RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,675
Members: 24,202
Currently online: 667
Newest member: wendelcarree

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 19 2012, 01:20 AM   #31
Jetfire

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

http://www.ksitetv.com/10888/david-n...-direct-arrow/

David Nutter, who directed the pilot episodes of Smallville, Supernatural, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and more, all of which went to series, is “expected to direct” The CW’s Green Arrow pilot, Arrow...
Should be okay with Nutter. About Black Canary JD...I wouldn't want to see her right away or as a regular to be honest.
Old January 19 2012, 01:53 AM   #32
23skidoo
Admiral

Why call it "Arrow"? Way to hide the show from casual viewers who might actually recognize a show called "Green Arrow" from the comic books and who don't frequent sites like this. Is it possible the CW is telegraphic the fact that a "Green Arrow" movie is in the works? Maybe. Or maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.

I don't have high hopes. Not that I expect a show to be about an archer in tights running around the place, but Smallville's take was really disappointing. Oliver Queen, remember, is DC's version of Tony Stark, and if the show doesn't follow through, it's going to be pretty weak. I hope they include Black Canary because that's like doing Superman without Lois.

I'm doing a though at them remaking Beauty and the Beast as a cop show (I'm sorry - "procedural"). Apparently it's not simply a new take on the fairy tale but an actual remake of the TV series from the 1980s. Can you say Grimm rip-off?

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 02:05 AM   #33
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

23skidoo wrote: View Post

I'm doing a though at them remaking Beauty and the Beast as a cop show (I'm sorry - "procedural"). Apparently it's not simply a new take on the fairy tale but an actual remake of the TV series from the 1980s. Can you say Grimm rip-off?

Alex
I believe there's one of each, a severe re-imagining of the overall product and a remake of the TV Series

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 04:46 AM   #34
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

WOr maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.
Or maybe they just want to avoid confusion with Green Lantern and The Green Hornet . . . which is a real problem where general audiences are concerned. I can testify that my own next-door door neighbor couldn't keep Green Lantern, Green Hornet, and Green Arrow straight.

He actually rented a GREEN LANTERN cartoon thinking it was the Seth Rogan comedy version of THE GREEN HORNET . . . .
Old January 19 2012, 04:56 AM   #35
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Alex
I believe there's one of each, a severe re-imagining of the overall product and a remake of the TV Series
ABC might be doing a series based on the original fairy tale but there's been no pilot news about it...
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:03 AM   #36
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
WOr maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.
Or maybe they just want to avoid confusion with Green Lantern and The Green Hornet . . . which is a real problem where general audiences are concerned. I can testify that my own next-door door neighbor couldn't keep Green Lantern, Green Hornet, and Green Arrow straight.

He actually rented a GREEN LANTERN cartoon thinking it was the Seth Rogan comedy version of THE GREEN HORNET . . . .

I bet he mixes up green apples and green beans at the store, too.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:06 AM   #37
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Oliver Queen, remember, is DC's version of Tony Stark,
No. Tony Stark is Marvel's version of Batman. Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.

I hope they include Black Canary because that's like doing Superman without Lois.
Like Smallville did for 3.5 years when the show was surprisingly popular with viewers and fans?

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
He likely did himself an accidental favor.
Old January 19 2012, 05:11 AM   #38
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

It's not easy being green.
Old January 19 2012, 05:12 AM   #39
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I went to see The Muppets thinking it was going to be Green Lantern. Boy, was I surprised.
Old January 19 2012, 05:18 AM   #40
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Broccoli wrote: View Post

Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.
Does not compute.
Old January 19 2012, 05:26 AM   #41
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post

Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.
Does not compute.
A failed gag, clearly. However, Green Arrow, for the first 30 years or so, was a poor-man's Batman down to the fact that he even had an Arrow-Cave and an Arrow-Car. It wasn't until the early 1970s that GA was revamped into a social crusader.
Old January 19 2012, 05:32 AM   #42
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post

Does not compute.
Rich guy with a young ward. Arrow Cave. Arrow Car. Do the math.

Most comics companies weren't shy about even ripping themselves off.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:33 AM   #43
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Well then, perhaps that's my failing. The social crusader Green Arrow that went road tripping across America with Hal Jordan is the incarnation of the character that I'm most familiar with.
Old January 19 2012, 06:14 AM   #44
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I went to see The Muppets thinking it was going to be Green Lantern. Boy, was I surprised.
You likely did yourself an accidental favor.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 08:21 AM   #45
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
You likely did yourself an accidental favor.