RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,701
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 411
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 12 2012, 12:23 PM   #1096
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Preferable to you strawmanning my arguments, or just repeating the company line, I suppose. Just admitting you aren't reading the post at all has gotta be an improvement over you ignoring the majority of the post in order to nitpick a minor point instead. Skipped the substance of several points in order to nitpick the average join date of the posts in the thread...

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2012, 03:45 PM   #1097
Scout101
Admiral

As far as not getting credit for the FE, here's the tip I've learned through 2 years of buggy programming: Once you think you've completed the mission, DON'T LEAVE THE SYSTEM! OPS will try and get you to warp out, but don't do it. if the mission box in the right now says 'report to starfleet' or whatever, go into your missions, find the green checkbox, and turn it in. THEN you can leave the system with your credit. In theory, if there was any customer support, that would be a good place to call in a GM and show them you were finsihed and not getting credit, but we know that takes days, not instant help as advertised.

I used to not get credit on occasion, opened tickets, and eventually they agreed I had completed them, but that they didn't have the power to award me the mission completion anyway, so maybe I should try dropping the mission and starting over. Thanks for the help, guys!

Reason I didn't try this at first on the FE is that I thought there might be more when you get dropped in Bajor. Not sure why the mission completes in the DS9 system and it still makes you go to Bajor, though. Functionality-wise, doesn't make sense, as the mission is complete before that. Eithe warp out to sector space, or give me something to do in Bajor. Along those lines, IN-Universe, why would Bajor be a safe rally point? Shouldn't they get out of the solar system? 2800 enemy ships in the system, and their big rally point is about 5 minutes away at low impulse?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2012, 07:15 PM   #1098
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Milestone achievement: Veteran MACO ground set costume unlocked. It comes with a shield heal/resist and a near instant weapons remodulator build in.
No more 5 second drop out of battle and no weapon swaps! Yay!
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2012, 08:20 PM   #1099
Scout101
Admiral

Mk XI, I assume? Still, very nice. I've gotten 1 recruit level drop on the ground (shield), and one space Elite drop (also shield), and that's about it. Assuming i'll never beat Cure Ground enough for the Mk XII set unless they tweak the boss, so been saving the chips towards the Mk XI ground set, and I'll take my chances on the space elite gear...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old February 12 2012, 08:30 PM   #1100
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Mk XI, I assume? Still, very nice. I've gotten 1 recruit level drop on the ground (shield), and one space Elite drop (also shield), and that's about it. Assuming i'll never beat Cure Ground enough for the Mk XII set unless they tweak the boss, so been saving the chips towards the Mk XI ground set, and I'll take my chances on the space elite gear...
That's what I've been doing. Saving up the data chips for the Mk XI MACO ground gear, and hoping for MK XII drops in the elite space missions. I still have a long way to go, with only 25 data chips so far.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2012, 08:49 PM   #1101
Scout101
Admiral

Sucks the parts don't play together, though. If you got two of the Mk XI parts, and got a Mk XII drop, doesn't make a set.

Honestly, the Prototype Salvage is the most frustrating. 2 Rare Salvage chips get you any Mk XI part (non-set) in the store. 1 Prototype Salvage gets you a Mk XII, which you can't otherwise get. I'd rather the Prototype Salvage be able to be used towards the Mk XII sets, honestly. Even if it took 2 to get one set piece. It would be a 'wild card' that lets you make up for the crappy drop rates, and if you just can't beat, say, Cure Space Elite often enough to get the drops, and are better at Infected or KA, more runs of the other one would still let you complete a set eventually...
Old February 12 2012, 08:55 PM   #1102
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Sucks the parts don't play together, though. If you got two of the Mk XI parts, and got a Mk XII drop, doesn't make a set.

