RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 422
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 9 2011, 04:40 AM   #1651
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

To be honust your not missing much if you dont have the Catwoman stuff, i found charactor's segments really interrupted the flow of the game, with it's lurching stuttering building climbing controls and the charactor's poor top health and armour, and lack of a decent selection of weapons, compared to the main charactor(Batman).

If you played the game without the catwoman DLC and did not know about it you would not know it was missing.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2011, 05:16 AM   #1652
RoJoHen
Awesome

Yeah, I played all the Catwoman stuff after I beat the Batman story. It was less jarring that way.
Old December 9 2011, 07:01 AM   #1653
BigFoot
Admiral

I personally liked playing Catwoman's chapters while playing the main story.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2011, 11:56 PM   #1654
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I just picked up The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I've heard some pretty bad things about the game, but I had to try it for myself. At least my expectations are low, so I should get some entertainment out of it.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2011, 07:50 PM   #1655
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Just finished a playthrough of ME2 in which I purposely got Tali killed...uh, I feel like a monster.
...As it happens I also got Jacob killed, but I'm not so bothered about that.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2011, 11:43 PM   #1656
Skywalker
Admiral

I've been in kind of a nostalgic mood recently, so I reinstalled Crimson Skies on my PC and have been playing the heck out of it. I had to download a fan-made bug fix for it because for some reason the game doesn't work with modern video drivers, but the game is still just as fun as I remember it.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2011, 11:50 PM   #1657
Lowdarzz
Captain

I've dusted off my Xbox and started playing the game of the year edition of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

I still had a level 20 dark elf saved so I just picked up where I left off.
Lowdarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2011, 12:29 AM   #1658
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I just picked up The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I've heard some pretty bad things about the game, but I had to try it for myself. At least my expectations are low, so I should get some entertainment out of it.
Well my expectations were low and it stills sucks. I know modern gaming tends to dumb down the games a bit to help newcomers pick them up, but this is the first time I've played a game where the developers clearly thought I was mentally retarded.

*Walk into a volcano dungeon with fire all over the floor"
Navi-Clone: "Link, don't touch the fire. It will hurt you."

Well no fucking shit. Fire hurts. I've got it. The whole game is full of crap like that. It isn't a terrible game, but I hate being talked down to. Why isn't there a "I'm not a moron" difficulty option?

Old December 13 2011, 01:45 AM   #1659
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Not much as of late. Been busy with real life... but when I get a chance to get out my DS, I've been playing some Animal Crossing: Wild World and Mario Kart DS.
Random_Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2011, 11:22 AM   #1660
Jax
Admiral

Prince of Perisa on PS3 and everything about the game is good, its fun BUT I will have to stop playing it because of one MORONIC stupid gameplay idea...lightseeds.

You have to get them to unlock more of the world, basically its mandatory exploration and that sucks. Also to make it worse its not like you have to get 50 and theres 100 dotted around the map NOOOOOOO, you have to get every single one which is not gameplay progression gameplay but anal trohpy collection gameplay so why did they mix the two up. Its a cheap way to extend gameplay without having to come up with any ideas and ruins the flow of the game, I was really enjoying the game as well.

some people don't deserve to make games.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2011, 12:48 PM   #1661
BigFoot
Admiral

^ You don't need ALL the lightseeds to open up new levels. You "only" need 540 (I believe that's the correct number) to beat the game.
Old December 13 2011, 05:49 PM   #1662
John Clark
Commodore

Reverend wrote: View Post
Just finished a playthrough of ME2 in which I purposely got Tali killed...uh, I feel like a monster.
...As it happens I also got Jacob killed, but I'm not so bothered about that.

Well, I am playing a fairly evil run through of ME2 but it's not going quite to plan. I don't know if I could go quite that far though.
Old December 13 2011, 05:57 PM   #1663
Jax
Admiral

BigFoot wrote: View Post
^ You don't need ALL the lightseeds to open up new levels. You "only" need 540 (I believe that's the correct number) to beat the game.
Early stages deffo the one am on I need them all, I've tried but I simply can't find my way to some of them. Its still a cheap way to extend the gameplay I mean 540
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2011, 07:15 PM   #1664
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Well I got the Platinum trophy which means I had to get all 1001 of them. So 540 was easy.
Old December 13 2011, 07:56 PM   #1665
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
BigFoot wrote: View Post
Early stages deffo the one am on I need them all, I've tried but I simply can't find my way to some of them. Its still a cheap way to extend the gameplay I mean 540
Heh, yeah, I gave up about 5 hours into the game due to those damn lightseeds. Forcing the player to backtrack through each and every level immediately after beating it with nothing changed except for the graphics? Worst idea since Bomberman Zero.

At least Sands of Time was awesome.