Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

A HUGE pile of used books. Found a used bookstore nearby (relatively) of which I was previously unaware. SO HAPPY! It's a really nice one in a town less than 1/2 hour from me, that I often visit anyway for other stuff. I'd just never been down the road it was on before. I love finding a new store to clean out. ;)

2. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I brought myself a cooling pad for my laptop.

3. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

4. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sometimes packages get in under the radar, depending on what exactly is on the customs form, but yeah, you're probably going to get billed duty. What bugs me more are the handling fees from couriers when this happens.

It's a useful colour though; historically, the thinking behind using it for evening items is that it doesn't get that greeny-yellow cast to it under artificial lights that cheap black dyes can sometimes get. Midnight blue instead just looks like a true/jet black under those conditions. Modern artificial lights and better black dyes make this factor less relevant these days, but I still quite like it as a shade. I have a tux in midnight blue that definitely exhibits this behaviour of appearing black at night. I also have a regular suit in midnight blue but I use that more during the day for work - where it appears like the darkest possible navy - than I do for evening events.

6. ares93

^ Kinda reminds me of the purple i painted my car in. I thought if was black for over a month until i accidentally left my mobile on the hood with the torch activated. My mates laughed their asses off when i told them. I was like, "bloody hell, my car its purple!"

7. Holdfast

:lol: The perils of a custom paint-job...

... I actually quite like the idea of a really dark aubergine coloured car. Would look awesome on a supercar full of edges or swoops to catch the light!

8. ares93

Well, my Mercedes 190d hardly qualifies as a supercar, but Lady B did have a 372bhp Cosworth engine. And turbo, we mustn't forget the turbo.:lol:

9. Holdfast

Everyone forgets a turbo. Well, until about two or three seconds after flooring the throttle. :D

10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't this place great? The conversation goes from evening dresses to drag racing. ;)

11. ares93

Well now that you mention it. :lol:

The only Mercedes I ever lost against was an MB SLS. I've smoked two older Ferraris and a Corvette C5. Not bad for a 28 year old, ain't it?

Although, i dont stand a chance against my team's Peugeot 205 GTI. With the new modifications the engine should put out somewhere around 450bhp. That might not sound like much, but don't forget that the car weighs 800kg with a driver and a full tank.

12. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

13. Holdfast

How else to get the girl to the party she's wearing the dress at on time? :)

SLS is something like a 3.5s 0-60, isn't it? :eek:

Remind me not to get into a traffic light race with you in my S4. If you're only just beaten by an SLS, I'd look like I'm standing still.

14. Miss Chicken

Today the postman brough me

Sherlock - series two

and two books

Zodiac felties

[​IMG]

and

The Steampunk Bible, a book I just had to buy after seeing a video of it on YouTube

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhMGRR6F4Q[/yt]

15. ares93

I wouldnt go as far as to say I just lost, but i kept up pretty well regardless. But i believe driving skill had a lot to do with it. I doubt i would've even stood a chance against a driver that could handle himself in that car. And i've got three years and god knows how many hours of racing experience.

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Today I bought some lemons and a jar of tahini.

I also bought a coconut and raw chocolate cube from the health food store which tantalized me by promising to be like a Bounty bar only better, fresher, purer. It wasn't. I am not a fan of sweet things but I cannot resist coconut which is one of my favorite ever flavors.

The post box had a bottle of Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude waiting for me, courtesy of ebay. This is my second bottle of this, it is a coconut musk.

The thing with coconut is it is quite mild so the search for a more intense coconut experience is always with me.

17. Miss Chicken

Do you like to make coconut ice?

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

DVD's, mainly cheap horror again.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I haven't played with it much yet but so far so good. I like that I can use my speedlite for wireless flash now. Of course I still have to figure out how to use it properly!

Oh, I got this last Thursday:

[​IMG]

:D