Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old November 29 2011, 03:38 AM   #31
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Shaping a Cardassian--"Among the Dragons" -- Edited

I've reviewed many sections of this the first time, or in private, but I have to tell you about the wedding!

I know you showed me something with the ratatoon tradition before, but even then, the reaction of these little nonconformist ratatoon was adorable and so fitting considering the odd couple they "represent."

Now, is that blue part of the eye ridges that you have in your avatar what you're describing here? Does that mean your version of Gul Ocett is following an ancient custom for some reason?

One thing that surprised me a bit was that it seemed like the wedding rehearsal and the wedding were on the same day; why did they not rehearse it on a different day? (Which would also include stuff like being sure to arrange for the recording of the vows beforehand rather than figuring out the need for it at the last minute.) Is that because Cardassians don't think they need rehearsals? This could be a real cultural difference here, so I wanted to know if that's what you intended.

I'm very glad Ms. Karama got to come to the wedding. I'm surprised her horror of a husband let her, but that's fortunate that she was able to offer her support to her son and to her daughter-in-law.

Finally, I'm glad to see that Kapoor found a way to interject her own culture into this so it wasn't a totally one-sided thing.
Old November 29 2011, 05:29 AM   #32
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
I know you showed me something with the ratatoon tradition before, but even then, the reaction of these little nonconformist ratatoon was adorable and so fitting considering the odd couple they "represent."
The previous ratatoon time was the prompt at AdAstra and Jarol and Toral's wedding.

Now, is that blue part of the eye ridges that you have in your avatar what you're describing here? Does that mean your version of Gul Ocett is following an ancient custom for some reason?
I am not sure Gul Ocett put that blue colouring to follow a tradition, because I don't think the tradition is that strong anymore. More of she wanted it to be a part of her make-up without a deeper meaning.

A bit like bindi not being only a red dot, but coming an any other form and often just as a decoration.
One thing that surprised me a bit was that it seemed like the wedding rehearsal and the wedding were on the same day; why did they not rehearse it on a different day? (Which would also include stuff like being sure to arrange for the recording of the vows beforehand rather than figuring out the need for it at the last minute.) Is that because Cardassians don't think they need rehearsals? This could be a real cultural difference here, so I wanted to know if that's what you intended.
I think the preparations took some time, but the final thing happened all within one day. I am not even sure any special rehearsals are necessary, but in this case Kapoor had to learn a lot of things.

I'm very glad Ms. Karama got to come to the wedding. I'm surprised her horror of a husband let her, but that's fortunate that she was able to offer her support to her son and to her daughter-in-law.
Something tells me that Tasar went to their house and picked up him mom to bring her, whatever his father had to say about it. So he would help his mom "fight" old Karama, if old Karama tried to stop her.
Finally, I'm glad to see that Kapoor found a way to interject her own culture into this so it wasn't a totally one-sided thing.
It somehow came off naturally
Old December 19 2011, 01:53 PM   #33
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

[This chapter contains sexual references. While there is no explicit, graphic, or anatomical content, presence of sexual and sensual themes is strongly present. Reader’s discretion is advised.]

_________

Chapter 24—Day 715

“Is it me, or was your armour exceptionally shiny today?” I asked, entering his quarters aboard the Roumar.

He didn’t reply at first. He was sitting in front of a window, facing the stars and I could easily tell he was tired. “I asked one of gareshes to polish it,” he said quietly.

“Oh, a garesh. And, silly me, I thought you worked hard to make it so shiny that it looked almost like a silver armour of a legate.”

He only harrumphed, but a small smile played on his lips.

He wasn’t wearing his armour now; it lay on the sofa, probably thrown carelessly.

“Hungry?” he asked.

“Are you kidding me? We just spent the whole day eating. Besides, it’s like four o’clock in the morning. I don’t eat at such an hour; I sleep.”

He stood up and approached me. He wasn’t the tallest Cardassian ever, but I still felt dwarfed by him. He caressed my eyebrow—for some reason he liked doing it. I guess it fascinated him just like his eye ridges fascinated me. His finger traversed down to my chin and he leaned to kiss me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit with him on the sofa. I sat next to him and stroke his hair. I pulled it back; it was long enough for a tiny pony tail. I hadn’t planned that, but pulling his hair away behind his ears exposed his neck ridges. We had had moments of intimacy, but there were still “regions” I was no allowed to and his neck ridges belong to that group, probably holding the first place.

Did they still?

I slid my finger down the ridged edge of his ear, but did not proceed toward his chin ridge, but below the ear and down his neck instead. At first there seemed not to be any reaction, but a deep sigh I heard after a moment told me that my touch had an effect. Lack of his stopping me was a clear message—I was not banned from the fascinating Cardassian neck ridges any longer.

First, I slid my fingers down the edge of the ridge, but then changed my tactics. I sat on his lap to face him. He kissed me, but after a moment I pulled away. I placed my hands on his chin and then again moved them to the top of his ridges. This time, I slid my fingers just below the row of the big scales, stroking the tiny ones that looked like human skin from distance.

His facial expression was priceless. My fingers traversed down his collarbone ridge and returned up his neck to his chin and the blissful expression didn’t change even for a moment. Was all his neck that sensitive?

If my fingers brought so much pleasure, how about...

I leaned closer, kissed his neck ridge, leaving my tongue lingering on it for a longer moment. Something vibrated deep inside him and I probably wouldn’t hear it, but since my body was pressed to him, I felt it.

He moved and for a terrible second I thought I’d done something very bad and was just about to land on the floor, but he only wanted to rise and carry me to his—our?—bedroom.

If I’d thought we had had moments of intimacy before, I was just about to find out what a real intimacy meant. And those magical moments weren’t marred even by little technical difficulties and precautions we had to take not to hurt me...

Sweet Kamadeva, it was well worth waiting!
Old December 19 2011, 05:56 PM   #34
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Did he just...start purring?

(And a garesh polishing his armor? I agree with Kapoor. Surely he is capable of doing it himself? )
Old December 20 2011, 12:39 AM   #35
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Did he just...start purring?
I'm not sure, but something did happen inside him
(And a garesh polishing his armor? I agree with Kapoor. Surely he is capable of doing it himself? )
Yeah...but you know...he's a glinn and can order someone to do that
Old January 15 2012, 05:13 AM   #36
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Chapter 25 -- Day...I lost count

Days started to blend—everyday chores, problems and little victories filled my life. What used to be astonishing and surprising became normal and usual. I started to grow into Cardassian life, juggling between my exams at the Military Academy, my service aboard the Roumar and my life as a wife. Another proof that Cardassians weren’t monsters, but just...people. Different from us, humans, but people.

It wasn’t always ideal. And I sometimes missed my home and Earth, but the longer I was on Cardassia, the more home it felt. The kids were born and their wonderful presence sealed my fate as a “naturalised” Cardassian.

Tavor was sweet and caring. We had our share of quarrels and conflicts, but never anything to shake the base of our marriage and threaten with destroying it.

The kids came to this world not without problems, but their presence and lives made it worth every risk I had taken. Chumi was growing to become a wonderful, smart and elegant woman; she cherished her Indian heritage and proudly wore her saris and a bindi in her chanth. Tarin was a happy, active and naughty boy, who made more more laugh than angry. His protectiveness of his older sister was an indication that when he grew up, he’d be as caring as his father. I loved them very much.

Who would have thought that my place on Earth was on...Cardassia Prime?

The End