Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 5 2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Whofan
Fleet Captain

Re: New to CSI, need some help on where to start.

It's fairly easy to jump into the first few seasons. I think the character with the most continuity 'baggage' is probably Catherine (Marg). Her character is sort of a single mom and former showgirl who has an interesting connection to a recurring character (Not going to spoil it though). However she is reportedly leaving this season so you might want to jump in February where she gets replaced with Elizabeth Shue.
Whofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2011, 10:12 PM   #17
Forbin
Admiral

They seem to have ignored Catherine's daughter since she hit high school age. She's only mentioned maybe once a year.
Forbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2011, 10:35 PM   #18
Whofan
Fleet Captain

Lindsay last appeared in World's End, I believe (Where there was a murder at her school). She'll probably appear in the Jan/Feb episodes when Catherine leaves.
Whofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2011, 09:27 PM   #19
Forbin
Admiral

Whofan wrote: View Post
Lindsay last appeared in World's End, I believe (Where there was a murder at her school). She'll probably appear in the Jan/Feb episodes when Catherine leaves.
How long ago was that?
Forbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2011, 08:45 AM   #20
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Probably 2 seasons ago. ^^^
Old December 7 2011, 05:11 PM   #21
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Jefferies wrote: View Post
Hi everyone,

My second question is which season of CSI do you think is the most accomplished out of the 11 and a half so far?

My final question is how you rate the spin-offs CSI: Miami and CSI:NY. Are they better, worse, generally inferior/superior to the original? Basically, what I'm asking for here, in your opinion which series do you rate most highly?

Thanks for your help!
Depends upon what you want. The Vegas version started with the premise of following the science but has long ago evolved to the point where "criminalist" now "Las Vegas crime lab" para-cop Nick kicks in the doors and send his detective around back to cover any escape. And Nick is shooting folks at least twice a year.

After watching the NYPD for years on other cop shows the entire premise of the CSU unit being called CSIs, taking over cases and running the show just seems off.

Meanwhile in Miami the crime lab CSIs, they use the term as a rank it seems, are the first responders as their Humvees outrun the Miami Dade Police helicopter and squad cars which follow them like ducklings to the scene of a 911 call. Alligators are lured into swimming pools to be used as a murder weapon. In my wife's opinion there is more eye candy for her, except for Walter . Horatio and Delko are quicker to the gun then Nick of Vegas.

Until this year when CBS has been advertising Vegas as the world's most watched show they were saying Miami was. The main difference now is that Vegas happens at night and Miami during the day. However with Ted Danson replacing Laurence Fishburne, Vegas has gone back to its roots and the lead doesn't openly carry a gun and get into shootouts. It remains to be seen if less "action" on Vegas puts Miami back on top of the international market.
Old December 8 2011, 02:59 PM   #22
the G-man
Commodore

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Start at the beginning. It's actually very rewarding. Most of the best work was in the first four or five seasons.
This.

I would also recommend "Grave Danger," the two-part episode directed and co-written by Quentin Tarantino (which was from the fifth season, I think)
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote