Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old January 24 2012, 12:29 PM   #136
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

Would make sense that a buddy key wouldn't provide permanent benefits, that would be dumb.

So the assumption is that anyone asking for a buddy key for a F2P game is either trying to see if they can keep the gold status, or is just spamming in the first place. As he's only got one post, and that was it, feels like the requests we used to get.

Either way, probably don't need this thread anymore, it's a free game now. And the way they set the gold vs silver rewards up, if you aren't already LTS, it would be dumb to pay money. Silver gets almost everything Gold does, and a couple quick buys in the c-store would fix things cheaper than a subscription...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old January 25 2012, 10:27 AM   #137
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

Actually I think you need 30+ days to keep items. Which means that even if it's possible to use 3 buddy passes back to back, you still need at least one more day to qualify.

I agree that the buddy passes should be nerfed now that the game is f2p. I think they should keep the referal program though. You should get some benefit for convincing someone to upgrade to Gold. I have the holographic tribble and science officer, but it would be nice to have the Gal-X.

I was in a fleet pvp competition the other day and the f2p members were not able to join. Is that a restriction on f2p?

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Closed Thread