RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 524
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old December 12 2011, 02:50 PM   #616
Trek
Fleet Captain

Re: STO Trek BBS Fleet

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Trek wrote: View Post
I'm looking for a new laptop in the not too distant future (mine died completely last weekend) and while it's mainly for work, one of the requirements will be that it has to be able to play STO.
Well, that was my plan initially. Then reality brought me back to my budget. I have a Gateway M1629. If it runs STO I'm sure that it would be with the graphics on the lowest setting. I'll probably try it during the Christmas break.

For STO, I suggest you consider a laptop with at least 256MB dedicated memory or one with the newer CPUs that have the intergrated HD graphics.
/
Thankfully as a web-developer I need something with a good graphics capability so the budget will be about £700-£800, with i5 processor, 4gb ram and a dedicated graphics card.
Twitter: @Trek88
Old December 12 2011, 05:59 PM   #617
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I reorganised the fleet bank a bit more.
From now on only put blue quality gear in.
That way the overall quality and appeal of the bank rises and we have a bit more room.
The green trash was just catching dust.
I also used the credits I got from vendoring the trash off to stock up some blues...

If you have some green equipment, just sell it to a vendor, as well, and either buy some blue gear for teh bank or put the credits in directly.
We will sporadically use the funds to restock.

If you need something feel free to post it here and we can buy it the next time we buy gear for the bank.
Old December 12 2011, 07:31 PM   #618
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Slightly new fleet rank structure:

Cadet: Same as before, new members who join the fleet. Promotion to full member happenes after a short while, if member is active in both fleet and on the TrekBBS board.

Crewman: Common fleet rank without admin responsibilities.
Promotion to next rank happens when member reaches Admiral level.

Officer: Veteran fleet rank. This rank is automatically rewarded when Admiral level is reached and the member has been a full fleet member already.
Officers are the go to folk for any questions and help that is needed by new low level players.

Junior Adjutant: Try out rank for any Veteran who likes to be a leading figure in the fleet with broader responsibilities like event organisation and the like, as well as certain specializations: STF, PvP, Fleet Actions, Crafting...

Adjutant: Full admin role, proven to be invested into his responsibilities.
If an Adjutant wants to return to normal Officer status he can do so at any time.

Admiral: Fleet founders and XO.
Old December 12 2011, 07:58 PM   #619
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Slightly new fleet rank structure:

Cadet: Same as before, new members who join the fleet. Promotion to full member happenes after a short while, if member is active in both fleet and on the TrekBBS board.

Crewman: Common fleet rank without admin responsibilities.
Promotion to next rank happens when member reaches Admiral level.

Officer: Veteran fleet rank. This rank is automatically rewarded when Admiral level is reached and the member has been a full fleet member already.
Officers are the go to folk for any questions and help that is needed by new low level players.

Junior Adjutant: Try out rank for any Veteran who likes to be a leading figure in the fleet with broader responsibilities like event organisation and the like, as well as certain specializations: STF, PvP, Fleet Actions, Crafting...

Adjutant: Full admin role, proven to be invested into his responsibilities.
If an Adjutant wants to return to normal Officer status he can do so at any time.

Admiral: Fleet founders and XO.
That sounds great. Thanks for taking the time to update it to make it more accessible. We should plan a couple of fleet events to do the new STF's so that our fleet can get the new gear. I tried a couple with random people, and they clicked Need on all the drops, leaving me with nothing but green item drop.
Old December 12 2011, 08:03 PM   #620
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

I'm hoping to participate in some fleet events soon, (I'm so bad at being available when they're happening) but I'm curious, how much is the impending release of the Old Republic going to effect peoples STO time in the near future?

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
Old December 13 2011, 12:20 PM   #621
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I would like to have a sunday event:

Ice-Skating tournament.

We race against each other, 2 at a time.
Winner gets a cool price (won't disclose what yet, but it will be cool.)

When we are done haveing fun in Q`s Winterwonderland and still have time we can show the Borg that we can beat their Elite no problem.

How does that sound?
Old December 13 2011, 01:52 PM   #622
Trek
Fleet Captain

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
I reorganised the fleet bank a bit more.
From now on only put blue quality gear in.
That way the overall quality and appeal of the bank rises and we have a bit more room.
The green trash was just catching dust.
I also used the credits I got from vendoring the trash off to stock up some blues...

