RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,695
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 496
Newest member: 713brianp27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old January 20 2012, 01:44 PM   #1771
Kyle2012
Cadet

Re: What games are you playing currently?

I’m playing GTA IV. I play this game very often and it’s my favorite too.
Kyle2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2012, 05:30 PM   #1772
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Dang it Ares, I might already be hooked on Star Trek Online! I've mostly stayed away from MMOs since I've never really found one that I find appealing, but this is freaking Star Trek! At first I thought it was merely decent, but pretty much the second I got to Earth Spacedock: Ho-leee shit! That awesome scale of loads of other player ships around the spacedock, and just the fact that once I started running around the spacedock I began to realize just the multitude of stuff you can do in this game!

Sure I'm definitely looking forward to Guild Wars 2 since I've been hearing great stuff about that game, but this will most certainly keep me busy in the meantime.
Old January 22 2012, 03:09 PM   #1773
Jono
Rear Admiral

Caved in to peer pressure and got BFBC2 for the PC and started to play it this weekend with two other friends. Only problem is they started ages before me and are at lvl 38 and 21 before I started.

Also reinstalled From Dust on a new PC and playing it again. It is a great game.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 05:40 PM   #1774
Lumi
Captain

View Lumi's Twitter Profile

Just finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Lovvvved it.

Limbo, Portal, Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I guess I am also TECHNICALLY playing Oblivion and FFXIII, since I never completed them. But I haven't touched them in ages. xP
Lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 05:46 PM   #1775
John Clark
Commodore

I'm trying the trial version of EVE, continuing with Trek Online and a little of Vegas 2.
Old January 24 2012, 04:47 AM   #1776
Botany Bay
Commodore

View Botany Bay's Twitter Profile

Just finished Uncharted 3 : another 5 star effort...loved it.
Playing FIFA 12, Goldeneye, Arkham City and Skyrim, all on PS3.
T'was a great christmas for gaming!
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2012, 06:28 PM   #1777
Kirkman1987
Commodore

I'm playing Through the Metal Gear Solid series again after picking up the HD collection. Got through the two MSX games and just dragged out my PS1 to play the original MGS.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2012, 08:35 PM   #1778
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'm playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Warcraft 3. My friends and I will soon start Age of Mythology and Neverwinter Nights as well.
Old January 24 2012, 09:02 PM   #1779
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Since it went free to play I reactivated my old City Of Heroes/Villains account.
I had forgotten some of my character names like Helen Handbasket, Shooty McKillsalot, and Amandareckonwith.
Old January 24 2012, 11:22 PM   #1780
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

I've gotten every single player achievement on Mortal Kombat, but the last twenty or so challenges on the Elder Gods Tower is giving me pure hell. I've put it aside for a moment so I don't do something I'll regret... like punching or throwing my controller
Old January 25 2012, 12:49 AM   #1781
dtoliaferro
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm currently playing Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator with a Star Trek mod once a month at the Philadelphia Star Trek Meetup Group.

In the game, all players get together in one room for a group starship adventure.

The game works like this, a computer is connected to a big screen TV or projector (which becomes the main viewscreen), players bring their laptops and connect them to the main computer (which become the various bridge stations like: helm, tactical, engineering, etc). The captain gives the bridge officers orders as they try to accomplish their goal.

It's really a lot of fun.
dtoliaferro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2012, 03:28 AM   #1782
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Saturday, we had a great game of this classic from about 22 years ago.
Old January 26 2012, 02:54 AM   #1783
Mr Light
Admiral

I just played the first 30 minutes of Red Dead Redemption. I really don't like the controls. Same problem I have with GTA4, which I gave up on eventually. I'm not sure I'm going to like playing this game. The movements felt so horribly awkward, particularly on the horse. And trying to hit something moving, particularly on horseback, felt just about impossible.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 03:55 AM   #1784
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I just played the first 30 minutes of Red Dead Redemption. I really don't like the controls. Same problem I have with GTA4, which I gave up on eventually. I'm not sure I'm going to like playing this game. The movements felt so horribly awkward, particularly on the horse. And trying to hit something moving, particularly on horseback, felt just about impossible.
I had hours of fun in that game just riding around looking at the scenery.
Old January 26 2012, 04:11 AM   #1785
RoJoHen
Awesome

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I had the same problem. My roommate managed to pick up on it no problem, and he eventually even got 100% completion. I played it for about 30 minutes and quit because I was bored and found the controls incredibly awkward. That was a year ago. I haven't touched it since.