Honestly, the Prototype Salvage is the most frustrating. 2 Rare Salvage chips get you any Mk XI part (non-set) in the store. 1 Prototype Salvage gets you a Mk XII, which you can't otherwise get. I'd rather the Prototype Salvage be able to be used towards the Mk XII sets, honestly. Even if it took 2 to get one set piece. It would be a 'wild card' that lets you make up for the crappy drop rates, and if you just can't beat, say, Cure Space Elite often enough to get the drops, and are better at Infected or KA, more runs of the other one would still let you complete a set eventually...
I like that idea.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2012, 09:43 PM   #1103
Scout101
Admiral

Otherwise, it means that if you have trouble with one mission (through your own fault, or poor mission design, like both halves of Cure), you'll never get the set, and not to bother.

At least with the wild card, you can beat 2 out of 3, and then go at one of those again to try and pick up a 3rd.
Old February 12 2012, 09:49 PM   #1104
Rocketeer
Captain

As far as not getting credit for the FE, here's the tip I've learned through 2 years of buggy programming: Once you think you've completed the mission, DON'T LEAVE THE SYSTEM! OPS will try and get you to warp out, but don't do it. if the mission box in the right now says 'report to starfleet' or whatever, go into your missions, find the green checkbox, and turn it in. THEN you can leave the system with your credit. In theory, if there was any customer support, that would be a good place to call in a GM and show them you were finsihed and not getting credit, but we know that takes days, not instant help as advertised.

I used to not get credit on occasion, opened tickets, and eventually they agreed I had completed them, but that they didn't have the power to award me the mission completion anyway, so maybe I should try dropping the mission and starting over. Thanks for the help, guys!

Reason I didn't try this at first on the FE is that I thought there might be more when you get dropped in Bajor. Not sure why the mission completes in the DS9 system and it still makes you go to Bajor, though. Functionality-wise, doesn't make sense, as the mission is complete before that. Eithe warp out to sector space, or give me something to do in Bajor. Along those lines, IN-Universe, why would Bajor be a safe rally point? Shouldn't they get out of the solar system? 2800 enemy ships in the system, and their big rally point is about 5 minutes away at low impulse?
Good info, but that's not what's happening in Second Wave.

It's bugged so that sometimes when a player warps to Bajor nothing happens. If you go back to DS9 your progress is at the start of the conference. I've heard that if you're in a team, that only the team leader gets completion.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old February 13 2012, 01:25 AM   #1105
Scout101
Admiral

Right, but my point was that you can turn the mission in while still at Ds9. Don't have to warp anywhere, get completion while in-system
Old February 13 2012, 06:53 AM   #1106
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

FUCK CAGE OF FIRE.

My god, the bot pathing is BEYOND BROKEN. My BOs take turns being too stupid to follow a specified point on a bridge two feet in front of their fucking noses without spazzing and diving head first into their the railing or the fire.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2012, 08:27 AM   #1107
JRS
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JRS

USS Mariner wrote: View Post
FUCK CAGE OF FIRE.
My god, the bot pathing is BEYOND BROKEN. My BOs take turns being too stupid to follow a specified point on a bridge two feet in front of their fucking noses without spazzing and diving head first into their the railing or the fire.
Yeah..that is one buggy mission.
And I had to do this twice, because in the first time I managed to somehow get trough the mission(took a while) the game failed to show the mission as completed. I was not very happy to go back to the bugfest.
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2012, 09:07 AM   #1108
Rocketeer
Captain

Right, but my point was that you can turn the mission in while still at Ds9. Don't have to warp anywhere, get completion while in-system

No can do GI. At least not on Second Wave. There is no option to Hail Starfleet. I tried everything before logging out and back in. Then I still had to go through the conference again.
Old February 13 2012, 12:21 PM   #1109
Scout101
Admiral

Not sure what to tell you, worked that way for me. Twice. The mission resolved before you actually had to warp to Bajor, so I went into the 'in progress' missions and turned it in first. Never even went to Bajor the 2nd time, just back to sector space...
Old February 13 2012, 01:07 PM   #1110
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Btw, I suspect, that the next episodes starts in the Bajor system.
So when you replay it later, warping there is not relevant to the first part but will result in a better flow of the whole story.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote