RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,584
Posts: 5,515,274
Members: 25,156
Currently online: 516
Newest member: jerrlaro

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 15 2012, 04:24 AM   #886
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

^I watched the encore showing, which had the previews right after.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 12:29 PM   #887
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
That scene made me laugh. You'd think after the zombie apocalypse, you'd be able to take your eyes off the road for two seconds, but nooo...
Problem is: you hit a zombie, but so what? No guilt, don't even bother to swerve. Crash into it and don't bother looking back. Reaction to hitting a human shouldn't be the same as a zombie. If anything that's good, one less wandering around. Sure, wrecked the windshield, but not a huge problem that requires swerving and flipping the car...
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 01:31 PM   #888
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain
 
Silent_Bob's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

The latest episode was pretty good.

My main criticism though is that we should have had this about 3 episodes into Season 2. After the repetitive "angst" over looking for Sophia,the endless "We have to leave the farm. Wait no we don't. No hang on we do, and its definite this time. No my mistake, we can still stay" drama, the second half of season 2 is having to rebuild momentum pretty much from scratch.

And if they drag out the car crash like they did searching for Sophia, i doubt i'll bother watching season 3.
__________________
"Does the cold of deep space make your nipples go pointy Bowie? Do you use your pointy nipples as telescopic antennae to transmit data back to Earth? I bet you do, you freaky old bastard you"
Silent_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 04:01 PM   #889
Lookingglassman
Admiral
 
Lookingglassman's Avatar
 
Location: America
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Its about time they ramped up the action. I was sick of all the "Green Acres" drama.
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 04:33 PM   #890
AviTrek
Fleet Captain
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
That scene made me laugh. You'd think after the zombie apocalypse, you'd be able to take your eyes off the road for two seconds, but nooo...
Problem is: you hit a zombie, but so what? No guilt, don't even bother to swerve. Crash into it and don't bother looking back. Reaction to hitting a human shouldn't be the same as a zombie. If anything that's good, one less wandering around. Sure, wrecked the windshield, but not a huge problem that requires swerving and flipping the car...
Its a reflex reaction. You hit something that looks like a human you react like you think it's a human. It's not a video game where your mind has already been trained to think about hitting zombies.
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 05:01 PM   #891
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Kinda hard to really say that, though. They've had at least a few months of Zombie Appocolypse, so gotta think some of the old reactions are being replaced at this point.

Not sure why she was looking at a map while driving, as opposed to checking it out before she left, so she could be prepared for potential zombie attacks, though. or why she was so worried about it on what appeared to be a straight road without a decison point coming up anytime soon. Plus, it's rural Georgia, I can't imagine there are THAT many turns you'd have to make to go from the farm to a small town center.
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 05:16 PM   #892
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

I finally had an opportunity to watch "Nebraska" today, and I'm pretty much in agreement with most of the opinions expressed so far. A good episode, with a great performance from Scott Wilson in particular.

As Caliburn24 suggested, I would expect Lori's idiotic drive was meant to set up her capture by Dave's group (who, by the way, I am disappointed appeared so briefly in this episode - I would've loved to see Michael Raymond-James around for at least one full episode).
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 05:18 PM   #893
Derishton
Vice Admiral
 
Derishton's Avatar
 
Location: Nova Scotia (Derishton)
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

I don't know if it has been a few months: maybe two from the moment of Rick's coma to now? The whole season has had one of the usual zombie genre themes worked into it, which is how we deal with things that look and were human. The differences between Shane's slaughter of Herschel's zombified loved ones and his inability to kill Sophia makes no sense without that tension. Neither does the power of the moment when Rick can do it (and how that bears on the casual way he can now kill living humans, as opposed to the care he took with Sophia).

So while I agree that this Lori is dumb as a bag of hammers, her instinctive reaction to a figure on the road is part of this tension (and further, isn't driving so rooted in a kind of mental programming which means the body reacts before the brain sometimes?).
__________________
I want to be sedated.
Derishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:00 PM   #894
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Not sure of the exact timeline, maybe there was something in the logs from the CDC in season 1 that said how long he'd been working on the problem? Not 100% on how long between zombie ground zero and when Rick woke up, as well. It's implied that it went on for a while, that he's missed at least a couple weeks or something, but not sure exactly. Lori has those extra few weeks' experience, too.

Biggest thing that implies decent time passing is the total lack of other people. If this was more recent, there would still be a lot more survivors wandering around. Maybe they wouldn't last, but even at the two month mark, there should be more people around still. We haven't seen more than a couple dozen since the show started, and Atlanta was a pretty heavily-populated area. Yeah, might also mean the zombie-ism spreads faster, but more chances to run off, as well.

