RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,857
Posts: 5,221,354
Members: 24,232
Currently online: 523
Newest member: glasssplashback

TrekToday headlines

Takei To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Yelchin In New Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

U.S. Rights For Pegg Comedy Secured
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 21 2011, 10:59 PM   #1
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Used a gift card given to me as a Solstice present from my sister (she stopped celebrating Christmas, but still does gift exchanges) and bought the ebook versions of STMU: Rise Like Lions, Eureka: Substitution by Cris Ramsay (actually Trek author Aaron Rosenberg using a house name that is applied to all Eureka novels), Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever by our very own Greg Cox, and Star Wars: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn.
So has anyone else gotten, or expecting to get some Trek Lit, or Trek Lit related stuff for Christmas this year?
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2011, 11:10 PM   #2
bbailey861
Admiral
 
bbailey861's Avatar
 
Location: Kingston, ON
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

I will most definitely be getting Trek literature this Christmas. I do every year, along with other Trek goodies.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2011, 11:16 PM   #3
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas


Beware aliens bearing gifts by Therin of Andor, on Flickr
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2011, 11:20 PM   #4
bfollowell
Commander
 
bfollowell's Avatar
 
Location: Evansville, IN, USA
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Since I get most of the newer novels over the past few years as soon as they're released, I won't be getting any of those but I did ask for the Haynes Enterprise manual. I guess it technically isn't literature and it's gotten a lot of bad press but it's the only tech book that's been released in several years so I figured I'd ask for it anyway. I guess I'll see in a few days if it made the grade with the wife or not.

- Byron
__________________
Underachievement - Because soaring with the eagles requires so much more effort.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral
 
Deranged Nasat's Avatar
 
Location: Grudgingly agreeing not to eat my friends.
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Perhaps Kang and Kodos can help with the UFP/Typhon Pact decision making process?

"It doesn't matter which of them you vote for; either way your planet is doomed. DOOOOMED!"

__________________
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away.
Deranged Nasat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2011, 02:35 AM   #6
ryan123450
Commodore
 
ryan123450's Avatar
 
Location: Woodward, OK
View ryan123450's Twitter Profile
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

My brother bought me Rise Like Lions and gave it to me on Sunday. Can't wait til I finish Vanguard: Declassified so I can tear into it.
__________________

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2011, 05:58 PM   #7
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

JD wrote: View Post
Used a gift card given to me as a Solstice present from my sister (she stopped celebrating Christmas, but still does gift exchanges) and bought the ebook versions of STMU: Rise Like Lions, Eureka: Substitution by Cris Ramsay (actually Trek author Aaron Rosenberg using a house name that is applied to all Eureka novels), Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever by our very own Greg Cox, and Star Wars: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn.
So has anyone else gotten, or expecting to get some Trek Lit, or Trek Lit related stuff for Christmas this year?
Hope you like the WH13 book!
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2011, 06:02 PM   #8
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

i'm getting What Judgements Come, Rise Like Lions and Blind Man's Bluff (when Amazon ship the MMPB)
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2011, 11:29 PM   #9
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
Blind Man's Bluff (when Amazon ship the MMPB)
Ssssshhhhh!!!! Everyone knows this is a dead spot in the Pocket/Gallery schedule and no one is looking forward to a MMPB reprint of a trade.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 12:40 AM   #10
Smellincoffee
Fleet Captain
 
Smellincoffee's Avatar
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

I can say with certainty that I won't be receiving any Trek literature for Christmas, and I doubt I'll get money to buy my own because my people will be buying me lots of clothes this year...and rightfully so, because I lost quite a few pounds this fall and now a fair bit of my wardrobe no longer fits.
__________________
DS9 CapCon Relaunch!
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 01:55 AM   #11
Kertrats47
Fleet Captain
 
Kertrats47's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
View Kertrats47's Twitter Profile
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Smellincoffee wrote: View Post
I can say with certainty that I won't be receiving any Trek literature for Christmas, and I doubt I'll get money to buy my own because my people will be buying me lots of clothes this year...and rightfully so, because I lost quite a few pounds this fall and now a fair bit of my wardrobe no longer fits.
Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm in the same boat, I've shed quite a few pounds in the last year. None of my clothes fit anymore, and it's a great feeling!
__________________
Trek Lit Reviews (Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel by Christopher L. Bennett - March 13th, 2014)
2014 Star Trek Book Releases
Kertrats47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 02:46 AM   #12
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Used a gift card given to me as a Solstice present from my sister (she stopped celebrating Christmas, but still does gift exchanges) and bought the ebook versions of STMU: Rise Like Lions, Eureka: Substitution by Cris Ramsay (actually Trek author Aaron Rosenberg using a house name that is applied to all Eureka novels), Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever by our very own Greg Cox, and Star Wars: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn.
So has anyone else gotten, or expecting to get some Trek Lit, or Trek Lit related stuff for Christmas this year?
Hope you like the WH13 book!
I skimmed some of it the other day, and what I read felt like it could have been picked up right out of an episode of the show, so I'm pretty sure I'll love it. You might be interested to know that one of the next paperbacks I plan to read is Welcome to Promise City. These will actually be my first full length Greg Cox novels, and after interacting with you on here for so long I'm really looking forward to them.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Fer
Commander
 
Fer's Avatar
 
Location: Pittsburgh PA area
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Awesome new picture, Therin.

JD, Welcome to Promise City is FANTASTIC.

Probably no TrekLit for me for the holidays, as I can never wait to buy them when they come out!
__________________
http://fersforum.blogspot.com
Fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 01:46 PM   #14
bfollowell
Commander
 
bfollowell's Avatar
 
Location: Evansville, IN, USA
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

Smellincoffee wrote: View Post
...and rightfully so, because I lost quite a few pounds this fall and now a fair bit of my wardrobe no longer fits.
Kertrats47 wrote: View Post
Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm in the same boat, I've shed quite a few pounds in the last year. None of my clothes fit anymore, and it's a great feeling!
I'm pretty sure I found your guys' lost pounds over the past several months. You're more than welcome to them if you'd like them back!

I'm definitely changing my eating habits after the holidays and restarting my exercise routine...

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, sorry for any I forgot.

- Byron
__________________
Underachievement - Because soaring with the eagles requires so much more effort.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 06:03 PM   #15
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: A Very Trek Lit Chritmas

JD wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Used a gift card given to me as a Solstice present from my sister (she stopped celebrating Christmas, but still does gift exchanges) and bought the ebook versions of STMU: Rise Like Lions, Eureka: Substitution by Cris Ramsay (actually Trek author Aaron Rosenberg using a house name that is applied to all Eureka novels), Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever by our very own Greg Cox, and Star Wars: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn.
So has anyone else gotten, or expecting to get some Trek Lit, or Trek Lit related stuff for Christmas this year?
Hope you like the WH13 book!
I skimmed some of it the other day, and what I read felt like it could have been picked up right out of an episode of the show, so I'm pretty sure I'll love it. You might be interested to know that one of the next paperbacks I plan to read is Welcome to Promise City. These will actually be my first full length Greg Cox novels, and after interacting with you on here for so long I'm really looking forward to them.
Ooops, turns out I flipped the format of the books. Welcome is an ebook and Promises Broken is a paper. I knew I had one of each, I just flipped which was which format.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
christmas, presents, trek lit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.