Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 19 2011, 11:56 PM   #2671
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
aside from having Dent as a story point at all
I don't see how one can watch the end of TDK and not expect Dent to be addressed in the sequel.
Old December 19 2011, 11:58 PM   #2672
nvek86
Commander

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
so, what was his line?
"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."
nvek86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 01:36 AM   #2673
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

It's kinda scary how much JGL looks like Heath Ledger, I just noticed.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 01:42 AM   #2674
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

This article in an interesting read, in an "inside baseball" kind of way -- Tim Drake's version of the "Robin" logo appears in the trailer.

I'd point that that Stephanie used the same version of the logo during her tenure as Robin, and Juno Temple is a dead-ringer for Steph....

That said, I don't think there's any deep meaning there. It's a stylized R. Sports fans do things like that.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 02:38 AM   #2675
JD
Admiral

Just watched the trailer and I loved it. I cannot wait for this movie. Although, I will admit I couldn't understand the second half of Banes line. But I think that was probably more because I'm watching it on a computer, and it's got music and stuff in the background. I have no doubt that I'll be able to understand him fine in the theater. And I thought the effects for the football field collapsing looked great.
Old December 20 2011, 03:26 AM   #2676
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
The "batmobile" does look a little shaky but the effects aren't finished yet.
I assume you mean the "Batwing"

Set photo

Almost finished product

Set videos

And i'm still amazed at how the nearly finished football scene turned out.

It's only been a couple of months since we followed the production videos of that.

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 05:56 AM   #2677
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

The R sign "Robin" rumours are quite ridiculous. As much as I would like to see a Robin in the film Nolan has made it quite clear in previous interviews that he won't be seen. Of course this very well could change now given the time frame of the movie.

Joseph Gordon Levitt looks nothing like Heath Ledger in the trailer. I have to admit that John Blake is a fascinating character. Whoever Juno Temple is playing is another.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 06:45 AM   #2678
C_Miller
Captain

I still kind of think that JGL is going to be a Robin type character and when it actually comes down to it, his name is going to be Dick Grayson or Tim Drake. If this is the 100% end of Bruce Wayne, there is no way that the ending is going to have any glimmer of hope unless there is someone to possibly take over and while these movies are dark, they need some hope.

Edit: I will say that I thought Hathaway did fine. Fans are going to be angry about her existence in general, but she was great. Menacing even.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 06:59 AM   #2679
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I too thought Anne was great as Selina. Mysterious, menacing, sexy. All the elements that a fan would come to expect from a Catwoman. It's going to be interesting to see how she fits into this. There are so many questions this trailer raises. Regarding the prison we saw...could it be Bane imprisons Bruce in Black Gate? I assume that by this point Arkham has been restored. That was a plot point still not resolved at the end of "The Dark Knight". Perhaps Bane after he uncovers his identity imprisons him to get him out of the way. We've not really seen Batman put in a classic trap yet in these films so perhaps this is the Nolan version.

Old December 20 2011, 07:03 AM   #2680
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

The trailer looked good, but for some reason I'm just not as hyped about TDKR as I was about TDK. The feeling just isn't there this time, and I don't know why.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2011, 07:33 AM   #2681
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Off topic: I am always amazed at how the Internet will completely embrace or reject something. This trailer gives no indication of what the story is going to be, shows us very few, fleeing shots of the movie's protagonist, and shows off some not-quite fully rendered SFX. You know what it reminded me of? The first Tintin trailer which did the same things, and people loathed it because of that, yet folks are praising TDKR trailer.

Anyway, the trailer was fine. Nothing special, but it did its job. Lets face it, this movie doesn't need any promotion. The anticipation is too incredibly high for the movie's own good.
Old December 20 2011, 07:47 AM   #2682
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

What happened to people simply liking or not liking something? Unless I'm completely naive? I realize that I happen to like most things but I'm also very vocal about stuff I do not like. If I didn't like the prologue or the trailer for whatever reason I would express that dislike. *Shrugs*.

As for the anticipation...for me this is on par with the anticipation for "The Dark Knight". Everyone was eager to see Heath Ledger as Joker. I remember folks when we first saw pics being critical and sceptical of that as well. I do agree though Broc that this film doesn't need any promotion. It kind of speaks for it's self in that regard.

Old December 20 2011, 08:09 AM   #2683
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
What happened to people simply liking or not liking something?
It is still around, but if your opinion happens to be against the majority (with the added "bonus" of fanboy majority), good luck.

As for the anticipation...for me this is on par with the anticipation for "The Dark Knight". Everyone was eager to see Heath Ledger as Joker. I remember folks when we first saw pics being critical and sceptical of that as well. I do agree though Broc that this film doesn't need any promotion. It kind of speaks for it's self in that regard.
This movie is different. There was anticipation for TDK, but nothing close to the frenzy the internet is in over TDKR. And, lets face it, the main reason people became eager to see Ledger was because he died. This might sound morbid, but Ledger's death was the best marketing that film could have had.
Old December 20 2011, 08:40 AM   #2684
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Don't get the Hathaway hate from some corners. She seemed good in the brief glimpses we had of her and she's known to be an all-around competent actress. I can't lie, though, I found her to be quite beautiful in the trailer, too, so there's also that.
Old December 20 2011, 08:44 AM   #2685
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

here is a detailed analysis of the trailer