RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,335
Posts: 5,444,649
Members: 24,967
Currently online: 464
Newest member: Borg_from_Org

TrekToday headlines

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Saldana: Balancing Work And Motherhood
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 19 2012, 01:20 AM   #31
Jetfire
Guest
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

http://www.ksitetv.com/10888/david-n...-direct-arrow/

David Nutter, who directed the pilot episodes of Smallville, Supernatural, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and more, all of which went to series, is “expected to direct” The CW’s Green Arrow pilot, Arrow...
Should be okay with Nutter. About Black Canary JD...I wouldn't want to see her right away or as a regular to be honest.
  Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 01:53 AM   #32
23skidoo
Admiral
 
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Why call it "Arrow"? Way to hide the show from casual viewers who might actually recognize a show called "Green Arrow" from the comic books and who don't frequent sites like this. Is it possible the CW is telegraphic the fact that a "Green Arrow" movie is in the works? Maybe. Or maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.

I don't have high hopes. Not that I expect a show to be about an archer in tights running around the place, but Smallville's take was really disappointing. Oliver Queen, remember, is DC's version of Tony Stark, and if the show doesn't follow through, it's going to be pretty weak. I hope they include Black Canary because that's like doing Superman without Lois.

I'm doing a though at them remaking Beauty and the Beast as a cop show (I'm sorry - "procedural"). Apparently it's not simply a new take on the fairy tale but an actual remake of the TV series from the 1980s. Can you say Grimm rip-off?

Alex
__________________
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 02:05 AM   #33
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

23skidoo wrote: View Post

I'm doing a though at them remaking Beauty and the Beast as a cop show (I'm sorry - "procedural"). Apparently it's not simply a new take on the fairy tale but an actual remake of the TV series from the 1980s. Can you say Grimm rip-off?

Alex
I believe there's one of each, a severe re-imagining of the overall product and a remake of the TV Series
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 04:46 AM   #34
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

23skidoo wrote: View Post
WOr maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.
Or maybe they just want to avoid confusion with Green Lantern and The Green Hornet . . . which is a real problem where general audiences are concerned. I can testify that my own next-door door neighbor couldn't keep Green Lantern, Green Hornet, and Green Arrow straight.

He actually rented a GREEN LANTERN cartoon thinking it was the Seth Rogan comedy version of THE GREEN HORNET . . . .
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 04:56 AM   #35
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Sindatur wrote: View Post
23skidoo wrote: View Post

I'm doing a though at them remaking Beauty and the Beast as a cop show (I'm sorry - "procedural"). Apparently it's not simply a new take on the fairy tale but an actual remake of the TV series from the 1980s. Can you say Grimm rip-off?

Alex
I believe there's one of each, a severe re-imagining of the overall product and a remake of the TV Series
ABC might be doing a series based on the original fairy tale but there's been no pilot news about it...
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:03 AM   #36
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
23skidoo wrote: View Post
WOr maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.
Or maybe they just want to avoid confusion with Green Lantern and The Green Hornet . . . which is a real problem where general audiences are concerned. I can testify that my own next-door door neighbor couldn't keep Green Lantern, Green Hornet, and Green Arrow straight.

He actually rented a GREEN LANTERN cartoon thinking it was the Seth Rogan comedy version of THE GREEN HORNET . . . .


I bet he mixes up green apples and green beans at the store, too.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:06 AM   #37
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

23skidoo wrote: View Post
Oliver Queen, remember, is DC's version of Tony Stark,
No. Tony Stark is Marvel's version of Batman. Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.

I hope they include Black Canary because that's like doing Superman without Lois.
Like Smallville did for 3.5 years when the show was surprisingly popular with viewers and fans?

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
He actually rented a GREEN LANTERN cartoon thinking it was the Seth Rogan comedy version of THE GREEN HORNET . . . .
He likely did himself an accidental favor.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:11 AM   #38
Creepy Critter
Admiral
 
Creepy Critter's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

It's not easy being green.
__________________
CorporalCaptain
Creepy Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:12 AM   #39
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I went to see The Muppets thinking it was going to be Green Lantern. Boy, was I surprised.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:18 AM   #40
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger
 
OdoWanKenobi's Avatar
 
Location: Ysmault
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Broccoli wrote: View Post

Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.
Does not compute.
__________________
"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power: Green Lantern's light!"
OdoWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:26 AM   #41
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post

Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.
Does not compute.
A failed gag, clearly. However, Green Arrow, for the first 30 years or so, was a poor-man's Batman down to the fact that he even had an Arrow-Cave and an Arrow-Car. It wasn't until the early 1970s that GA was revamped into a social crusader.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:32 AM   #42
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post

Oliver Queen, who was created 22 years before Iron Man, is DC's knock-off of Batman.
Does not compute.
Rich guy with a young ward. Arrow Cave. Arrow Car. Do the math.

Most comics companies weren't shy about even ripping themselves off.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 05:33 AM   #43
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger
 
OdoWanKenobi's Avatar
 
Location: Ysmault
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Well then, perhaps that's my failing. The social crusader Green Arrow that went road tripping across America with Hal Jordan is the incarnation of the character that I'm most familiar with.
__________________
"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power: Green Lantern's light!"
OdoWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 06:14 AM   #44
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Broccoli wrote: View Post
I went to see The Muppets thinking it was going to be Green Lantern. Boy, was I surprised.
You likely did yourself an accidental favor.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2012, 08:21 AM   #45
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
I went to see The Muppets thinking it was going to be Green Lantern. Boy, was I surprised.
You likely did yourself an accidental favor.

__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
arrow, green arrow, the cw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.