RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,362
Posts: 5,355,790
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 514
Newest member: glmrkills

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 22 2012, 03:04 AM   #691
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

ahh my ship's last run before it's retired and i hit admiral...



Blessed galaxy class, she served me well once i got used to her lol

handles like a small moon for corners, but she's worth it lol

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 03:13 AM   #692
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Methos wrote: View Post
ahh my ship's last run before it's retired and i hit admiral...



Blessed galaxy class, she served me well once i got used to her lol

handles like a small moon for corners, but she's worth it lol

M
Well you do have the option to get it back at Vice Admiral if you have enough dilithium, or are willing to either pay $25 or sell dilithium until you get the amount of C-points you need and be able to use it on any other federation characters you make.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 10:53 AM   #693
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Methos wrote: View Post
ahh my ship's last run before it's retired and i hit admiral...



Blessed galaxy class, she served me well once i got used to her lol

handles like a small moon for corners, but she's worth it lol

M
Well you do have the option to get it back at Vice Admiral if you have enough dilithium, or are willing to either pay $25 or sell dilithium until you get the amount of C-points you need and be able to use it on any other federation characters you make.
I wouldn't as a tac officer...
As pretty as she is, she is such an engineering beast at VA. So far that I'd say at least one engineering station is completely redundant... she'd do far better with another sci station instead.
Tac/Cruiser combination would better to keep the Sovereign or if you go with a C-Store cruiser pick the Excelsior.
That one comes with special Transwarp abilities and a very valuable Tactical Lt Commander station, plus it turns like a smaller sci ship.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 06:56 PM   #694
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Methos wrote: View Post
ahh my ship's last run before it's retired and i hit admiral...



Blessed galaxy class, she served me well once i got used to her lol

handles like a small moon for corners, but she's worth it lol

M
Well you do have the option to get it back at Vice Admiral if you have enough dilithium, or are willing to either pay $25 or sell dilithium until you get the amount of C-points you need and be able to use it on any other federation characters you make.
I wouldn't as a tac officer...
As pretty as she is, she is such an engineering beast at VA. So far that I'd say at least one engineering station is completely redundant... she'd do far better with another sci station instead.
Tac/Cruiser combination would better to keep the Sovereign or if you go with a C-Store cruiser pick the Excelsior.
That one comes with special Transwarp abilities and a very valuable Tactical Lt Commander station, plus it turns like a smaller sci ship.
Yeah but the saucer separation ability helps with the VA Galaxy as it now has way a better turn rate and you have an extra ship to attack with.

Of course if you want to switch to an escort for any reason I recommend the Defiant IT IS a tough little ship especially with the quad cannons.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 09:22 PM   #695
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Sweet, I finally got a Purple Male Vulcan Science Boff. It even has the Mind Meld Passive.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 11:20 PM   #696
syberghost
Commander
 
syberghost's Avatar
 
Location: STO official forums community moderator
View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Yeah but the saucer separation ability helps with the VA Galaxy as it now has way a better turn rate and you have an extra ship to attack with.

Of course if you want to switch to an escort for any reason I recommend the Defiant IT IS a tough little ship especially with the quad cannons.
I found the novelty wore off of the saucer sep pretty quickly, but I suppose if you used a lot of narrow-focus weapons it might be a different picture.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 11:30 PM   #697
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Yeah, my main is a Tac and I used the VA Galaxy class for a while. Loved it, but even with consoles, it was still a PITA to turn, and separating left me exposed with a much weaker secondary hull. I switched to the Excelsior Retrofit at that point. It handled better, had higher DPS, but I still wasn't getting the best performance I could. I've now switched over to my Sovereign, and I love it, but still, it's more than a bit underpowered. That said, I'm not getting an Escort because Jesus Christ I can't afford any more ships.
__________________
:: :: ::
Visit Brony Kingdom! Don't ask why, just do it.
:: :: ::
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 12:59 AM   #698
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Is there any major difference between Mark X and Mark XI purple ship weapons?
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 01:02 AM   #699
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Is there any major difference between Mark X and Mark XI purple ship weapons?
I haven't noticed any real difference. I did have some Mark XI purple beam arrays, but I got rid of them and switched to all Mark X purples (I'm using one type of beam for all hardpoints) and can still blast the hell out of just about anything as effectively as before.
__________________
:: :: ::
Visit Brony Kingdom! Don't ask why, just do it.
:: :: ::
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 01:11 AM   #700
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Mk Xi will have higher damage. Not sure if how muchore and if it is a flat bonus or a multiplicator that gets more efficient depending on your other damage modifications and bonuses.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 01:28 AM   #701
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Is there any major difference between Mark X and Mark XI purple ship weapons?
I haven't noticed any real difference. I did have some Mark XI purple beam arrays, but I got rid of them and switched to all Mark X purples (I'm using one type of beam for all hardpoints) and can still blast the hell out of just about anything as effectively as before.
Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Mk Xi will have higher damage. Not sure if how muchore and if it is a flat bonus or a multiplicator that gets more efficient depending on your other damage modifications and bonuses.
Okay I wanted to know because I switched out my phasers and quantum torpedo for antiprotons and a transphasic to match my ground weapons and the K7 vendors only go up to mark X.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 04:24 AM   #702
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I just discovered that a relatively painless way to get a full set of blue/purple items for my ship and crew is to spend 2 hours in a star cluster solely scanning every anomaly I can find.

At commander level, I think I can craft a full set of purples with about 1000 research materials of various types and 5000 dilithium.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 08:37 AM   #703
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)



I just made Commander and this is my current ship, the Akira class USS Charon
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 08:38 AM   #704
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

ohh pretty

congrats on the promotion

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2012, 11:52 AM   #705
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
I just discovered that a relatively painless way to get a full set of blue/purple items for my ship and crew is to spend 2 hours in a star cluster solely scanning every anomaly I can find.

At commander level, I think I can craft a full set of purples with about 1000 research materials of various types and 5000 dilithium.
Welcome to crafting...
I am curious to know how that works out for you at higher levels, since the dilithium cost will rise significantly for even numered items.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.