Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old January 26 2012, 01:12 PM   #781
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Methos - appreciate the input. I'll try these today. On the hair I went with long parted in the middle and shine close to zero. Most of Jewel's photos seem to be that way. I don't know how to emulate her cheeks. Probably a trait from her Iroquios heritage.

Timelord - yeah, I've considered doing the Serenity crew, especially Jayne. I think he would be fun. I'd probably make him a human-looking alien since that would give more flexibility during creation. Like I said, I was just playing around.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014

Last edited by Rocketeer; January 26 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 02:34 PM   #782
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Here is my take on Kaylee:

Unfortunately i lost the whole thing after I made the screenshot before I could save it.
Since the toons are absolutely incapable of expression beyond a blank stare it looks as generic as most human based toons. Even though I used an alien.

Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 03:59 PM   #783
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Well I think I'm going to reroll. I just looked at my old PWE account and I did have some Zen left over (quite a bit actually) and was able to transfer it into about 1200 c-points. So I unlocked Joined Trill. And might unlock Oberth Class too. That way I can get facerolled by rouge Klingons.
If you ever want to use a cruiser make sure you get the T3 Excelsior. The transwarp coil apparently reduces recharge times. I went from having to wait 14 or 15 mins between transwarping to only having to wait 5 mins. which is good for hoping around the galaxy really quickly.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 05:02 PM   #784
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Well, it mainly offers up ones that contribute to success whereas I'm usually going for the *crit* success. Also the filter still needs some work (or did). The last time I tried it was Tuesday and it still had some glitches.

Also I noticed that dilithium payout on some crit successes has dropped to 125 di.
Yes; but if you skip out to the roster and list all who have one of the crit success things you need, the green will stand out to show you who has the success things also, or who has more than one.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 05:38 PM   #785
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

Do'h...

just finished fitting the new graphics cards, wanted to log on and see how they coped... and the servers down...

M
Old January 26 2012, 06:05 PM   #786
daedalus5

Have tried out the F2P model - I like it! Yay. Just played the "Everything old is new" mission - excellent stuff! Am slowly getting used to the controls. There's tons of studff to get the hang of, like training officers, duty officers and consoles. Still not overly keen on the plannet ground fightng stuff, but ship combat missions are good fun.
Old January 26 2012, 06:48 PM   #787
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

daedalus5 wrote: View Post
Have tried out the F2P model - I like it! Yay. Just played the "Everything old is new" mission - excellent stuff! Am slowly getting used to the controls. There's tons of studff to get the hang of, like training officers, duty officers and consoles. Still not overly keen on the plannet ground fightng stuff, but ship combat missions are good fun.
Awesome daedalus5. Hope you want to show TrekBBS colors in the game as well and join our little fleet
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 08:03 PM   #788
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

Today's maintenance brought some changes. You can now replicate some Holographic Duty Officers. There's also a pop up window that appears above the chat window when you acquire points, items, etc. (it goes away on its own and doesn't interfere with gameplay)

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 08:07 PM   #789
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

apparently the Jem Hadar got an update as well, not seen them yet to comment on that though

M
Old January 26 2012, 10:25 PM   #790
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

They've also added a tip jar for foundry authors. Players can donate dilithium in the amounts of 25, 50, or 100 for their favority foundry missions. Time for me to dust off that idea I've been sitting on and actually make a mission.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 10:36 PM   #791
Kaziarl
Commodore

I'm still waiting to get to buy foundry slots. Hopefully that will be soon.
Old January 27 2012, 02:00 AM   #792
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

intrinsical wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Is this game mostly a single player game? One of the main complaints about SWTOR is how it's really a "co-op SP game." But this seems even more so. From my standpoint, though, that's probably a good thing. I abhor PUGing, and I don't think I'll be playing frequently enough to maintain a strong friend-base--other than TBBSers, of course.
Cryptic's philosophy is somewhat different (and imho better) than most other MMO companies. All their games are designed to be both soloable and groupable by friends and they frown on pugs.
I'd say the PvE queue system for STFs and FAs and the KDF and FED mirror events blows your assumption that Cryptic (aka 'they') 'frown on PUGs". The 'auto group' feature (which I disabled on my options settings is another indication that Cryptic supports and encourages PUGs - but from they early days of EQ in 1999 - my policy has been: "Just say no to PUGs..."; but Cryptic's in game system philosophy seems to ENCOURAGE PUGing.

(Just saying)
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2012, 02:07 AM   #793
Kaziarl
Commodore

But as you said, you can turn that off. You don't have to use public queues for the STFs and FAs, you can set private ones with people you know. Something that, in WoW for example, isn't as easy. Their dungeon finder isn't as good at giving you the option of teaming with friends unless you physically go to each one.
Old January 27 2012, 04:27 AM   #794
Johnnymuffintop
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Johnnymuffintop Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Johnnymuffintop Send a message via Yahoo to Johnnymuffintop

So... if I was to want to have someone else craft for me and I get them the resources, is that doable in STO?
Johnnymuffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2012, 04:28 AM   #795
Kaziarl
Commodore

Yes it is, but I can't answer as to who you should talk too. Not sure who's got the higher crafting levels around here.