Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 7 2012, 01:00 PM   #976
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Gravity Well III is kind of OP against heavy cruisers.

The first time I used it, I burned one down in less than ten seconds. I actually though something was wrong with the game.
See if you can find a purple Gravimetric Scientist DOFF. They create aftershock gravity wells. You'll be unstoppable.

Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2012, 05:27 PM   #977
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Well there's a proper Defiant interior coming along with the new FE series, and CaptainGeko has said in an interview recently that there's plans for a Galaxy and Intrepid-class ship interior too.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2012, 05:55 PM   #978
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
Well there's a proper Defiant interior coming along with the new FE series, and CaptainGeko has said in an interview recently that there's plans for a Galaxy and Intrepid-class ship interior too.
Didn't also say something about a Soverign interior also being in the works, or am I wrong about that.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2012, 06:16 PM   #979
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
The Nebula cruiser is technically the same as the Galaxy but with a shorter frame and additional sensors giving it more of a scientific mission. Although I can't stand the Galaxy class, the Nebula is one of my favorites. It's Doc Lee's current ship, the "USS Dragon Turtle".
I love the Galaxy class, myself, but I also like the Nebula class. I have one outfitted more for gathering than I do fighting, and it's called the "Richard Dawkins". It's a nice balanced ship, IMO.

Sorry but I'm almost afraid to ask - what's up with the blue horse? I came home from work and my daughter was watching something like that on Youtube. I made her get off and do her homework. I don't mind her skipping her schoolwork for Star Trek, but blue horses are out of the question... :-P
That would be Rainbow Dash, from "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". The scene itself is from the episode "Read It And Weep". If it helps any, in the Season 2 premiere episode "The Return of Harmony", the voice of the villain "Discord", was voiced by John de Lancie, and behaved like Q from TNG. It turns out the people behind Studio B, the animators for the MLP show, are nerds.

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2012, 06:21 PM   #980
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
The Nebula cruiser is technically the same as the Galaxy but with a shorter frame and additional sensors giving it more of a scientific mission. Although I can't stand the Galaxy class, the Nebula is one of my favorites. It's Doc Lee's current ship, the "USS Dragon Turtle".
I love the Galaxy class, myself, but I also like the Nebula class. I have one outfitted more for gathering than I do fighting, and it's called the "Richard Dawkins". It's a nice balanced ship, IMO.
You know the best thing about being able to make more than one character is that you never have to choose between your favorite ships as you can use them all on differnet characters.
Old February 7 2012, 08:08 PM   #981
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
You know the best thing about being able to make more than one character is that you never have to choose between your favorite ships as you can use them all on differnet characters.
Oh, I don't have to choose. I have 10 ships in my inventory. I just switch between them if I want a job specific mission.

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2012, 09:51 PM   #982
Hanover Fiste
Rear Admiral

If my VA Retrofit Defiant isn't suited to the mission, the mission doesn't get played.
Old February 7 2012, 09:56 PM   #983
Rocketeer
Captain

Since ships are technically toons, I'd like to see Cryptic put in a save configuration button (like they have for uniform slots). The bad thing about swapping out ships is reloading the BO's and reconfiguring everything again.

If they did that, the game would be a lot more fun for me. I could alternate my engineer between the TOS Enterprise and the Reliant Refit, science officer between the Oberth, Nebula Refit and Intrepid Refit. I would also alternate my KDF sci between a bird-of-prey and the carrier.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old February 7 2012, 10:13 PM   #984
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Hanover Fiste wrote: View Post
If my VA Retrofit Defiant isn't suited to the mission, the mission doesn't get played.
There isn't any problem that can't be solved with heavy cannon fire.
Old February 7 2012, 11:04 PM   #985
Rocketeer
Captain

That would be Rainbow Dash, from "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". The scene itself is from the episode "Read It And Weep". If it helps any, in the Season 2 premiere episode "The Return of Harmony", the voice of the villain "Discord", was voiced by John de Lancie, and behaved like Q from TNG. It turns out the people behind Studio B, the animators for the MLP show, are nerds.

LOL, looks cool. Thanks.
Old February 7 2012, 11:28 PM   #986
Uncle Sol
Commander

A playable Galor class

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2864

The lock boxes sound interesting. But you have to pay to open.
Uncle Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 12:09 AM   #987
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I can only strongly advise anybody not t ospend any money on these key.
It is the Winter Holiday Box event all over again.

As there are lottery winners in real life some people will get the ship.
But your actual chances will be one in a thousand if you are lucky.
The rest of the items, with an exception or two can be cherry picked from the c-store directly for a higher price then a key but 100% success if you aim for something specific.

100 c-points equal around a dollar I think, now imagine you get one box or so on every mission, do you really want to open them all, because you already have the box and "just" need one key for it?

Please, no.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 12:22 AM   #988
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

USS Mariner wrote: View Post
Request to join the TBBS Armada

erika gabriel@nickmariner

Joined at the start of F2P, I think I've spent about oh, 40-50 dollars in costumes and interiors, though my best purchase was the TMP costumes and the TOS bundle. As nice as the Galaxy and Destiny Bridges are, the fact that the default interiors blow ass in comparison to the TOS interior in terms of (physically acceptable) scale and interactivity.

I love the TOS bundle. It's fun to put on the TOS uniforms, invite your firends and climb through the jefferies tubes.

One thing that I wish the game had (but would be difficult to implement), it the ability of players to work together on a single ship. Imagine inviting others to occupy the bridge positions on your ship. Using voice chat, you direct your engineers, tactical and science officers on what you need done. I used to play an old paper base game that had this option. You would just hand out a different console sheet to each player. The captain just coordinated the action and gave orders. Wishful thinking...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Artemis Bridge Simulator have online networking? Just combine that with Ventrilo or TeamSpeak for voice chat and you're golden (unless I'm mistaken).
Old February 8 2012, 01:43 AM   #989
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Well I just made a TOS themed alt. So now I have TOS,TNG, and DS9 covered all I need now is Holo Sci Boff that I can customize to get started on my Voy themed alt, Then later I'll make and ENT themed alt and have all the series covered.

Given the fact that the NX and TOS Connie are T1 I'll need to find alternate ships for them to use at end game, so any suggestions?
Old February 8 2012, 04:06 AM   #990
Captain_Amasov
Captain

I wonder what the flimsy excuse will be this time for seeing Starfleet and KDF officers flying alternate faction ships?

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a part of story driven content that has the Cardassians eventually joining the Federation or something, but just to throw it out there in a "gift box" no matter how rare seems wrong to me.