TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 7 2012, 11:28 PM   #151
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

I am beginning to be quite bored by the whole Damon/Elena/Stefan storyline. I still find Damon's one-liners amusing, but could care less about his devotion to Elena.

Right now I am more intrigued by the original family and what they will get up to.
Old February 9 2012, 04:28 PM   #152
Jetfire

New ep TONIGHT!

S3 EP14 "Dangerous Liaisons"
SOME ENCHANTED EVENING —Elena is surprised to receive an invitation to a formal ball, and when Damon and Stefan hear the party is being hosted at Klaus’ newly renovated mansion, they both insist on attending the event with her. Caroline and Matt also receive invitations to the ball from unexpected admirers. At the elegant party, Elena learns of a horrifying plan that could lead to numerous deaths and she must decide who she can trust with her new information. Caroline discovers a side of Klaus no one would have suspected. Finally, after an evening of violence and dashed hopes, Damon finds a new way to cope.
http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Dangerous_Liaisons

Promo

Looks great!

Ten Things About Thursday Night’s Vampire Diaries “Dangerous Liaisons”.
Old February 10 2012, 04:12 AM   #153
Jetfire

Pretty good ep...so Klaus is smitten with Caroline for realz. Esther wants to kill her children...interesting. Rebekah was beautiful...liked her with Matt but Damon!?
Elena(Nina Dobrev) was absolutely radiant in that dress.
Old February 10 2012, 04:25 AM   #154
Disruptor
Commodore

So one brother is a nutcase and the other is a momma's boy...gee, they make Elijah and Klaus seem more interesting.

Elena having a poo-poo face because Esther wants to atone for centuries of her family MURDERING PEOPLE (including Elena's aunt!). Elena needs a freaking clue.

Disappointed Alaric didn't die in this one.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2012, 04:35 PM   #155
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I am now taking bets on who kills mama this time around. Did we not just get the whole kill your kids storyline with Mikal?

Elijah was looking very fine in that tux.

I am ready for Kol and Finn to die. I don't care about them one jot.
Old February 10 2012, 04:52 PM   #156
js
Captain

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
I am ready for Kol and Finn to die. I don't care about them one jot.
Kol seems like a generic psychopath and Finn is what - just a momma's boy ready to die? I hope the writers give them something more to work with than that. Otherwise they need to be killed off quickly.

Was it obvious to anyone else that Elijah did NOT drink from that glass of magical champagne and instead just pretended to? I was disappointed in Elena for not confiding in him, but I suppose her caution is warranted given his past pro-Klaus behavior. But he's still really the only truly interesting member of that family, The rest - meh. Though I do like the lovestruck Klaus courting Caroline.
Old February 13 2012, 05:53 PM   #157
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I was hoping that Elijah did not drink, but the blood flowed to all of the names.

I rewatched the ep over the weekend. I actually liked it better on the second viewing.

However, I am still not loving the main trio. I find Damon amusing, but I cannot stand the whole pull and tug with Elena.

I find all of the other characters more compelling.
Old February 16 2012, 08:07 PM   #158
Jetfire

New Ep tonight!

S3 EP15 "All My Children"
A FLIP OF THE COIN — After starting her day with a startling discovery of Damon’s latest indiscretion, Elena is frustrated to find that none of her friends agree with her on how they should react to the Original family’s internal power struggle. Once again caught up in the destiny of the Bennett witches, Bonnie and Abby find themselves playing a part in a ritual to appease the spirits of nature. When Elijah gives Damon and Stefan an ultimatum that puts Elena in danger, they turn to Alaric and Meredith for help with a plan that leads them to a terrible choice.
http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/All_My_Children

Promo

Looks good!
Old February 17 2012, 03:27 AM   #159
Jetfire

Kinda an odd way to leave things since it won't return till March 15th. I may re-watch this early next week when it is online...I missed an important 5 minutes apparently. I will say...WTF! Meredith!? I am looking forward to "1912" on March 15th with Cassidy Freeman(Tess Mercer from SMALLVILLE) as Sage.
Old February 17 2012, 03:14 PM   #160
Disruptor
Commodore

SPOILERS

Anti-climatic non-resolution to the Michaelson family reunion I knew it would.

Thanks to Damon unstaking Elijah, a vamp like Cole is loose as is Rebecca again. And Bonnie's mom is a vampire.

Thanks to Elena, who is almost as counterproductive to everyone's salvation as Gilligan on Gilligan's Island, 5 nigh-unkillable vampires are all still around to kill more innocents. (We might assume Finn doesn't kill, but who knows...maybe he hates what he is because he can't control it?)

Alaric...luckless chump.

Caroline: "She loves you, it's just that when you're trouble it's always Bonnie who always suffers."

Elena: "That's not true, Caroline. You've also suffered. I mean, you were turned into a vampire by my evil lookalike. You were tortured by your own vampire-hating father. You fell in love with a werewolf who became a hybrid and attacked you. Your dad died and then became a vampire and died for real. Now you've got Klaus obsessed with you."
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2012, 04:25 PM   #161
Kosh Naranek
Captain

To be fair Bonnie has suffered lots, but Elena has also lost her father, mother, bio dad/uncle, bio mom and aunt. Caroline's life has also not been a picnic.

I just don't care about the Salvatores and the Elena love. I would like all 3 of them better if they just spent some time apart.

Klaus leaves no room for those that disappoint him. I suppose Caroline is going to be added to that list now since she helped distract him.

I suppose Elijah is off to brood Angel-style at this point?

Finn and mommy dearest are probably out to hatch another kill the family plot.

I wonder what Meredith is up to? Poor Alaric dies again?
Old February 17 2012, 05:31 PM   #162
Jetfire

Vampire Diaries 3x16 Promo | 1912 [HD]

Cassidy Freeman!
Old February 17 2012, 06:28 PM   #163
js
Captain

Dear Vampire Diaries,

Please stop killing Alaric.

In every episode.

Yours truly,

A fan
Old February 18 2012, 12:54 AM   #164
Beagleman
Captain

Yeah, he has become Kenny...
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2012, 09:27 PM   #165
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Greetings, vampire diarists. I thought you'd like to know that Uncle Mason is likely soon to be the star of his own series as a hot firefighter (no pun intended, I'm sure he'll stay as cool as possible).

NBC won't make the decision on it till May, but it seems like one of the more likely pilots, firefighters not being at all overexposed on network TV (we can only hope.)

So the show is kicking Alaric around? They should kill the character for real and let Matthew Davis try out for pilot season, maybe nab his own show, too. I've always liked him as an actor.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote