RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,266
Posts: 5,349,555
Members: 24,614
Currently online: 511
Newest member: robyn

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14 2012, 11:48 PM   #3016
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

GemHaters wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
Damn...so will the Riddler be in it? I mean, he's the obvious choice for the villain.
Uhm, no....Bane and Catwoman. And potenially Talia Al Ghul...*shrugs*
pssstttt...Broccoli is a jokester, especially about ignoring "The Last Stand"
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:25 AM   #3017
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey Falls
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Damn...so will the Riddler be in it? I mean, he's the obvious choice for the villain.
It's totally going to be Khan.

So sayeth teh Internets.
__________________
"In the future... do I make it?"
"No."
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:52 AM   #3018
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Sindatur wrote: View Post
GemHaters wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
Damn...so will the Riddler be in it? I mean, he's the obvious choice for the villain.
Uhm, no....Bane and Catwoman. And potenially Talia Al Ghul...*shrugs*
pssstttt...Broccoli is a jokester, especially about ignoring "The Last Stand"
Why so serious?

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
Damn...so will the Riddler be in it? I mean, he's the obvious choice for the villain.
It's totally going to be Khan.

So sayeth teh Internets.
But they already did that. Time for something new!
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:47 PM   #3019
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Damn...so will the Riddler be in it? I mean, he's the obvious choice for the villain.
He'll be played by either Eddie Murphy or Johnny Depp. Fact.
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:48 PM   #3020
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

I thought Tennant was playing Riddler
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:51 PM   #3021
Jetfire
Guest
 
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Jack Black?
  Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:58 PM   #3022
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

^ No, he's doing the Green Lantern reboot.
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 12:59 PM   #3023
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 01:48 PM   #3024
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

I'm playing The Riddler.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 01:57 PM   #3025
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

GemHaters wrote: View Post
Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, like for real?! I'll never get over that
Which what just about every sentient being in the universe said about Heath Ledger as the Joker. Yeah, that one really backfired too. Let's see how things turn out, ok?

I mean, I get it when Michael Bay makes a new flick and people say it's going to suck, because... well, it's Michael Bay, he only understands hot women and explosions. But in his entire career, Christopher Nolan has made many, many great films, with actors cast in parts that fit them. So, making a comment where you say you KNOW that this will be not as good as TDK is a bit over the top really. We have no idea yet what it's going to be like. I mean, people are moaning because it's Bane and Catwoman, two iconic villians/characters in Batman, who they are afraid will be ruined for this film.
But for God's sake people, get of your high horses and get over yourselves!! Hold out judgement untill AFTER you've seen the film, ok?
__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 02:21 PM   #3026
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Plus, I'm being told that Hathaway is this film's Joker. So apparently her performance is very good. I don't think we have anything to be worried about.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 04:35 PM   #3027
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Catwoman is secretly the Joker?! Talk about a huge spoiler!
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 05:08 PM   #3028
GemHaters
Captain
 
Location: Deep Space 9
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Mage wrote: View Post
GemHaters wrote: View Post
Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, like for real?! I'll never get over that
Which what just about every sentient being in the universe said about Heath Ledger as the Joker. Yeah, that one really backfired too. Let's see how things turn out, ok?
Ugh...

First off, think of a different frigin argument, you people can never come up with anything original....

Second, you're comparing Anne Hathaway to Heath Ledger? Bitch, please....The dude is an Academy Award Winning Actor...Celebrated for more movies than just TDK. What's she done? Take her clothes off?....Yeah..That's about it...

Yeah, we'll see how things turn out. The movie will be worth the watch, but if it sucks for any reason whatsoever, it'll be her fault...And you all know it....

Fact (Of The Horrible Actress Variety)
GemHaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 05:39 PM   #3029
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang, now with ridges
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

GemHaters wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post
GemHaters wrote: View Post
Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, like for real?! I'll never get over that
Which what just about every sentient being in the universe said about Heath Ledger as the Joker. Yeah, that one really backfired too. Let's see how things turn out, ok?
Ugh...

First off, think of a different frigin argument, you people can never come up with anything original....

Second, you're comparing Anne Hathaway to Heath Ledger? Bitch, please....The dude is an Academy Award Winning Actor...Celebrated for more movies than just TDK. What's she done? Take her clothes off?....Yeah..That's about it...

Yeah, we'll see how things turn out. The movie will be worth the watch, but if it sucks for any reason whatsoever, it'll be her fault...And you all know it....

Fact (Of The Horrible Actress Variety)
Uh, I think she's sorta famous for more than taking her clothes. She's not even noted for that. Not the first thing that pops into mind when the name "Anne Hathaway" comes up.
__________________
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 05:41 PM   #3030
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

I admit I'm not the biggest fan of Anne Hathaway, and I have a hard time picturing her as Catwoman, but I feel confident saying that she won't ruin this movie.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
batman, christopher nolan, the dark knight rises

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.