RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,685
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 411
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 22 2011, 05:40 AM   #571
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: Mass Effect 3

Reverend wrote: View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again; my sole survivor femShep would *never* work for Cerberus and I hated how they railroaded you in ME2 without ever giving you the opportunity to object. I'm convinced she's been indoctrinated by Reaper elevator music or something.
Old December 22 2011, 12:20 PM   #572
Reverend
Rear Admiral

...so that's why her father didn't keep the earlier ones...the geneticist had butter fingers.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2011, 07:36 PM   #573
John Clark
Commodore

I've said it before and I'll say it again; my sole survivor femShep would *never* work for Cerberus and I hated how they railroaded you in ME2 without ever giving you the opportunity to object. I'm convinced she's been indoctrinated by Reaper elevator music or something.

I'd say the same for all but one of my Sheps. One of them wouldn't have even got to Freedom's Progress as they'd have stolen the shuttle and made a run for the closest alliance base before it got that far.

The Shep I just finished last night could conceivably work with Cerberus though. Didn't do any of the Cerberus related missions in ME1, was pro terra-firma and got rid of almost all of the alien team members in 2 without losing a single human. (Losing Tali was probably the most difficult).

It wasn't a particularly pleasant playthrough, but I'm curious as to how that one will play through in 3.
Old January 5 2012, 10:06 AM   #574
Reverend
Rear Admiral

...aaaand the pre-order items have been announced. Whoopie?
Old January 5 2012, 02:54 PM   #575
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Better jump on those pre-orders, especially for the Collector's Edition.
Old January 5 2012, 07:00 PM   #576
Reverend
Rear Admiral

As it happens I did just pre-order the CE the other day. I had been holding out to see if Amazon UK (where I have some credit) would stock it or if there would be a digital deluxe edition on Steam or something, but it looks like that's for naught. Over here it looks like Game & Gamestation have an exclusive deal. No idea which, if any of the pre order deals will apply over here but I can't say I'm too bothered. I mean I hardly ever used any of the special armours or weapons from ME2.
Old January 5 2012, 07:03 PM   #577
John Clark
Commodore

I've been hoping Amazon would get the CE version too and am considering switching my order.
Old January 6 2012, 05:00 PM   #578
Camren
Commodore

Your femshep should show some gratitude. She'd be a frozen corpse if not for Cerberus.
Camren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2012, 09:49 PM   #579
Skywalker
Admiral

Cerberus would have been a bunch of corpses if not for Shepard, so I think they're already even.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 04:42 PM   #580
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm sure if given the choice Jade Shepard would have told Cerberus they could kiss her frozen corpse's arse rather than have her work for them. What they did to Admiral Kohoku was one thing, but the thing with Akuze and Tombes was personal.

Anyway, a new episode of Bioware Pulse is up. Nothing spectacular, though it's nice to know they're continuing to refine the dialogue to avoid those odd occasions where it felt incongruous the the situation. Also couldn't help but notice the name Sederis in the dialogue. A quick search on the wiki turns up the name Jona Sederis, the Asari that founded the Eclipse merc company. Could be interesting, given that the dialogue implies she's as mad as a box of frogs.
Old January 10 2012, 05:28 PM   #581
MacLeod
Admiral

Well for the US maybe, but not for the rest of the world.

And of course we are being made to wait another 3 days before we get it on this side of the pond.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2012, 11:11 PM   #582
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I'm sure the bonuses will be the same regardless. The only difference is which vendor will get the exclusive gear. For us I'd say since Game & Gamestation are the only ones stocking (or allowed to stock?) the CE for preorder then either one or both of those will have the armour and assault rifle.

Personally I don't care. I almost never used any of the bonus DLC armour & weapons in ME2 and I doubt this will be any different.
Old January 10 2012, 11:16 PM   #583
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

The pre-order gear for ME2 were all useless except for the blackstorm, and there's apparently a similar weapon in vanilla ME3.

The non-exclusive DLC weapons (Mattock, Geth shotty) were OP like nothing else
Old January 10 2012, 11:47 PM   #584
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
The pre-order gear for ME2 were all useless except for the blackstorm, and there's apparently a similar weapon in vanilla ME3.

The non-exclusive DLC weapons (Mattock, Geth shotty) were OP like nothing else
Actually, I think the Blackstorm is in ME3, with an added Codex entry or something.

The Firepower pack was specifically designed to be OP in ME2, so they'll probably be rebalanced for ME3.
Old January 11 2012, 02:59 AM   #585
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Actually I found the Firepower pack helped to rebalance certain things on the harder difficulty settings. Specifically, playing as an Adept is really tough on the higher levels since you have no powers that can reliably deal with shielded enemies. With vanilla shotguns it's difficult because the Adept seems to have very weak shields and getting in close is almost certain death. the Geth shotgun remedies that on both fronts.

As for the ME2 preorder DLC; I got the Steam "digital deluxe" version so I've never used the Blackstorm. Looked like fun though. I think I had that fugly Inferno armour, the Incisor (sp?) sniper rifle and the Collector weapons and armour (plus of course, Zaeed & the Normandy crashsite.)

The sniper rifle was actually quite useful if you gave it to your sniper squadmates as it would often completely take out enemy shields in one burst. As a Soldier or Infiltrator I found you have to resist the urge to sight on the head as the recoil will send the second & third shots high. Instead go for the centre of mass and let the recoil do the work and (if you're lucky) get the headshot with the third round. VERY effective vs. Vorcha.

I've actually been messing round with the Gibbed editor recently and just for fun I'm seeing what it's like running around as a Sentinel with the Claymore, the Revenant & the Willow. I'm going to have to up the difficulty to nightmare or something because I'm just single handedly cutting through every enemy, even on hardcore!