RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,915
Posts: 5,478,195
Members: 25,053
Currently online: 463
Newest member: johnclever25

TrekToday headlines

New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old February 3 2012, 10:17 AM   #931
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
Looks exciting.
Timelord Victorious is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 12:07 PM   #932
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

did the Odyssey 'mission' this morning...

honest thoughts...

the mission... pretty disappointed actually, expected something a lot harder to get the ship... took me about 5 mins max... was thinking it was going to be a proper shake down cruise, not a 'point the sensors here' then 'blow this shit up' and congratulations...

The ship... honestly, meh... possibly because i'm only on a laptop here and can't see it in all it's high res beauty, but the main model looks pretty cool, i do like how the central 'neck' actually stretches around to the saucer section, rather than a standard solid column like most other ships... bit disappointed in the skins for it, you can only have the one setup for the ship, hope they bring out some more model changes for it in future...inside the ship as well... so far the only cosmetic change i've seen is the bridge, which i'll admit looks pretty cool... definitely influenced by the new ST film with the free floating displays around the bridge layout... also, is it me or does the bridge look absolutely huge compared to other bridges?

The engineering, quarters, engineering lab, med bay, crew bar, captains ready room... they're all exactly the same skin as before, not a single change... was hoping for something special there, hopefully to see the new 'warp core' in action in engineering, but it's just the same as before...

here's hoping they add some new bits to this in future...

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 12:26 PM   #933
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Methos wrote: View Post
did the Odyssey 'mission' this morning...

honest thoughts...

the mission... pretty disappointed actually, expected something a lot harder to get the ship... took me about 5 mins max... was thinking it was going to be a proper shake down cruise, not a 'point the sensors here' then 'blow this shit up' and congratulations...

The ship... honestly, meh... possibly because i'm only on a laptop here and can't see it in all it's high res beauty, but the main model looks pretty cool, i do like how the central 'neck' actually stretches around to the saucer section, rather than a standard solid column like most other ships... bit disappointed in the skins for it, you can only have the one setup for the ship, hope they bring out some more model changes for it in future...inside the ship as well... so far the only cosmetic change i've seen is the bridge, which i'll admit looks pretty cool... definitely influenced by the new ST film with the free floating displays around the bridge layout... also, is it me or does the bridge look absolutely huge compared to other bridges?

The engineering, quarters, engineering lab, med bay, crew bar, captains ready room... they're all exactly the same skin as before, not a single change... was hoping for something special there, hopefully to see the new 'warp core' in action in engineering, but it's just the same as before...

here's hoping they add some new bits to this in future...

M
Expect the real interesting stuff to hit the C-Store next next month or so.
If they fail to release a properly sized interior my ship will sport the upcoming Defiant interior which I expect with the release of the new Feature next week.
That one is simply breathtaking and as IP accurate as the TOS bundle.

I also expect the inevitable +1 versions (yes plural) of the Odyssey to feature some stuff we have seen in the shakedown mission that was missing in the free watered down variant:
An additional universal ensign station, a +30% disruptor resistance console (which will result in Klingons not using disruptors anymore in PvP), the yet unseen saucer seperation and the combat capable aux craft (similar to the Captain's Yacht and the Vulcan heal shuttle) .

I really hope we get a more streamlined size accurate complete modern cruiser ship interior with a better bridge as well.
Dev's have hinted at a TNG style interior they have all but ready for release.

So far the celebrations lack a bit of Oomph, that last year's had with an all new ESD, unseen Q pranks and the fountain madness.
Seriously, what is so difficult about programming a mariachi band playing on every corner of the big stations and matching music?

I really hope we get to see an appearance of the new Enterprise-F in all her glory and a meet and greet of her crew after all the hype.

Plus an updated version of the forgotten and deleted DS9 ground fleet action would be awesome.
Timelord Victorious is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 12:49 PM   #934
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

yeah that'd be cool...

i will admit though, my excitement at getting the Oddysey ship was a bit masked by the news yesterday that the Vesta class ship would be making an appearence soon

Quoted from Mark Rademaker's blog...

CBS in the shape of John van Citters gave me green light to get my starships in Star Trek Online.

I'm preparing a list of questions and tech specs that I need to sent to Cryptic, see how and if we can shape this. To be continued.
So that's the one i seriously can't wait for

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 01:02 PM   #935
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Methos wrote: View Post
yeah that'd be cool...

i will admit though, my excitement at getting the Oddysey ship was a bit masked by the news yesterday that the Vesta class ship would be making an appearence soon

Quoted from Mark Rademaker's blog...

CBS in the shape of John van Citters gave me green light to get my starships in Star Trek Online.

I'm preparing a list of questions and tech specs that I need to sent to Cryptic, see how and if we can shape this. To be continued.
So that's the one i seriously can't wait for

M

Where does teh hype for the Vesta come from anyway? To me it looks like a well made fanship.
Is there an obscure corner of Trek lore that I have missed?
Anyway, it looks so much like the existing star cruiser designs, that it would be non practical to introduce it as anything other then a variant, either a simple skin or the inevitable +1 refit, which would step a bit on the toes of the new Odyssey, after the Odyssey just stepped on the toes of the starcruisers...
Timelord Victorious is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 01:11 PM   #936
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

can't speak for others, but i just love the design of the ship... it's sleek and dangerous looking for a science class ship...

it's one i just fell in love with from the books, and just continued to love as i saw more renders of it coming out

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 02:25 PM   #937
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Everybody else getting the autofire bug were it wont work.
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 02:37 PM   #938
Trek
Fleet Captain
 
Trek's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Where does teh hype for the Vesta come from anyway? To me it looks like a well made fanship.
Is there an obscure corner of Trek lore that I have missed?
Anyway, it looks so much like the existing star cruiser designs, that it would be non practical to introduce it as anything other then a variant, either a simple skin or the inevitable +1 refit, which would step a bit on the toes of the new Odyssey, after the Odyssey just stepped on the toes of the starcruisers...
The Vesta ordinates from the Destiny Novels, which introduces the USS Aventine commanded by Ezri Dax. It's Starfleet's first starship designed around the Quantum Sliptream Drive.

His other ships have also been featured in the Novels or Calendars. For example the Meridian-class USS Planck appears in the new Star Trek: Voyager novels and first appeared in the Ships of the line calendar.

For more info: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Rademaker
__________________
TrekBBS Armada
STO Captains (@Trek88): Lex, Foxton, Zylah, Sh'Rrth, Riku, Saundra
Author: The Adventures of Argus
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 03:16 PM   #939
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
intrinsical wrote: View Post
I'm having some technical difficulty with a quest, "The Other Side". Basically I've played through the mission of going into the mirror universe and retrieving the Bajoran orb, killed the bad guys and their ships. The only thing I have left to do is to return to our universe through the portal.

That's where the problems began. When I enter the portal I receive a big dialog box that says "Couldn't transfer character" and get kicked to the character selection screen. I tried logging in and found myself still in the mirror universe, so I went through the portal again and yet again I got kicked to the character selection screen. As its quite late, I went to bed and this morning I tried logging in. This time, I'm in sector space but the mission still requires me to enter the mirror universe portal, so I tried to continue the quest and yet again "Couldn't transfer character" and character selection screen. Now, I can't enter the quest to complete it. What should I do?
I had this problem with another quest. I'm guessing this is a problem caused by the most recent update.
Theres also a really annoying bug in the Klingon mission Keeping your enemies closer where when you try to go to the starbase's shuttlebay control room you fall through the floor.
Hartzilla2007 is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 05:42 PM   #940
Rocketeer
Captain
 
Rocketeer's Avatar
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

At First City, if you fall over the rail near the crafting ingredient vendor you fall under the city.
Rocketeer is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 06:10 PM   #941
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Its like Isaac Newton has it out for Klingons.
Hartzilla2007 is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 07:33 PM   #942
backstept
Rear Admiral
 
backstept's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse
View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

noob question . . . anyone else really hate the gorn minefield fleet action?
nobody seems to realize that you don't have to kill ALL the frigates or cruisers . . . by the time I was ready to take on the dreadnought at the end I was all by myself
__________________
| Hi I'm Gauis Blatar lol
| backstept.blogspot.com | about.me
backstept is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 09:21 PM   #943
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I usually skip most of the Fleet Action stuff. Just SO long and tedious, and for little to no reward. If I even consider the million-man Romulan Temple one more time, gonna puke. If it's that slammed with Romulans, stop sneaking in and just nuke it from orbit...
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 09:41 PM   #944
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral
 
Herkimer Jitty's Avatar
 
Location: Dayglow, New California Republic
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Methos wrote: View Post
yeah that'd be cool...

i will admit though, my excitement at getting the Oddysey ship was a bit masked by the news yesterday that the Vesta class ship would be making an appearence soon

Quoted from Mark Rademaker's blog...

CBS in the shape of John van Citters gave me green light to get my starships in Star Trek Online.

I'm preparing a list of questions and tech specs that I need to sent to Cryptic, see how and if we can shape this. To be continued.
So that's the one i seriously can't wait for

M
The Vesta has cannon hardpoints in the book, so they'll probably carry that over. Good news for you, with the Odyssey not having them, ja?

(I'm guessing it will be a science/escort hybrid).
__________________
STAR TREK: 1964-1965½, 1966-1969, Jan. 21-23 1972, 1979-2001, 2003-2005, 2009-?
Herkimer Jitty is offline  
Old February 3 2012, 09:53 PM   #945
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
I usually skip most of the Fleet Action stuff. Just SO long and tedious, and for little to no reward. If I even consider the million-man Romulan Temple one more time, gonna puke. If it's that slammed with Romulans, stop sneaking in and just nuke it from orbit...
with a coordinated team or two, they can actually be done in a reasonable amount of time.. shouldnt take longer then an STF...
Timelord Victorious is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.