Agree with the overall point that in stress, she's going to fall back on the 35-40? years' experience with NOT hitting people rather than the more recent 'zombies are fair game' lessons. It just makes her character more unlikable, though. At some point in a zombie appocolypse, it's time to leave the old shit behind, sack up, or die.
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:14 PM   #895
wissaboo
Captain
 
wissaboo's Avatar
 
Location: canada
View wissaboo's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Derishton wrote: View Post
I don't know if it has been a few months: maybe two from the moment of Rick's coma to now? The whole season has had one of the usual zombie genre themes worked into it, which is how we deal with things that look and were human. The differences between Shane's slaughter of Herschel's zombified loved ones and his inability to kill Sophia makes no sense without that tension. Neither does the power of the moment when Rick can do it (and how that bears on the casual way he can now kill living humans, as opposed to the care he took with Sophia).

So while I agree that this Lori is dumb as a bag of hammers, her instinctive reaction to a figure on the road is part of this tension (and further, isn't driving so rooted in a kind of mental programming which means the body reacts before the brain sometimes?).

it's been 12 days since rick woke up from his coma.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:25 PM   #896
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

^unconfirmed.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:27 PM   #897
wissaboo
Captain
 
wissaboo's Avatar
 
Location: canada
View wissaboo's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

of course. But over christmas I watched every episode but one and tracked the days.


day 1
rick wakes up spends night with man and his son


day 2
Rick goes to atlanta meets glen and group. Returns to camp

day3
they go back to atlanta to look for merle. Come back to camp and it is being overrun with walkers

day4
they decide to go to the cdc

day 5
break camp and head out, get to cdc that night

day 6
cdc blows up


season premiere rick says they lost another member of their group the day before last.


day 8
hit traffic jam, herd passes through, lose sophia

day 9
begin search again, carl gets shot, head to farm, Shane shoots otis

day 10
zombie in the well, glen and farmers daughter head to town, daryl looks for sophia alone, lori is pregnant

rick says this is the 3rd day the girl is missing.

missing the next episdoe
but I think it's one more day
shane and andrea do the nasty and andrea discovers her inner klingon, dale tells hershel that they know about the barn, lori tells rick she's pregnant and about her and shane, maggie and glen go to town to get morning after pills and maggie tells glen they treat him like walker bait

day 12
shand and hershel take walkers for a walk, daryl calls carol a stupid bitch and apolagizes, shane opens the barn
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:41 PM   #898
Nociod
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Norway
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Of course it’s stupid to try to check Otis’s body, and the chances of finding anything conclusive is low, but Lori is just that, stupid.

It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever that she absolutely had to get Hershel, none whatsoever. Guess you guys are right in that it doesn’t make any sense to go to a known <walker> area where a known “walker-catcher” got killed and Shane barely got away, but I don’t know. Nothing makes any sense when it comes to Lori.

Here’s another interesting idea. What if she gets turned, and her kid has to shoot her down? That would be a moment that really makes that kid cold
Nociod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 07:11 PM   #899
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

wissaboo wrote: View Post
missing the next episdoe
but I think it's one more day
shane and andrea do the nasty and andrea discovers her inner klingon, dale tells hershel that they know about the barn, lori tells rick she's pregnant and about her and shane, maggie and glen go to town to get morning after pills and maggie tells glen they treat him like walker bait

day 12
shand and hershel take walkers for a walk, daryl calls carol a stupid bitch and apolagizes, shane opens the barn
The problem with your time line is it's unclear how long it takes Carl to recover from his gunshot wound.

One day he's laying in the bed recovering and the next he's learning to shoot with Shane, seemingly fully recovered from his injuries.

Presumably it would take more than a day or two after having major surgery to be back on his feet and 100%.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 07:23 PM   #900
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral
 
Vendikarr's Avatar
 
Location: Vendikarr
Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

DarthTom wrote: View Post
wissaboo wrote: View Post
missing the next episdoe
but I think it's one more day
shane and andrea do the nasty and andrea discovers her inner klingon, dale tells hershel that they know about the barn, lori tells rick she's pregnant and about her and shane, maggie and glen go to town to get morning after pills and maggie tells glen they treat him like walker bait

day 12
shand and hershel take walkers for a walk, daryl calls carol a stupid bitch and apolagizes, shane opens the barn
The problem with your time line is it's unclear how long it takes Carl to recover from his gunshot wound.

One day he's laying in the bed recovering and the next he's learning to shoot with Shane, seemingly fully recovered from his injuries.

Presumably it would take more than a day or two after having major surgery to be back on his feet and 100%.
Not a lot of time passed, but more than a day. My guess was a week. Yes, an improbably amount of time to heal from a gunshot, but this is television we're talking about.
__________________
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
frank darabont, horror, robert kirkman, the walking dead, twd, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.