Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 1 2011, 03:41 PM   #211
TheNatureRoy
Lieutenant

Re: The latest "Alien" prequel rumours - Scott directing, in 3-D?

Silent_Bob wrote: View Post
Since i have no self control when it comes to spoiling films, i read the supposed plot summary for Prometheus that've been lurking around.

If its accurate then i'm pretty impressed. The main plot is interesting enough by itself and the links to the Alien franchise pretty much answer every loose end generated by the first film.
io9 claims the leaked synopsis is 'an old fake': http://io9.com/5863499/leaked-promet...is-an-old-fake
TheNatureRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2011, 04:17 PM   #212
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain

Re: The latest "Alien" prequel rumours - Scott directing, in 3-D?

TheNatureRoy wrote: View Post
Silent_Bob wrote: View Post
Since i have no self control when it comes to spoiling films, i read the supposed plot summary for Prometheus that've been lurking around.

If its accurate then i'm pretty impressed. The main plot is interesting enough by itself and the links to the Alien franchise pretty much answer every loose end generated by the first film.
io9 claims the leaked synopsis is 'an old fake': http://io9.com/5863499/leaked-promet...is-an-old-fake
I guess it was too good to be true. Shame really, some of the ideas in the Possibly Fake summary were quite good.
Old December 2 2011, 03:16 AM   #213
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

Taking a look at those high-res pictures, this movie really does look cool. I think I'm actually interested, possibly even excited to see this movie.
Old December 6 2011, 01:55 AM   #214
KB24
Fleet Captain

View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24

I've been avoiding all these synopsis and plot releases, whether they be real or fake, trying to go into it as open as possible. I already have 20 years of my own hypotheticals, you know.

The leaked trailer is indeed so tantalizing and yet full of crap. You can hardly see anything, the grammar errors. Hopefully we will get the real thing soon, please, please!

Back to Blade Runner for a moment. Why would MF's hair need to be died that horrible bleach blonde unless it was to akin him to the Batty series of Replicants? They worked on ships and mining in the outer worlds, which shoulds like Prometheus is going to have some ship out in the middle of nowhere snooping around LV-426. Why can't he be one of them?

Although, they are making no secret he is an android, which sort of reduces the odds he's going to be the surprise evil synthetic. My only other theory would be that Theron is also a robot, the surprise bad one, and MF's hair is blonde to match hers.

So many possibilities! I really hope Scott did right here. And oh, before I forget re Weylan Yutani, don't they also make an appearance in Soldier, which was akinned to at least being in the same universe as Blade Runner?
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2011, 03:35 AM   #215
IcecreamLtDan
Captain

Actually, the movie Soldier had references to Blade Runner and several other movies. Here's a brief synopsis.

http://bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Soldier
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2011, 01:48 PM   #216
Saul
Rear Admiral

Ugh Soldier. That was a bad movie.

Here is a very interesting interview with Scott which shows the direction the story is heading it. http://filmophilia.com/2011/12/17/in...riginal-alien/

No Xenomorph he says because it's at Disneyland. How the fu*k did we get to that point?
Old December 18 2011, 01:54 PM   #217
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

"Solider" is a guilty pleasure film of mine. It has flaws no question but I like it...the score is pretty good IIRC as well. I wonder what happened to the teaser trailer released. It was supposed to come out a couple of weeks ago but I guess the studio decided to pull it after it was leaked and will release it at a later date.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2011, 07:30 PM   #218
davejames
Vice Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
Here is a very interesting interview with Scott which shows the direction the story is heading it. http://filmophilia.com/2011/12/17/in...riginal-alien/

No Xenomorph he says because it's at Disneyland. How the fu*k did we get to that point?
Cool interview. And yeah, it's sad the way his iconic Xenomorph has been watered down over the years. I DO think he's probably the one guy who could have made them seem truly terrifying again, but I completely understand him wanting to do something different.

And this movie already sounds about a thousand times more interesting and inventive than any of the sequels or spinoffs. Seriously, all those other directors could think of do to was have the aliens chase Ripley around some more? Or have them be hunted by Predators??
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2011, 07:32 PM   #219
xortex
Commodore

Saul wrote: View Post
Ugh Soldier. That was a bad movie.

I like it much better now that he put that spin on it and compartmentalized the aliens somewhat. This could be the start of a new franchise because of that, if he cleans it up a little. Higher beings should clean it up alot. There's alot of potential in the premise of a crazy theory being put out there about the gods and it could have plenty of follow up material as well which is always a good thing, as it breaches a new area of sci-fi that is full of fundemantal questions since aliens are really just another branch of the supernatural, paranormal and occult anyway. So there is overlap with real science and sci-fi of course.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2011, 09:02 PM   #220
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Never mind about what i said about the trailer...it is coming Thursday. Here's a teaser.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/...ts-incredible/

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2011, 10:30 PM   #221
davejames
Vice Admiral

Wow, looks like Ridley has recaptured the creepy haunted house vibe of the first movie almost perfectly.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2011, 10:40 PM   #222
Saul
Rear Admiral

That makes me wanna sit down and rewatch all the Alien movies. Really excited about this.
Old December 19 2011, 10:46 PM   #223
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter

Awesome. I can't wait to see the full trailer. I'm a huge Ridley Scott fan and I'm really looking forward to his return to the sci-fi genre.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2011, 11:01 PM   #224
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Never mind about what i said about the trailer...it is coming Thursday. Here's a teaser.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/...ts-incredible/
A trailer for a trailer? That's a new one on me. Looks interesting though.

I don't even care if it's connected with the original films or not; I'll watch anything directed by Ridley Scott...except Legend.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2011, 11:06 PM   #225
I Am The Walrus
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I Am The Walrus Send a message via Yahoo to I Am The Walrus

^ Bah! Legend is awesome!
I Am The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote