Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 29 2011, 05:01 AM   #76
sojourner
Admiral

Re: World Of Warcraft?

Well yeah, not liking Star Wars to begin with would be a problem, but not a reflection on the quality of the game.
Old October 30 2011, 05:23 AM   #77
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

Having never played any of the Diablo's, Im looking forward to getting the free D3. Ill actually give it a chance.
Old October 30 2011, 09:23 AM   #78
ichab
Commodore

Twilight Sparkle wrote: View Post
I haven't played since Jan...but I notice some comments on various sites that the game graphics are showing their age and in general people are tired and moving on to things like 'Rift' and I am sure when the Star Wars MMO comes out more people will leave WOW.
With every new MMO that comes out people make that prediction. So far it hasn't happened. WOW still has the highest sub base. I think TOR's subscribers will be made up of KOTOR, Bioware and Star Wars fans.

I have generally enjoyed the game and when I can play(pay for a month) make the most of it...I enjoy the races and the lore...my question is; Should Blizzard rebuild WOW from the ground up as a new game? Instead of just adding expansions on top of expansions. I don't know what the future of WOW is so forgive if there is news and info making this thread irrelevant.

[edit] I should add...I do think the graphics should be updated a bit and I really wish the character creation was expanded...I mean there are free MMOs that have more options.
Blizzard is already working on an MMO called Titan. I don't have any idea what that game is about, but their focus as far as new game development goes will be that. I agree WOW should have more options such as better character creation and a form of player housing. Since these things have been asked for ever since the game came into existence, I doubt they will happen. I don't know why, but there it is.
Old October 31 2011, 10:50 PM   #79
LitmusDragon
Commodore

^ Titan is supposed to be an MMO-FPS, or so I've read. So not really a WoW-replacement.

Re: Mists of Pandaria

I'm optimistic about it. Some things I read from the Blizzcon coverage that resonated with me:

A) A stronger focus on fun. Cataclysm on the whole is not a very fun expansion (in my opinion) and was certainly not all that fun on release with the harder-than-necessary Heroic dungeons being the main problem.

B) Multiple paths to advancement. Valor points from dailies. Raid finder for easy version raids. The time has passed when I wanted to commit to a raid schedule but I'd still like to see the content.

C) New huge continent with no flying till 90 (yay), loved this in Wrath.

D) Melee healer. Healing is my favorite spec and playstyle and an all-new way of healing is very exciting.

One thing I'm not sure about but I hope they fixed is that heroics should not be so dang long as they were in Cata. 2 hours is too long.

Anyway, I will definitely be checking it out.
Old October 31 2011, 11:16 PM   #80
Showdown
Fleet Captain

Happy Halloween

Old November 23 2011, 12:12 AM   #81
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Finally got [Reins of the Raven Lord] yesterday after about 50 runs. Woot

This is my first and only rare drop mount
Old November 23 2011, 12:26 AM   #82
sojourner
Admiral

Finally got into the Diablo 3 Beta today. It's very nostalgic so far.
Old November 30 2011, 09:06 PM   #83
LitmusDragon
Commodore

I'm loving patch 4.3 so far. Finished all 3 of the new 5-mans pretty easily last night. They are really fun. This morning I transmogrified my Jaina's Staff to the old plant-based model that was a quest reward at 20, looks very druidy. My ilvl is not high enough to try raid finder yet.
Old January 27 2012, 07:52 AM   #84
Jetfire

I will ask this here...is there a non-MMORPG similar to WoW? Like maybe something on a console? Like an RPG(in a medieval fantasy world) where one can create a character and do quests...without the social aspect of an MMO?

Last edited by Jetfire; January 27 2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: edit to add additional info.
Old January 27 2012, 08:53 AM   #85
clint g
Admiral

Yeah, quite a few. You have The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, both of which are sort of like MMOs without the online part. Then you have Dragon Age 1 and (to a lesser extent) Dragon Age 2.
Old January 27 2012, 08:59 PM   #86
CaptJimboJones
Vice Admiral

clint g wrote: View Post
Yeah, quite a few. You have The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, both of which are sort of like MMOs without the online part. Then you have Dragon Age 1 and (to a lesser extent) Dragon Age 2.
I'd recommend all of the above, and there's also a new one, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which goes on sale in a few weeks for consoles.

These give a very similar experience to the MMO gameplay but, like you said, minus the social aspect. For me that's the best option, because my gaming time can be very sporadic and I'd never have the kind of consistent gaming time to actually be social on an MMO and make it worthwhile.
Old January 27 2012, 09:55 PM   #87
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Well I'm still in Azeroth after all these years.. playing in a more RP way these days than anything else.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2012, 10:30 PM   #88
Jetfire

I like WoW but I just don't have the funds to enjoy it. I hope by the time MoP comes out I can upgrade from BC to MoP and enjoy a few months of play.
Old January 27 2012, 10:35 PM   #89
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post
clint g wrote: View Post
I'd recommend all of the above, and there's also a new one, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which goes on sale in a few weeks for consoles.
That's Curt Schilling's studio and there are some really talented people working on it. I've heard nothing but positives about that game.

It's also supposed to be the fore-runner to an MMORPG based in the same game that they are currently working on.

And I can't recommend Skyrim enough. Gets a bit repetitive to look at after a while, but it's a very deep and fun game that you can play in many different ways over hundreds of hours. Definitely worth the money.
Old January 27 2012, 10:37 PM   #90
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

They were selling Wrath of the Lich King for like $5 before Christmas.