Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 182 69.73%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 56 21.46%
Meh. 17 6.51%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 6 2.30%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7 2011, 11:34 PM   #526
ActionAce1982
Ensign

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Maurice Navidad wrote: View Post
Welcome ActionAce1982,

Thanks, Maurice. Glad to be here!
ActionAce1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2011, 07:07 AM   #527
Bad-Wolf
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh, I didn't saw this thread before. Well, I'm new here. I'm Alexandre, 22 years old, living in Belgium, blah blah blah.
I think the first time I've watched Star Trek was actually... T.J. Hooker. For some reasons I was a fan of Shatner when I was a kid, from this soap opera. And then my grandfather showed me a VHS of The Motion Picture. And since then Star Trek always have been a part of my life. But some remote part. Until... Until I remembered about that when I was 17 or so, and I decided to buy the first season of all Trek shows. And then I fall in love with DS9. I like the others though.
But since here people discovered TOS in the 80's, Star Trek has a bad reputation (bad quality and so on) and most people laugh at me when I'm talking about Star Trek :P
Even an American, who told me once she was a Star Trek fan, and happy to see a "revival" of the Star Trek franchise. Then I started to argue why this movie was really bad. And she answered "Oh, please stop, I'm not that kind of Star Trek fan. But I'm sure you'll find plenty of Americans with whom you can talk about that."
Hopefully since then I've discovered the novels, and I'm less angry about JJ's movie, but still,...
Anyway, enough talking.

See ya!
Bad-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2011, 04:17 PM   #528
Voyagerstardate
Ensign

Welcome everyone. Glad to have everyone on board ^_^
Old December 24 2011, 12:00 PM   #529
Killandra
Lieutenant Commander

View Killandra's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Killandra Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Killandra Send a message via Yahoo to Killandra

Hello everyone! I have visited this site a billion times (okay that's perhaps stretching a bit...), but a friend of mine kind of encouraged me to give this place a shot, so here I am.

My name's Renee and I've been a Trek fan since I was in diapers (literally)! I love them all- I watched reruns of TOS as a toddler with my dad, TNG as a kid with my step sister, and a few friends of mine and I carried on to DS9-ENT from our middle school- college days.

Voyager is my fave. It is the one that stole my soul and won't return it. ( Though I will admit my gripe with Voyager is Chakotay's "Native beliefs", but being I am Native American, I feel I am inclined to have that prerogative. Otherwise, I like the character, but my hero of course, is Janeway.)

Aside from Trek, I love other sf movies, series, and books as well as comics, 80s and early 90s cartoons, anime, manga, drawing, traveling, film making, role playing games (like D&D...NOT the other kind, lol), fan fiction, learning new things, and meeting new people. I look forward to meeting everyone.
Killandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2011, 08:40 PM   #530
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Welcome to the boards

"Come to Quark's, Quark's is fun, come right now, don't walk - RUN!" Quark
kirsten187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2011, 07:28 AM   #531
Killandra
Lieutenant Commander

View Killandra's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Killandra Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Killandra Send a message via Yahoo to Killandra

kirsten187 wrote: View Post
Welcome to the boards
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old January 3 2012, 08:02 AM   #532
A.V.I.A.F.
Captain

Hello Everyone,

I have been a regular on on the TOS boards for a little over a year now. I currently tend the TOS Caption Contest and I thought I would check out GTD of which I have heard many good things.

I have been a fan of TOS for over three decades.
A.V.I.A.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2012, 04:40 PM   #533
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

A.V.I.A.F. wrote: View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been a regular on on the TOS boards for a little over a year now. I currently tend the TOS Caption Contest and I thought I would check out GTD of which I have heard many good things.

You're just a young pup.

I used to tend to greetings of newbies and such, then Kirsten187 took the reins and is doing a wonderful job. I haven't been around much lately due to Real Life situations. As always, anyone is welcome to join in welcoming new members to the board.

TrekBBS is much better at helping new members get acclimated than other boards I have visited. There is always someone who will answer a question or lend a hand here.
Old January 4 2012, 08:55 AM   #534
A.V.I.A.F.
Captain

Great! Thanks!

Sector 7 wrote: View Post
A.V.I.A.F. wrote: View Post
Hello Everyone,

You're just a young pup.

I used to tend to greetings of newbies and such, then Kirsten187 took the reins and is doing a wonderful job. I haven't been around much lately due to Real Life situations. As always, anyone is welcome to join in welcoming new members to the board.

TrekBBS is much better at helping new members get acclimated than other boards I have visited. There is always someone who will answer a question or lend a hand here.
Old January 4 2012, 07:57 PM   #535
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Nice avatar.
Old January 5 2012, 01:37 AM   #536
A.V.I.A.F.
Captain

Thanks!
Old January 5 2012, 01:59 AM   #537
ArcherFanForever
Lieutenant Commander

Hello Everyone!

So who's into the Trek Conventions, or Trek Khans? I've probably met some of you in Vegas or Chicago. Guess my favorite Trek series would have to be TNG. Favorite character Worf. Been a Trek fan for many, many years. Not sure when I joined this site, but this is my first post in this thread.

ArcherFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2012, 12:14 PM   #538
Vreemdeling
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi all, I am new here, but have been a fan for about 15 years. I live in Bloemfontein South Africa, I work as an architect and architectural historian. I am looking forward to all the Trek discussions.

I doubt that I will ever attend a convention since I live in what is basically the Delta Quadrant.
Vreemdeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2012, 05:54 PM   #539
JayOwl
Vice Admiral

View JayOwl's Twitter Profile

Welcome to the TrekBBS ArcherFaForever and Vreemdeling!

I've never been interested in attended a convention, so never been either. I'm only a casual fan, so I'd probably be very out of place there.
JayOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2012, 09:32 PM   #540
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Hi, Vreemdeling! Nice to see someone from South Africa here. Does Star Trek have some following there? Part of my extended family (well, we aren't really related) lived there or hails from there. Also, my Operating system kinda has its origin there. So, I feel some connection to the country.