If you have some green equipment, just sell it to a vendor, as well, and either buy some blue gear for teh bank or put the credits in directly.
We will sporadically use the funds to restock.

If you need something feel free to post it here and we can buy it the next time we buy gear for the bank.
Thanks for this Timelord_Victorious, it's looking much better.

Just to add, I'm going to check the bank for any green gear each time I log on and I'll be selling it for energy for the fleet if there's any in there.
Old December 13 2011, 02:16 PM   #623
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

We can also try to get a bit of fleet crafting going.
At the moment, the data sample collection is really growing fast.

Procedure would be, you go look for what you like to have crafted and buy the necessary crafting blocks for dilithium.
Contact the fleet crafter (atm I guess that's me), and send him the blocks plus any data samples you can provide yourself.
If any samples are missing, we will fill in the rest from the fleet bank.
We will then send the crafted items to you.

Why this makes sense: With our pooled resources gear is getting considerably cheaper.
You still have to pay dilithium for it, but only 60-70% of the equivelant vendor prices.
Of course this sucks compared to the previous crafting system, but it is what it is and still better then paying full price.
The fleet keeps you from grinding endless data samples to even GET to the high tier crafting items.

If you are a master crafter and like to take over the position of fleet crafter permanently, please contact me or post here.
Old December 13 2011, 04:02 PM   #624
hmbnimbus
Lieutenant Commander

Hey... I'm kinda looking for another fleet for one of my alts to go into. Essentially, the majority of my fleet, who I've been PvPing / STFing with for some time, have dropped off into SW:TOR. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so I have little intention of following them. I'm just wanting to know if you're a fleet with members regularly online or at least have a core player base who take on Elite STFs / do a bit of PvP / use voicechat etc. ? If so, I'd be very interested in joining the TrekBBS fleet! Also, my main is a maxed-out crafter, so I could help with that aspect too.

My in-game name is @

DELETED AFTER REQUEST FROM USER ON 13/8/13

Thanks.

Last edited by daedalus5; August 13 2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old December 13 2011, 05:33 PM   #625
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

You are welcome to join.
We are not a hardcore gamer fleet, though.
Most are very casual.
There are a few of us, though, who are online nearly every day and have done our share of STFs and PvP.
Voice chat is not a requirement in our fleet, so most don't have or use a mic.
Send me an in-game mail with the toon you like to join and I see to your invitation.
Old December 14 2011, 02:06 PM   #626
Trek
Fleet Captain

While I'm no where near it yet, I'm going to be working on Foxton as a crafter over the next couple of months, so I might be able to help out. (I have a long way to go).

Also, I'm getting Lex up to speed on Tribble breading again and collecting as many variants as I can. Hopefully this should soon mean that I can breed any Tribble you want (that can be bread of course - I can't get you a tribble of borg!) given the right food.

Finally my new Fed toon, Zylah, I'm working on being my main PVP character.
Old December 14 2011, 02:22 PM   #627
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Regarding Tribbles, my goal would be to have all the penultimate tribbles in the bank.
That way, you can go, take it out, feed the right high value food to it and get the best possible Tribble within the hour.
No one needs to be a dedicated Tribble breeder that way.
I trust the breeding Tribble will be returned to the bank afterwards.
We just have to make sure at least one needed Tribble in every branch is available.
I know I still got loads on my main and even more on an alt.
Old December 14 2011, 03:17 PM   #628
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Speaking of Tribbles (this probably belongs in the other STO thread).. has anybody been able to figure out the new tribble for the holdiay event? I did a quick scan of the STO forums and could not find any posts on it.
Old December 14 2011, 03:27 PM   #629
DarkHorizon
Captain

^Figure out in what way - how to get it? Feed a tribble one of the food and drink items available at the Winter Wonderland.
Old December 14 2011, 05:40 PM   #630
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
^Figure out in what way - how to get it? Feed a tribble one of the food and drink items available at the Winter Wonderland.
Is there any specific tribble that needs to eat the food, or will any tribble do? With the tribble crafting, you need to feed specific tribbles certain foods to get other types of tribbles.
Closed Thread