McIntee and Una McCormack - are there any more British authors ? If we could get a couple of Americans too we would be in business...

Have you ever been approached and would you be interested ?

Are there any readers out there who would come ?
__________________
Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...
Relayer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
reviewpoll_v1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.