Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 7 2012, 10:51 PM   #4021
the G-man
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^ I remember overhearing someone saying that "'im 'rry" is playing the Riddler in the new Batman film' and thinking that at last Tim was getting his big break! Of course, it was Jim Carrey, not Tim Curry - though I wasn't too disappointed in that choice either.
Kind of a similar thing happened to me with the first film. Someone overheard me talking about the casting of Michael Keaton and said "he'll make a great Joker."

Space Therapist wrote: View Post
I always thought that Ray Liotta (Goodfellas) would have made a great Joker.
The 1989 film's Screenwriter Sam Hamm actually said the same thing. I think Liotta might have actually been in the short list, along with Curry, of guys to be considerd if Nicholson turned it down.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 11:08 PM   #4022
Gojira
Commodore

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Anyone want to speculate when we'll see footage from the film? I read something from last month saying that DC won't show the first trailer for six months...which would be sometime around comic con. I think they'll have a strong presence at SDCC this year. I've read a lot of thoughts from my friends who think the teaser will be attached with "The Dark Knight Rises" which makes sense. Production wraps up here in Vancouver in two weeks. I expect though we could get a teaser poster in the next couple of months. Not sure why I think that but that's just a gut feeling. We'll probably hear about who will compose in that time frame. I don't think it will be Tyler Bates as he's got a couple of projects already for 2012 he is working on.
I am hoping around the release of Dark Knight Rises we'll see a trailer.

Has principle photography ended for the movie yet?
Old January 7 2012, 11:17 PM   #4023
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

^ Supposed to wrap up on the 21st of this month.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 11:29 PM   #4024
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

I say Warners should do a double tap to the main core audience.
A minute to minute 15 sec teaser with perhaps all of 20-30 seconds of that with actual footage. Do the black screen with voice over showing perhaps silhouettes.

Then at TDKR show the first 2min+ full of footage trailer.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2012, 03:12 AM   #4025
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
I say Warners should do a double tap to the main core audience.
A minute to minute 15 sec teaser with perhaps all of 20-30 seconds of that with actual footage. Do the black screen with voice over showing perhaps silhouettes.

Then at TDKR show the first 2min+ full of footage trailer.
Well, since the movie won't come out until June 2013, which is still a year and a half away, I'd say it makes more sense to attach the first teaser to TDKR and release the first real trailer with The Hobbit.

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2012, 03:30 AM   #4026
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Yeah, that'll work also.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2012, 03:39 AM   #4027
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

80s Jeff Goldblum would have made a good Joker. Tall, thin and has a big smile. As for Luthor, Alfred Molina with his head shaved is a dead ringer for the 1950s comics Luthor.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2012, 04:40 AM   #4028
pengbuzz

I'll give the new one with Henry Cavill a chance, but after seeing the Brandon Routh film, I'm not very optimistic.
Old January 8 2012, 04:43 AM   #4029
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

The two movies, other than being about Superman, have virtually nothing in common. So there's no reason why to think the previous movie would have any impact on this one.

I mean, you didn't judge "Batman Begins" based on what "Batman and Robin" was like, did you?

Last edited by Trekker4747; January 8 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2012, 05:01 AM   #4030
pengbuzz

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
The two movies, other than being about Superman, have virtually nothing in common. So there's no reason why to think the previous movie would have any impact on this one.

I mean, you didn't judge "Batman Returns" based on what "Batman and Robin" was like, did you?
Because frankly, Hollyweird has run out of any good ideas. And I didn't like any of the Batman films to be honest.
Old January 8 2012, 05:08 AM   #4031
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

pengbuzz wrote: View Post

I mean, you didn't judge "Batman Returns" based on what "Batman and Robin" was like, did you?
Because frankly, Hollyweird has run out of any good ideas. And I didn't like any of the Batman films to be honest.
Using "Hollyweird" and whining about the "lack of ideas" pretty much negates what ever point you're trying to make.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Old January 8 2012, 05:14 AM   #4032
pengbuzz

Santa Kang wrote: View Post

Using "Hollyweird" and whining about the "lack of ideas" pretty much negates what ever point you're trying to make.
opinions vary.
Old January 8 2012, 05:25 AM   #4033
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Santa Kang wrote: View Post

opinions vary.
Hollywood is Hollywood. Its always been a mixed of good ideas and bad ideas. Only nostalgia lets us think it was better in the old days. Its no "weirder" than it was back then either. "Hollyweird" just isn't that clever a play on words.
Old January 8 2012, 05:27 AM   #4034
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

So pengbuzz is not optimistic about "Man of Steel" not because he didn't like "Superman Returns" but because hollywood has "run out of ideas"? I thought the answer was going to be because he didn't like "Superman Returns". That would have been understandable.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2012, 05:54 AM   #4035
pengbuzz

I didn't like superman returns and I don't think Hollywood has any new ideas. Sorry if I offended folks' sensibilities here, but when it is my money buying the movie ticket, I reserve the right to like what I like. And in the last few years, Hollywood hasn't had anything good; to say it's "nostalgia" is to maintain the "always has been always will be" mindset.

So with that, I will step out of this thread; if I wanted to get jumped for stating my honest opinion, I'd go sign up on a video gamers' forum.